Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JR85 Mock
1st Round - Emmanuel Ogbah (Defensive End) Oklahoma State - Pass rushers and Corners are something that teams can never have enough of. Beyond Dunlap and Johnson we have no proven talent at the position. Bringing in Ogbah would help solve that situation.

[Image: smallogbah.jpg]

2nd Round - Sterling Shepard (Wide Receiver) Oklahoma - Great slot receiver with tons of production and not very many drops. PFF recently compared him favorably to how they graded Tyler Lockett last year with both guys as the number 1 WR in their rankins for their classes.

[Image: Sterling-Shepard1-600x400.jpg]

3rd Round - Javon Hargrave (Defensive Tackle) South Carolina State - While I considered taking a Defensive Tackle in the first because I really like Billings and Butler and could see them being the selection I am just not sold on them taking one so early since they typically don't do so. Hargrave is a small school guy with big potential that would fit into what we need and has time to develop without being thrown in right away since Sims and Thompson are back on 1 year deals this year.

[Image: 5462c6f3ea74f.image.jpg?resize=699%2C466]

4th Round - Zack Sanchez (Cornerback) Oklahoma - Bengals have reportedly worked out Sanchez and he would provide depth at CB. I don't know that the Bengals are sold on Kirkpatrick who is entering the last year of his deal. Pacman is 32 but still playing at a high level if he stays healthy. Dennard is coming off injury and is a bit of question mark as well. Josh Shaw showed some potential last year but I am not sure he won't be moved to Safety at some point.

[Image: Zack+Sanchez+Texas+v+Oklahoma+GfkvR1pRgNVl.jpg]

5th Round - Jayron Kearse (Safety) Clemson - This guys stock is all over the place. Daniel Jeremiah recently mentioned he could be a last first round pick because some teams might want to convert him to Safety and have his a big CB. Other places list his as a 4th or 5th round Safety. He has disappeared in some games and stood out in others which is the big reason for the variation. If available this late he would be worth a shot.

[Image: 0907_dmsp14_clemsonwofford_1443465234174...40_480.jpg]

6th Round - Demarcus Robinson (Wide Receiver) Florida - Talent has never been the issue with Robinson. I think he is worth the risk here in the 6th and can be groomed to be an outside WR in this offense to take over for Lafell in a year or two.

[Image: Demarcus+Robinson+LSU+v+Florida+q8dlUTYMFFel.jpg]

7th Round - Stephene Nembot (Offensive Tackle) Colorado - I think we look to add an Offensive Lineman to stash on the practice squad for a year to develop and this could be the guy.

[Image: stephane-nembot.jpg?w=594]

7th Round -
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
Overall it's solid.
Reply/Quote
I like this draft overall...

We need a pass rusher to come out of the rotation other than Will Clarke/Margus Hunt (ew).

I also love the Sterling Shepard pick and would take him in a heart beat in the 2nd. Also a fan of the Zack Sanchez pick, could be a steal.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Very solid all the way around. Cannot get much better than this if it turned out this way.

The only thing i question in this mock is Shepard lasting to our pick in the 2nd.

People are really starting to notice this guy leading up to the Draft. He might go in the 1st.
Reply/Quote