Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ja'Marr 2nd team all-pro and vote for him Pepsi ROY
Ja'Marr was named a 2nd team all-pro in his rookie season. 1st team was Cooper Kupp, Devonte Adams, and Deebo Samuels.

Ja'Marr was the only Bengal to receive any votes. There was no 2nd team for running back as Jonathan Taylor was a unanimous choice for the spot

edit: He needs the year end award to go with all his belts. Currently has 100% of the votes...that might change

https://www.nfl.com/voting/rookies/rookie-of-the-year

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
No votes at all for Burrow or Hendrickson? Outrage.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 02:40 PM)pally Wrote: Ja'Marr was named a 2nd team all-pro in his rookie season.  1st team was Cooper Kupp, Devonte Adams, and Deebo Samuels.

Ja'Marr was the only Bengal to receive any votes.  There was no 2nd team for running back as Jonathan Taylor was a unanimous choice for the spot

That's an amazing accomplishment for a rookie.  Congratulations to Ja'Marr.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 02:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: No votes at all for Burrow or Hendrickson? Outrage.

only QBs to receive votes were Rodgers and Brady

Bengals played every edge guy who got votes  T.J. Watt, Steelers, 50; Myles Garrett, Browns, 29; Robert Quinn, Bears, 9; Maxx Crosby, Raiders, 6; Nick Bosa, 49ers, 5; Joey Bosa, Chargers, 1.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
That's cool for Chase. I imagine 1st team was kind of close between him and Deebo. Deebo's flexibility playing all over the field probably earned him the votes.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
The all-pro voting process is so bad.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 02:49 PM)pally Wrote: only QBs to receive votes were Rodgers and Brady

Bengals played every edge guy who got votes  T.J. Watt, Steelers, 50; Myles Garrett, Browns, 29; Robert Quinn, Bears, 9; Maxx Crosby, Raiders, 6; Nick Bosa, 49ers, 5; Joey Bosa, Chargers, 1.

Hendrickson was arguably better than Joey Bosa or Crosby. Burrow was arguably as good as Rodgers. Would've been nice to see them get at least a vote or two.

Still, congrats to Chase.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 02:56 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: That's cool for Chase.  I imagine 1st team was kind of close between him and Deebo.  Deebo's flexibility playing all over the field probably earned him the votes.

Deebo had 21 votes, Chase only 9.  Four kickers got votes, but none for Evan.  Lot of defensive ends split votes, but none for Hendrickson. 

https://apnews.com/article/nfl-sports-minnesota-indiana-tom-brady-1b8bec302e5d134566def739a78106f2
Reply/Quote
Chase is at 69% for the Pepsi ROY year voting.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 03:04 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Chase is at 69% for the Pepsi ROY year voting.

Wait until the Dallas fans wake up and start voting for Micah Parsons. It will be close.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 03:00 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Hendrickson was arguably better than Joey Bosa or Crosby. Burrow was arguably as good as Rodgers. Would've been nice to see them get at least a vote or two.

Still, congrats to Chase.

Hendrickson needed more tackles, probably. 34 total just isn't a whole lot. Bosa and Crosby both had over 50. I know sacks and pass rush win rates and all that, but people still do look at some of the simple stats and Hendrickson didn't have a whole lot of statistical impact outside of his sacks. In 10 of his 16 games he didn't have a single non-sack solo tackle. (I'll still gladly take that FA contract and he added a bunch to the defense, but that's not the same as All-Pro.)

Burrow was not arguably as good as Rodgers. Burrow had 3 less TDs and 10 more INTs than Rodgers. That's an enormous difference.

Chase got shafted, though. There's no reason he should have lost to Deebo. More catches, more yards, MORE than DOUBLE the amount of TDs. Only one more drop, so it can't even be that which was the deciding factor. Can't be supporting cast either, because Higgins and Boyd aren't that far ahead of Kittle and Aiyuk, that's comparative enough to not warrant handicapping Chase. Chase should have been 1st team. (EDIT: Nevermind, forgot Deebo also added 365 yards and 8 TDs rushing.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Got Ja'Marr to 72% Rock On

He deserves ROY for damn sure. Best rookie season by a WR ever IMO.

Imagine if he wasn't dropping balls? Shocked
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 03:03 PM)Nepanyrush Wrote: Deebo had 21 votes, Chase only 9.  Four kickers got votes, but none for Evan.  Lot of defensive ends split votes, but none for Hendrickson. 

https://apnews.com/article/nfl-sports-minnesota-indiana-tom-brady-1b8bec302e5d134566def739a78106f2

I thought it would be closer but as I said I guess Deebo's flexibility won out.  Chase had slightly more yards receiving, 13 receiving TDs to Deebo's 6.  But Deebo was all over the field as a WR and RB (365 yards and 8 rushing TDs) as well as 1 passing TD.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 03:15 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Hendrickson needed more tackles, probably. 34 total just isn't a whole lot. Bosa and Crosby both had over 50. I know sacks and pass rush win rates and all that, but people still do look at some of the simple stats and Hendrickson didn't have a whole lot of statistical impact outside of his sacks. In 10 of his 16 games he didn't have a single non-sack solo tackle. (I'll still gladly take that FA contract and he added a bunch to the defense, but that's not the same as All-Pro.)

Burrow was not arguably as good as Rodgers. Burrow had 3 less TDs and 10 more INTs than Rodgers. That's an enormous difference.

Chase got shafted, though. There's no reason he should have lost to Deebo. More catches, more yards, MORE than DOUBLE the amount of TDs. Only one more drop, so it can't even be that which was the deciding factor. Can't be supporting cast either, because Higgins and Boyd aren't that far ahead of Kittle and Aiyuk, that's comparative enough to not warrant handicapping Chase. Chase should have been 1st team. (EDIT: Nevermind, forgot Deebo also added 365 yards and 8 TDs rushing.)

I don't want to derail this into a Rodgers/Burrow debate, but TDs to INTs aren't the only stats

Burrow had a better comp % (1st in NFL), YPA (8.9 to 7.8 which is very significant), and 500 more yards (again, very significant), while being sacked 21 more times. There's certainly an argument to be made. I think their seasons were equally impressive. Rodgers made fewer mistakes. Burrow had more big plays.

Fair enough point on Hendrickson. I'd still give a vote to a guy with 14 sacks and who is a constant disruptive force, but maybe the oversight will keep him motivated. Same with Joey B.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 03:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Imagine if he wasn't dropping balls?  Shocked

It's something every kid has to go through to become a man, Nate. ThumbsUp

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 02:56 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: The all-pro voting process is so bad.

Not as bad as the Pro Bowl
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 03:46 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's something every kid has to go through to become a man, Nate. ThumbsUp

Yes, we all go through it. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 03:15 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Hendrickson needed more tackles, probably. 34 total just isn't a whole lot. Bosa and Crosby both had over 50. I know sacks and pass rush win rates and all that, but people still do look at some of the simple stats and Hendrickson didn't have a whole lot of statistical impact outside of his sacks. In 10 of his 16 games he didn't have a single non-sack solo tackle. (I'll still gladly take that FA contract and he added a bunch to the defense, but that's not the same as All-Pro.)

Trey Hendrickson is still learning how to defend the run this was really the first season he was asked to play a high percentage of snaps and on heavy on run downs. He has gotten better as the season continues.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Interesting to see the AFCN first team All Pros. Browns, Ravens and Steelers all had multiple first team All Pros yet the Bengals have none?
Reply/Quote
Since the Bengals finished 5th in the NFL in run defense, the next question is what were the YPA stats for runs left, right, and inside? That will tell more of the story.
Reply/Quote