Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ja'Marr Chase Hands Out Turkeys And Gift Cards!
How awesome is Ja'Marr Chase?!

He bought a bunch of Turkeys and $50 gift cards and handed them out to families in Cincinnati!

Quote:(WLWT) - A famous face made a stop at a Cincinnati Kroger store on Tuesday to stock up on thanksgiving goodies, but Bengals wide receiver Ja’Marr Chase wasn’t buying them for himself.

He did it to help others who are in need this year.

Chase may have blended into the normal mix of Kroger shoppers if it weren’t for the security and cameras.

For a few hours, he’s shedding his uniform and doing work off the field to help the community.

A cart full of Thanksgiving turkeys go from check out to his vehicle and found a final stop with families who take them home for the holiday.

“It’s a blessing coming through for some of the families that’s unable for provide for their family on the holidays. So it’s a good thing. My kids go to this school so it’s very nice,” said Shika Pickens.

The pick-up line was set at Alliance Academy in Evanston.

Chase and his family filled cars with a turkey and a $50 gift card to Kroger.

“Just giving back to the community and giving back to Cincinnati. You know, show that I appreciate the love they’ve given to me and also giving out from the Chase Family Foundation from me and my family looking out to help others,” Chase said.

Chase also posed for pictures at the event sending families off with a memorable moment.

But the deeper meaning of the day is felt even among the youngest in the crowd.

“I feel grateful cause usually we don’t get turkeys like these,” Jerry Brooks, an Alliance Academy student, said.

And that’s what makes it all worthwhile.

“I’m happy to be in attendance today for those children who need it. Make their Thanksgiving better any way possible that I can. Just to see a smile on a kids face will make a day better for anyone, myself included,” Chase said.

Now these families get ready for a day full of food.

If that highlighted part doesn't warm your heart, you might not have a soul!

Ja'Marr Chase is a hell of a dude and this helps build trust and love for the Bengals in the community!

I saw something on Facebook that said it was in Norwood, which I present at the high school up there a few times every year and it's generally a pretty poor area.

It's AMAZING that he and Joe will be the face of the franchise for the next 15 years!

We found a GREAT one!

WHO-DEY!
Reply/Quote
Very cool of Chase. As long as he didn't drop them out of helicopters. Yes, friends, it is time for the best scene from any sitcom of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGFtV6-ALoQ&ab_channel=BrianHenigin
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
DJ Reader did something similar, 2 unnamed players and team Chaplin Vinny Rey worked a food kitchen, Sam Hubbard bought lunch for all the workers at the Free Store Food Bank

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Its good To give back to the community that feeds you....

Love to see these gestures
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 09:40 AM)pally Wrote: DJ Reader did something similar, 2 unnamed players and team Chaplin Vinny Rey worked a food kitchen, Sam Hubbard bought lunch for all the workers at the Free Store Food Bank

Not really charitable, but Joe Burrow bought shots for all the OU fans at an Athens bar during the NCAA tournament this past year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Love seeing this stuff, warms your heart. Great on Chase and the other players giving like this. Wink
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 11:17 AM)jason Wrote: Not really charitable, but Joe Burrow bought shots for all the OU fans at an Athens bar during the NCAA tournament this past year.

It's charitable if it was Wild Turkey.  Ninja

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote