Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ja' Marr Chase Love
I know probably everyone has seen this, but this has the highlights of Chase with Burrow in the National Championship game, followed by his highlights at the Pro Day.

His snap change of direction around the 2:20 mark is insane. I can't wait to see this guy this season in stripes. Our stripes.

https://www.facebook.com/NFL/videos/579566480089447/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 08:22 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I know probably everyone has seen this, but this has the highlights of Chase with Burrow in the National Championship game, followed by his highlights at the Pro Day.

His snap change of direction around the 2:20 mark is insane. I can't wait to see this guy this season in stripes. Our stripes.

Regardless of seeing this before, it never gets old my friend. One of my favorite measurables is the short shuttle, something you see translate to the field of play. I fell in love with Burrow pretty early in that season while the “Tank For Tua” theme was still prevalent, (remember many here liking him a lot too back then when I mostly just read but didn’t post on this board ) and as the season progressed, I couldn’t help but take serious notice of Chase. I loved Deandre Hopkins pre-draft for many of the same reasons regarding ball skills. Lastly, … he absolutely torched AJ Terrell lol.
Reply/Quote
I love that we have 6 players from that NCG.

Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 08:22 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I know probably everyone has seen this, but this has the highlights of Chase with Burrow in the National Championship game, followed by his highlights at the Pro Day.

The shoulder he drops and puts into the DB at 1:57 is pretty nice as well. I can't wait to see what he, Burrow, Higgins and Boyd can do on the field together.
Reply/Quote
He looks the part of an explosive WR, that's for sure. I'm getting Deandre Hopkins, Antonio Brown, Stefon Diggs vibes watching him.

I will say, it's going to take a creative playcaller to properly utilize our three receivers. It's easier said than done. You've got 3 guys, all of which are capable of putting up monster seasons. Figuring out how to spread the ball around and to get these guys in the position to exploit coverages and mismatches is going to be a challenge. I hope Taylor is up for it, because it would be a damn shame to waste such a tremendous group with a playcaller who can't get everything out of them.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2021, 01:50 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I love that we have 6 players from that NCG.

I remember the brief period where we seemed obsessed with Georgia Bulldogs drafting Pollack, Thurman, Boling, O. Charles, and a few others.  I am not sure I can remember a time where we got this many starters from a NCG, though.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2021, 11:35 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: He looks the part of an explosive WR, that's for sure. I'm getting Deandre Hopkins, Antonio Brown, Stefon Diggs vibes watching him.

I will say, it's going to take a creative playcaller to properly utilize our three receivers. It's easier said than done. You've got 3 guys, all of which are capable of putting up monster seasons. Figuring out how to spread the ball around and to get these guys in the position to exploit coverages and mismatches is going to be a challenge. I hope Taylor is up for it, because it would be a damn shame to waste such a tremendous group with a playcaller who can't get everything out of them.

Too often in the past, I've felt like we were just getting by on offense because we had talented players. We didn't really have creative play callers putting us in position to truly be dominant with those talented players.

IMO, this is a big reason why our offense sputtered so much in the playoffs. Everyone in the playoffs has talent. You need talent and excellent strategy to be a real contender. Otherwise, we'll see Chase and Higgins disappear in big games like Green and Chad often did.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2021, 02:00 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Too often in the past, I've felt like we were just getting by on offense because we had talented players. We didn't really have creative play callers putting us in position to truly be dominant with those talented players.

IMO, this is a big reason why our offense sputtered so much in the playoffs. Everyone in the playoffs has talent. You need talent and excellent strategy to be a real contender. Otherwise, we'll see Chase and Higgins disappear in big games like Green and Chad often did.

In 2 years I have yet to see anykind of creative schemes formations or playcalling from ZT or BC.
Going for it on 4th down more than more
Most OCs doesnt make.you a great one

This offense has the personel on offense to
Create mismatches have big play potential
But ZT and BC do nothing with the playbook
That creates confusion or communication
Issues with opposing defenses

Jamar Chase needs to line.up at all the WR spots
Sent in motion, jet sweeps, lineup at RB in order
To occupy the mind of all levels of the defense
Reply/Quote
We got some WR's fellas.... Chase - Deep Threat, Boyd - Slot, and Higgens - can do both IMO.

No reason we arent putting up at least 24 points a game.. I expect more tbh but thats fair starting number
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Every Time I watch Chase he reminds me of Jerry Rice. Kid is going to be special wouldn't be surprised if he ends up breaking the Rookie NFL receiving yards this season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2021, 05:06 PM)J24 Wrote: Every Time I watch Chase he reminds me of Jerry Rice.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2021, 05:32 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Stop being so negative
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2021, 05:51 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Stop being so negative

Today I learned that wanting to pump the brakes on comparing a rookie WR, with a completely different body type, to Jerry freaking Rice is "negative."  Shocked
Reply/Quote

His snap change of direction around the 2:20 mark is insane.  I can't wait to see this guy this season in stripes.  Our stripes.  

Have always wanted an O-lineman or elite pass rusher with the first pick and have been livid every time a WR was drafted in 1st by Bengals except for AJ Green and now Chase. 

Do truly believe he is the real freakin deal.  

Still wanted Sewell yet understand the allure to bring Chase into the fold. Especially since or franchise QB wanted him desperately. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2021, 02:00 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Too often in the past, I've felt like we were just getting by on offense because we had talented players. We didn't really have creative play callers putting us in position to truly be dominant with those talented players.

Same

I remember a MNF game vs. Steelers in 2019. We were still riding the ZT will be the next offensive genius HC wave. Steelers blasted us ! We had like 150 yards offense in the entire game.

During halftime Steve Young was asking where is all this innovation ? Where is the motion ? why is the offense falling flat on it's face ?

I'm just worried the same questions are going to be being asked this season.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2021, 11:35 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: He looks the part of an explosive WR, that's for sure.  I'm getting Deandre Hopkins, Antonio Brown, Stefon Diggs vibes watching him.

I will say, it's going to take a creative playcaller to properly utilize our three receivers.  It's easier said than done.  You've got 3 guys, all of which are capable of putting up monster seasons.  Figuring out how to spread the ball around and to get these guys in the position to exploit coverages and mismatches is going to be a challenge.  I hope Taylor is up for it, because it would be a damn shame to waste such a tremendous group with a playcaller who can't get everything out of them.

I would disagree.. the more talent you have at WR actually makes it easier for coaches calling plays especially if Burrow is what we believe he is at QB.. it actually gets harder calling plays when you can;t trust your line over having talented WRs... 
Reply/Quote

While I completely agree with this statement, as we saw it time and time again, I think that having Joe Burrow changes all of that.  His ability to audible based on looks and overall savvy as to how he wants to attack a defense can help to eliminate this problem.  
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2021, 08:45 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: While I completely agree with this statement, as we saw it time and time again, I think that having Joe Burrow changes all of that.  His ability to audible based on looks and overall savvy as to how he wants to attack a defense can help to eliminate this problem.  

I sure hope
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2021, 08:45 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: While I completely agree with this statement, as we saw it time and time again, I think that having Joe Burrow changes all of that.  His ability to audible based on looks and overall savvy as to how he wants to attack a defense can help to eliminate this problem.  

actually it helps cover the bad play calling better with Joe.   But doesnt solve the route problem of bad OC/(ZT)
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2021, 02:27 PM)impactplaya Wrote: In 2 years I have yet to see anykind of creative schemes formations or playcalling from ZT or BC.
Going for it on 4th down more than more
Most OCs doesnt make.you a great one

This offense has the personel on offense to
Create mismatches have big play potential
But ZT and BC do nothing with the playbook
That creates confusion or communication
Issues with opposing defenses

Jamar Chase needs to line.up at all the WR spots
Sent in motion, jet sweeps, lineup at RB in order
To occupy the mind of all levels of the defense

I don't know why, but i just read all that in Shady's voice, ala Just Lose It.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote