Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ja' Marr Chase Love
(07-12-2021, 12:52 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: actually it helps cover the bad play calling better with Joe.   But doesnt solve the route problem of bad OC/(ZT)

Where are you getting that there is a route problem?  I thought I remembered hearing that some of his route designs were being copied around the league?

The point of contention here is that his star #1 WR wasn't able to generate separation.  That is why Tee Higgins, who started the year on the bench, suddenly has a breakout season with nearly 1000 yards.  It is also how Tate had a 7 for 7 reception day against the Titans.  It is how the TEs got 11 receptions in that week 2 matchup against the Browns in his 2nd NFL start.  It isn't a bad design, and Burrow knows how to find the open target.  

With a true #1 WR, and an overall strong receiver corps (Uzo is no slouch either), the entire plan of Taylor's should be at Burrow's disposal.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ja'Marr Chase spent his opt out in an NFL caliber Weight Training and Nutrition program so we won't have to wait until year 2 to see him maxed out.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 08:22 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I know probably everyone has seen this, but this has the highlights of Chase with Burrow in the National Championship game, followed by his highlights at the Pro Day.

His snap change of direction around the 2:20 mark is insane.  I can't wait to see this guy this season in stripes.  Our stripes.  

https://www.facebook.com/NFL/videos/579566480089447/

Your word insane is pretty much the epitome of Ja'Marr brother.

His change of direction is just that. Think this guy could be our best WR ever. Saying something but man, hard to not believe it 
watching him. His hands are great, his routes are great, crisp just like Chad. But he is extremely physical for a WR, I honestly 
don't know many WR's like him, maybe Steve Smith from the Panthers/D-Hop.

We need our OL to stay healthy with our starters and maybe we can see it his rookie year. Chase is legit.
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2021, 05:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Your word insane is pretty much the epitome of Ja'Marr brother.

His change of direction is just that. Think this guy could be our best WR ever. Saying something but man, hard to not believe it 
watching him. His hands are great, his routes are great, crisp just like Chad. But he is extremely physical for a WR, I honestly 
don't know many WR's like him, maybe Steve Smith from the Panthers/D-Hop.

We need our OL to stay healthy with our starters and maybe we can see it his rookie year. Chase is legit.

His physicality is the one thing that I believe separates him from the likes of Devonte Smith and the other top prospects at WR.  He has the speed, route running, etc. but his physical strength is downright impressive for a WR.  

His 23 reps of 225 lbs on the bench, 11' broad jump, and 42" vertical adds up to an explosiveness score of 75. Combined with a 40 yard dash of 4.38 and a short shuttle in 3.99 and you have a certified freak.  

All of those things are mighty impressive on paper, but Chase has broken records at every level in which he has competed.  20 TEs and 20 YPR when he was 19 years old in the SEC?  Just crazy.  And his mindset is that he will do it in the NFL....break records, that is. 

I am so thrilled that he is back with Burrow and the Bengals already have a solid stable of WRs with Higgins and Boyd, but with Chase the unit could be elite.  I can't wait to watch them.  

Reply/Quote
(07-20-2021, 09:20 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: His physicality is the one thing that I believe separates him from the likes of Devonte Smith and the other top prospects at WR.  He has the speed, route running, etc. but his physical strength is downright impressive for a WR.  

His 23 reps of 225 lbs on the bench, 11' broad jump, and 42" vertical adds up to an explosiveness score of 75. Combined with a 40 yard dash of 4.38 and a short shuttle in 3.99 and you have a certified freak.  

All of those things are mighty impressive on paper, but Chase has broken records at every level in which he has competed.  20 TEs and 20 YPR when he was 19 years old in the SEC?  Just crazy.  And his mindset is that he will do it in the NFL....break records, that is. 

I am so thrilled that he is back with Burrow and the Bengals already have a solid stable of WRs with Higgins and Boyd, but with Chase the unit could be elite.  I can't wait to watch them.  

Yep, we finally have a top tier QB throwing to a phenomenal #1 WR and a top tier receiving corps, and people still are complaining we didn't draft a tackle instead. I get wanting Sewell, I would have loved to have had him too, but Chase is going to make a bigger difference.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2021, 07:21 PM)Go Cards Wrote:  Have always wanted an O-lineman or elite pass rusher with the first pick and have been livid every time a WR was drafted in 1st by Bengals except for AJ Green and now Chase. 

Do truly believe he is the real freakin deal.  

Still wanted Sewell yet understand the allure to bring Chase into the fold. Especially since or franchise QB wanted him desperately. 

Will be interesting to see if Chase and Carman turn out to be better than Sewell and whatever 2nd rd WR they could have taken (Marshall, Moore, etc).

Marshall fell due to past injury concerns, but his familiarity with Joe Brady had the Panthers willing to take a chance on him.
I know a lot of people on here (myself included) liked Marshall as a 2nd round pick.

Taking a tangent now - I think if Taylor doesn't get this team (and especially offense) where it needs to be this year, it wouldn't surprise me to see the Bengals bring Joe Brady in as HC next year and also have him call offensive plays. Brady is set up to be the successor with Burrow, Chase, and Moss all here.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-20-2021, 09:20 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: His physicality is the one thing that I believe separates him from the likes of Devonte Smith and the other top prospects at WR.  He has the speed, route running, etc. but his physical strength is downright impressive for a WR.  

Yeah, he welcomes contact. Loves to get in the Corner's grill and manhandle them.

If you are a Corner, he is the type of WR you don't like to play...
Reply/Quote
Should be exciting to watch this WR group as long as the OL gives Burrow enough time to get the ball out. The best WR group they've had since 2006-2007.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 03:56 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Should be exciting to watch this WR group as long as the OL gives Burrow enough time to get the ball out. The best WR group they've had since 2006-2007.

One thing about this offensive line group is the veterans with history of solid pass protection. 

Riley Reiff, Quinton Spain, and Trey Hopkins all have a had great numbers in pass protection. (Quinton Spain's took a dive in 2020 with good reason. Wouldnt be a surprise if they go back his norm.) Jonah Williams in his first year playing had some ups in downs but was solid overall. Jackson Carman will be the only rookie and he comes into the NFL with great numbers in pass protection efficiency. 

It's still the run blocking that is the big question mark.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-20-2021, 10:55 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yep, we finally have a top tier QB throwing to a phenomenal #1 WR and a top tier receiving corps, and people still are complaining we didn't draft a tackle instead. I get wanting Sewell, I would have loved to have had him too, but Chase is going to make a bigger difference.

No doubt.  Long term, Sewell may pay off much more than Reiff, but I would be surprised if he outplays him as a rookie.  So, one way of looking at it, is they did get the tackle AND the stud WR.  
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 03:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, he welcomes contact. Loves to get in the Corner's grill and manhandle them.

If you are a Corner, he is the type of WR you don't like to play...

I wish I could be at the stadium for the first time he plants a steeler DB.  I think that place would erupt.  
Reply/Quote
Good chase article on ESPN

https://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/33215/technician-jamarr-chase-could-be-playmaker-bengals-joe-burrow-need

Particularly liked this part:

“One film session before the pivotal 2019 season was evident of that approach. According to Chase, he and Burrow sat down for a film session to analyze a particular defensive back.

Burrow started to point out the defender’s negative attributes and how he was getting beat.

“Once he showed me stuff like that, I started asking him questions about what I should look for when I'm watching film and he told me those things,” Chase said.“
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 04:27 PM)Synric Wrote: One thing about this offensive line group is the veterans with history of solid pass protection. 

Riley Reiff, Quinton Spain, and Trey Hopkins all have a had great numbers in pass protection. (Quinton Spain's took a dive in 2020 with good reason. Wouldnt be a surprise if they go back his norm.) Jonah Williams in his first year playing had some ups in downs but was solid overall. Jackson Carman will be the only rookie and he comes into the NFL with great numbers in pass protection efficiency. 

It's still the run blocking that is the big question mark.

Very, very true. We will see how we run block. Mellow
Reply/Quote