Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ja'Marr Chase Wins NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year
https://www.bengals.com/news/ja-marr-chase-named-2021-pfwa-offensive-rookie-of-the-year-mcpherson-all-rookie-

Quote:Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Ja'Marr Chase was named 2021 Offensive Rookie of the Year by the Professional Football Writers of America (PFWA). Chase is the first Cincinnati player to be selected Offensive Rookie of the Year by the PFWA.

Kicker Evan McPherson was also honored by the PFWA earning an All-Rookie special teams selection.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Dunno if the PFWA award is the same as the NFL award. Don't think so? Anyway good deal, clearly deserved.
Reply/Quote
I thought they were the same, but like a man in orthopedic footwear, I stand corrected.
Reply/Quote
That's not the same award, the NFL honors is in February
Reply/Quote
Sweet, no matter what it is.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 04:39 PM)Earendil Wrote: https://www.bengals.com/news/ja-marr-chase-named-2021-pfwa-offensive-rookie-of-the-year-mcpherson-all-rookie-

Well, he did break all kinds of records.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 05:30 PM)Trademark Wrote: That's not the same award, the NFL honors is in February

May as well win em both...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 05:30 PM)Trademark Wrote: That's not the same award, the NFL honors is in February

I think thats on the 6th, correct?

(01-25-2022, 05:36 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Sweet, no matter what it is.

Yes it is.

(01-25-2022, 05:46 PM)jason Wrote: May as well win em both...

Rock On
Reply/Quote
Even though it's not the "official" award, looking back through the archives, the only year since 2000 where the AP award did not go to the same person as the PFWA award was 2016 when the AP award went to Dak Prescott and the PFWA award went to Ezekiel Elliot.

So I think this bodes well for Ja'Marr's chances.

EDIT: In 2017, the PFWA awarded it to two players, Kareem Hunt and Alvin Kamara.
Reply/Quote
Make sure you go vote for the REAL rookie of the year award. The Pepsi rookie of the year:

https://www.nfl.com/voting/rookies/rookie-of-the-year
Reply/Quote
Well deserved even if not the official award.

Kudos to him !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Throw it on the pile with the rest of them. :D

Reply/Quote
First in the long list of accolades this kid will earn in his career.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 06:21 PM)wcu Wrote: Make sure you go vote for the REAL rookie of the year award.  The Pepsi rookie of the year:

https://www.nfl.com/voting/rookies/rookie-of-the-year

Just did, Chase is at 47% and Parsons at 42% right now. Close as it should be, both had great rookie seasons.
Reply/Quote
He can tuck it behind the Lombardi. Yup, I went there!
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 11:07 PM)Destro Wrote: He can tuck it behind the Lombardi. Yup, I went there!

It's a shame they are going to have to fire Zac after he wins the Super Bowl. Tongue
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 12:44 AM)Earendil Wrote: It's a shame they are going to have to fire Zac after he wins the Super Bowl. Tongue

His replacement will get them back there Who Dey
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
I thought both of our previous Super Bowl teams had Rookies of the Year, but I was wrong. In fact neither Cris Collinsworth nor Icky Woods was rookie of the year.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 05:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I thought both of our previous Super Bowl teams had Rookies of the Year, but I was wrong.  In fact neither Cris Collinsworth nor Icky Woods was rookie of the year.

Ickey was the Co-Winner of the PFWA award. The only Bengals to win the AP Offensive Rookie of the Year are Eddie Brown (1985) and Carl Pickens (1992). No Bengals player has ever won the AP Defensive Rookie of the Year.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 05:59 PM)Earendil Wrote: Ickey was the Co-Winner of the PFWA award. The only Bengals to win the AP Offensive Rookie of the Year are Eddie Brown (1985) and Carl Pickens (1992). No Bengals player has ever won the AP Defensive Rookie of the Year.

Odell was pretty damn good his rookie year on D. He is about the only player on D I can think of that was close.
Reply/Quote