Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ja'Quan McMillian CB
East Carolina’s football program is losing one of the top players in college football, per Pro Football Focus’ metrics. The website released its top 101 players in the college game from this past season, with cornerback Ja'Quan McMillian coming in at No. 93 overall.

McMillian is behind nine other FBS cornerbacks total, despite his defensive and coverage grades ranked among the best in the country. According to PFF, McMillian earned an 88.5 defense grade, a 59.5 run defense grade, a 68.1 tackling grade, a 51.0 pass rushing grade, and a 91.1 coverage grade. McMillian’s overall coverage grade ranked No. 1 nationally among all FBS corners.

Here’s what PFF’s Anthony Treash wrote about McMillian in the article.

“McMillian earned an 88.5 PFF grade that ranked top three among FBS cornerbacks,” Treash wrote. “The corner finished with five interceptions, eight pass breakups and 13 passing stops. Most of his work came from off-zone coverage, where he earned a 90.1 coverage grade, second in the FBS.”

Despite playing outside cornerback during his time at ECU, McMillian profiles best as a slot corner in the NFL due to his size. He will likely be a mid- to late-round draft pick as a result.

Remember this kids name. I like him a lot.
Reply/Quote
McMillian sure sounds good and those PFF numbers cannot lie when they are that good, he is good.

The part about him being a Slot Corner is what made me think he doesn't fit. What size is he is the question must not be a
long Corner for them to say that. We have Hilton as our Slot Corner who in my opinion is the best in the NFL. Would like this
guy if he has enough size to play boundary Corner like Andrew Booth can out of Clemson.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 10:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: McMillian sure sounds good and those PFF numbers cannot lie when they are that good, he is good.

The part about him being a Slot Corner is what made me think he doesn't fit. What size is he is the question must not be a
long Corner for them to say that. We have Hilton as our Slot Corner who in my opinion is the best in the NFL. Would like this
guy if he has enough size to play boundary Corner like Andrew Booth can out of Clemson.
he's 5'10   183 and chisled like Hilton. If he could add about 10-12 lbs I think he could play outside.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 12:41 AM)pulses Wrote: he's 5'10   183 and chisled like Hilton. If he could add about 10-12 lbs I think he could play outside.

That is a little on the small side only being 183 pounds. Might be the reason he falls along with the fact he comes from a
smaller school and went against lower competition than the other top Corners. For drafting this guy in the 4th round or so.
Reply/Quote
Ja'Quan McMillian sounds like Key & Peele name.

If he plays well, I'm sure McMillian will make millions.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 06:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is a little on the small side only being 183 pounds. Might be the reason he falls along with the fact he comes from a
smaller school and went against lower competition than the other top Corners. For drafting this guy in the 4th round or so.

Only highlights I could find these are from 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHgwrlk3BbM
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 08:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Ja'Quan McMillian sounds like Key & Peele name.

I definitely agree look at the CB for the seahawks whose 5'9 and playing outside.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 08:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Ja'Quan McMillian sounds like Key & Peele name.

Lol, it is such a Key & Peele name...
Reply/Quote

I'm just disappointed you didn't say it as "McMillian will make McMillions."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 12:14 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: I'm just disappointed you didn't say it as "McMillian will make McMillions."

I thought about it. LOL

Guess it will go down as a missed opportunity, much like our Super Bowl.

Too soon?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 03:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I thought about it. LOL

Guess it will go down as a missed opportunity, much like our Super Bowl.

Too soon?

Oof. Way too soon for me. You're still a good dude though.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 03:17 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Oof. Way too soon for me. You're still a good dude though.

I've just been reminding myself that this team is extremely young and Tom Brady is retired.

We *should* have a lot of opportunities. A good draft will help.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 03:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I've just been reminding myself that this team is extremely young and Tom Brady is retired.

We *should* have a lot of opportunities. A good draft will help.

That's my approach as well and I also try to not let Mahomes and Allen creep into my thoughts since they are talented AFC QBs and their careers will coincide with Burrow's career.

I also try to ignore that future HoF QBs like Brees and Rodgers only got one shot at the Super Bowl (they won, our elite QB didn't...). Okay, too soon for sure. I blame you for my negative thinking.  Hilarious

Go sim the '22 season for me on Tecmo Bowl and tell me we won it all.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 03:30 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: That's my approach as well and I also try to not let Mahomes and Allen creep into my thoughts since they are talented AFC QBs and their careers will coincide with Burrow's career.

I also try to ignore that future HoF QBs like Brees and Rodgers only got one shot at the Super Bowl (they won, our elite QB didn't...). Okay, too soon for sure. I blame you for my negative thinking.  Hilarious

Go sim the '22 season for me on Tecmo Bowl and tell me we won it all.

I'm less worried about Mahomes, Allen and Herbert than Brady. Mainly because none of those organizations are as good as the Patriots. The Chiefs have only had a sustained stretch of excellence thanks to Andy Reid, who is now 63 years old.

Also, none of those guys are married to a filthy rich model and are willing to take less money to keep a great roster. Same goes for Burrow, but we've got a couple years before that's a problem, and even when it is, we'll just be on equal footing with those teams. Unlike the Pats.

On the Tecmo thing, I have an admission. I was resetting the games if they weren't going our way. I screwed up on the Rams though. Was multi tasking and not paying attention. Looked up and we'd lost before I reset. The results I posted were from game #2.

So the loss is all on me. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 03:55 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: On the Tecmo thing, I have an admission. I was resetting the games if they weren't going our way. I screwed up on the Rams though. Was multi tasking and not paying attention. Looked up and we'd lost before I reset. The results I posted were from game #2.

So the loss is all on me. Mellow

I mean, this might be a strong case for negative forum rep? 

LMAO Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 03:55 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm less worried about Mahomes, Allen and Herbert than Brady. Mainly because none of those organizations are as good as the Patriots. The Chiefs have only had a sustained stretch of excellence thanks to Andy Reid, who is now 63 years old.

Also, none of those guys are married to a filthy rich model and are willing to take less money to keep a great roster. Same goes for Burrow, but we've got a couple years before that's a problem, and even when it is, we'll just be on equal footing with those teams. Unlike the Pats.

Agree, none of the QB's now scare me after we handled Mahomes twice. Brady would of been the question thank God he retired.

Plus with Mahomes contract they will have holes else where. I don't think we will face a better Chiefs roster than what we swept 
this year. Allen is damn good and probably the guy that scares me the most but still think we can beat the Bills as long as we get 
our OL fixed which I am sure we will. We nearly came back from 24-0 against Herbert and the Chargers after one of the most 
disastrous starts I have ever seen a team have. All are beatable and I like Burrow and his killer instinct more than all of them.
Reply/Quote