Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ja'Tavion Sanders TE- Texas!
I've been preaching for Bowers but I'm starting to doubt we'll have a chance to take him, but, if we can land Sanders, I'd be just as happy!

I was leaning towards Stover because I'm an OSU guy, but I took off my Buckeye colored glasses and now I want Sanders.

At 6'4, 243, he's taller than Bowers, same weight, but might not be as fast.

Dude is a playmaker:

[video=youtube][/video]

He didn't drop a single pass in 2023 and catches the ball in traffic. Great concentration. He's a great athlete and he's fast in the open field. He'd be a hell of a mismatch for backers and would occupy safeties. 

We'd most likely have to take him in the second, which I have us taking Sweat in the second because that's a big need, so trade Tee to the Pats for pick 35(?) and then our offense is scary!

I'm on the Sanders train!
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 06:35 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I've been preaching for Bowers but I'm starting to doubt we'll have a chance to take him, but, if we can land Sanders, I'd be just as happy!

I was leaning towards Stover because I'm an OSU guy, but I took off my Buckeye colored glasses and now I want Sanders.

At 6'4, 243, he's taller than Bowers, same weight, but might not be as fast.

Dude is a playmaker:

[video=youtube][/video]

He didn't drop a single pass in 2023 and catches the ball in traffic. Great concentration. He's a great athlete and he's fast in the open field. He'd be a hell of a mismatch for backers and would occupy safeties. 

We'd most likely have to take him in the second, which I have us taking Sweat in the second because that's a big need, so trade Tee to the Pats for pick 35(?) and then our offense is scary!

I'm on the Sanders train!

Only three TE's I am high on are Bowers, Sanders, and Sinnott after a poster turned me onto Sinnott in a thread about the Bengals and FB's.

Sanders is third on the list due to Sinnott's versatility, in my book.

Good call out though!
Reply/Quote
Not at 18 though, at least not for me, but the Bengals wanted Kincaid and just brought in Gesicki and these are all the same
type of TE's. I like Ben Sinnott as Rugby said here the most and he can probably be had in the 3rd round. I like what Sinnott
brings, he can play TE/FB/HB and WR is one heck of a blocker, can catch and run with good size. Sinnott is also clutch.

For me, if Bowers is gone I hope for Ben Sinnott whenever. All I know is the board would shit themselves if we took Ja'Tavion
Sanders at 18.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 07:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Not at 18 though, at least not for me, but the Bengals wanted Kincaid and just brought in Gesicki and these are all the same
type of TE's. I like Ben Sinnott as Rugby said here the most and he can probably be had in the 3rd round. I like what Sinnott
brings, he can play TE/FB/HB and WR is one heck of a blocker, can catch and run with good size. Sinnott is also clutch.

For me, if Bowers is gone I hope for Ben Sinnott whenever. All I know is the board would shit themselves if we took Ja'Tavion
Sanders at 18.

Not as much a bedshitting as Sample in the second...
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 07:51 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: Not as much a bedshitting as Sample in the second...

That was rough alright.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 07:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That was rough alright.  Mellow

I would still happily clean the bed and tell no one...

Ninja

Sold on Sinnott! 
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 07:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Not at 18 though, at least not for me, but the Bengals wanted Kincaid and just brought in Gesicki and these are all the same

Sanders at 18.

After his workout, Sanders is potentially a 3rd rounder.

https://ras.football/ras-information/?PlayerID=17320&ovl=Combine
Reply/Quote

Sanders at 18.

I definitely know we wouldn’t take it him at 18 and I think we need to take Sweat in the second, so that’s why I recommended trading Higgins to the Pats for pick 35(?).

You are freaking me out Nate! I had to go reread my post to make sure I didn’t recommend taking him at 18! You can’t mess with brain damaged people like that!

:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

Might even be able to trade back again and still grab him, while adding a pick or picks.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 08:58 PM)CJD Wrote: After his workout, Sanders is potentially a 3rd rounder.

https://ras.football/ras-information/?PlayerID=17320&ovl=Combine

Okay, that's cool. Just don't want Sanders too early, I heard of him mentioned as a first rounder a couple months ago.

(04-05-2024, 09:23 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I definitely know we wouldn’t take it him at 18 and I think we need to take Sweat in the second, so that’s why I recommended trading Higgins to the Pats for pick 35(?).

You are freaking me out Nate! I had to go reread my post to make sure I didn’t recommend taking him at 18! You can’t mess with brain damaged people like that!

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

Might even be able to trade back again and still grab him, while adding a pick or picks.

Sorry Brad for freakin' you out man. LOL

I am for Sanders in the 3rd or after, I just took as you thought Bowers would be gone so you wanted another TE at 18.

Glad I misunderstood lol
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2024, 08:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Okay, that's cool. Just don't want Sanders too early, I heard of him mentioned as a first rounder a couple months ago.

Sorry Brad for freakin' you out man. LOL

I am for Sanders in the 3rd or after, I just took as you thought Bowers would be gone so you wanted another TE at 18.

Glad I misunderstood lol

I'm just praying we get him, Bowers, or even Cade Stover because we definitely need a receiving tight end and, outside of those three, no one in this class excites me too much.

Like I keep saying, I think a receiving tight end from this draft will make our offense pretty unstoppable because Burrow's first read can be to the tight end, even if he's not technically his first choice, and it holds the safeties and backers, which then you go to Chase on the outside, and he's likely single covered, or Higgins or whoever is in our slot is single covered and I'll take those matchups any day of the week and twice on Sunday. 

It doesn't really change that much for zone because a defender has to guard an area and they obviously have to move to cover receivers in their area because Burrow has a decent (Hilarious) arm!
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2024, 02:19 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'm just praying we get him, Bowers, or even Cade Stover because we definitely need a receiving tight end and, outside of those three, no one in this class excites me too much.

Like I keep saying, I think a receiving tight end from this draft will make our offense pretty unstoppable because Burrow's first read can be to the tight end, even if he's not technically his first choice, and it holds the safeties and backers, which then you go to Chase on the outside, and he's likely single covered, or Higgins or whoever is in our slot is single covered and I'll take those matchups any day of the week and twice on Sunday. 

It doesn't really change that much for zone because a defender has to guard an area and they obviously have to move to cover receivers in their area because Burrow has a decent (Hilarious) arm!

I don't find Stover to be any more of a Receiver than Ben Sinnott or Theo Johnson. Quite a few options for the TE you are looking for honestly.

It would be really nice if we had a TE in here as a real weapon for the first time since Eifert. Pitcher said essentially the same thing, the reason 
we are so WR heavy is they are our best weapons on Offense. If we had a playmaking TE we would use him which is why we went and got Mike
Gesicki. If we don't draft one of the TE's mentioned here just watch Gesicki have a monster year if he stays healthy.

That would kind of suck though as he would probably be going somewhere else after a big year and I don't know what the TE class looks like 
next year. The one thing the Chiefs have I am jealous of has been Travis Kelce who I hope falls off this year after showing signs. The best TE in
the league is cheaper than the #2 WR's now a days. That is a major point to emphasize on.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2024, 03:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't find Stover to be any more of a Receiver than Ben Sinnott or Theo Johnson. Quite a few options for the TE you are looking for honestly.

It would be really nice if we had a TE in here as a real weapon for the first time since Eifert. Pitcher said essentially the same thing, the reason 
we are so WR heavy is they are our best weapons on Offense. If we had a playmaking TE we would use him which is why we went and got Mike
Gesicki. If we don't draft one of the TE's mentioned here just watch Gesicki have a monster year if he stays healthy.

That would kind of suck though as he would probably be going somewhere else after a big year and I don't know what the TE class looks like 
next year. The one thing the Chiefs have I am jealous of has been Travis Kelce who I hope falls off this year after showing signs. The best TE in
the league is cheaper than the #2 WR's now a days. That is a major point to emphasize on.
I’ve honestly lost interest in Stover recently but figured he’s better than what we have (besides for Gesicki, who might only be here one year) or anything we can get in next year’s draft class.

We could use a lot of 12 personnel if we get another quality tight end, especially if we end up trading Higgins and draft a TE worthwhile.

I’ve seen that Johnson might need time to develop and I want a guy to make an immediate impact. I like Sinnot and think he’d fit well into this division.
Reply/Quote
Sinnott or Johnson late. We can re-sign Wilcox for another solid blocker if we need one. I can see a TE not getting selected this draft. Only one that should give them pause is Bowers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 07:09 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: Only three TE's I am high on are Bowers, Sanders, and Sinnott after a poster turned me onto Sinnott in a thread about the Bengals and FB's.

Sanders is third on the list due to Sinnott's versatility, in my book.

Good call out though!

I have 2 favorites and they would be later rounds.

I think Tanner McLachlan from AZ is a stud. Exact same measurables as Kelce. Same 40, etc. Big. Can block, run, and catch.

The kid from Colorado State is also a badass. Like him a lot, too.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't get your hopes up on a TE. Maybe start combing the comp pick in round 3 - round 7 bargain bin.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2024, 10:35 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I have 2 favorites and they would be later rounds.

I think Tanner McLachlan from AZ is a stud. Exact same measurables as Kelce. Same 40, etc. Big. Can block, run, and catch.

The kid from Colorado State is also a badass. Like him a lot, too.

Thanks for the new thought in Mclachlan from Zona PDub. Will have to look him up.

What is Colorado State's TE's name again?
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2024, 01:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks for the new thought in Mclachlan from Zona PDub. Will have to look him up.

Dallin Holker, I believe.

Also, if you haven't gone through it at all over the past few draft seasons, the NFL has an AMAZING micro-website for looking through prospects and having rankings/gradings on them. This site is immensely helpful as a sort of way to compare value, traits, and some light measurables on each draft prospect & positional rankings. The NFL has these for drafts even going back to AJ Green if you want to go look up how guys were viewed, ranked, slotted, etc. 

Here is a link.... https://www.nfl.com/combine/tracker/participants/

I poke around through this and read stuff quite a bit leading up to and after the draft!
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2024, 12:02 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I wouldn't get your hopes up on a TE.  Maybe start combing the comp pick in round 3 - round 7 bargain bin.
You don't think we'd want a tight end early that can hold safeties from doubling Chase and keep backers out of the passing lanes? 

A tight end like Bowers or Sanders would be Burrow's best friend behind Chase.
(04-09-2024, 01:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks for the new thought in Mclachlan from Zona PDub. Will have to look him up.

Holker maybe?

I remember looking at back when I first was looking at tight ends and he came off as too much of a receiver-type build and player. I know the league values tight ends as more receivers now, but I just mean that he didn't come off as overly physical or a guy that can be dominant over the middle. He does have great hands but I just want our tight end as more of a physical presence because, even in this changing league, that still seems important to our division.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2024, 02:16 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You don't think we'd want a tight end early that can hold safeties from doubling Chase and keep backers out of the passing lanes? 

A tight end like Bowers or Sanders would be Burrow's best friend behind Chase.

Holker maybe?

I remember looking at back when I first was looking at tight ends and he came off as too much of a receiver-type build and player. I know the league values tight ends as more receivers now, but I just mean that he didn't come off as overly physical or a guy that can be dominant over the middle. He does have great hands but I just want our tight end as more of a physical presence because, even in this changing league, that still seems important to our division.

Early?  No.  Maybe they go with an athletic pass catching type in round 3-7
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2024, 02:52 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Early?  No.  Maybe they go with an athletic pass catching type in round 3-7

You think they'd get a guy in rounds 3-7 that could do what Sanders or Bowers can do and make as big a difference?

Bowers or Sanders would completely change the way defenses play us.

Stover's also good but not on the level of Sanders and Bowers. 
Reply/Quote