Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ja'Tavion Sanders TE- Texas!
(04-09-2024, 02:14 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Dallin Holker, I believe.

Also, if you haven't gone through it at all over the past few draft seasons, the NFL has an AMAZING micro-website for looking through prospects and having rankings/gradings on them. This site is immensely helpful as a sort of way to compare value, traits, and some light measurables on each draft prospect & positional rankings. The NFL has these for drafts even going back to AJ Green if you want to go look up how guys were viewed, ranked, slotted, etc. 

Here is a link.... https://www.nfl.com/combine/tracker/participants/

I poke around through this and read stuff quite a bit leading up to and after the draft!

Ah, Holker, I forget which one of the smaller schools he was on sometimes, Colorado State it is. But yeah, he was leading the Nation in 
receiving yards for a TE at some point last year. Thanks for the link PDub, will check it out. Cool

(04-09-2024, 02:16 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Holker maybe?

I remember looking at back when I first was looking at tight ends and he came off as too much of a receiver-type build and player. I know the league values tight ends as more receivers now, but I just mean that he didn't come off as overly physical or a guy that can be dominant over the middle. He does have great hands but I just want our tight end as more of a physical presence because, even in this changing league, that still seems important to our division.

Too much of a Receiver type for you is saying something lol

Yeah, Holker isn't imposing, but you cannot teach his skillset.

(04-09-2024, 02:52 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Early?  No.  Maybe they go with an athletic pass catching type in round 3-7

3rd or 4th rounds are just fine with me for a TE and RB. Should be some good ones in this range.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2024, 03:32 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You think they'd get a guy in rounds 3-7 that could do what Sanders or Bowers can do and make as big a difference?

Bowers or Sanders would completely change the way defenses play us.

Stover's also good but not on the level of Sanders and Bowers. 

100%.  Zac isn't changing the way he calls plays or the scheme because we have Bowers (Sanders is a nice prospect, but nowhere near Bowers).

Neither would change the way defenses play us.  Give me an athletic guy that can threaten defenses enough to keep them honest and it will have the same effect of Bowers.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2024, 03:32 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You think they'd get a guy in rounds 3-7 that could do what Sanders or Bowers can do and make as big a difference?

Bowers or Sanders would completely change the way defenses play us.

Stover's also good but not on the level of Sanders and Bowers. 

I guess I should make myself clear though - if Bowers was there at 18 I would take him over anyone else that would be realistically there.  I would also hope that we would adjust things to get him involved.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2024, 04:34 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: 100%.  Zac isn't changing the way he calls plays or the scheme because we have Bowers (Sanders is a nice prospect, but nowhere near Bowers).

Neither would change the way defenses play us.  Give me an athletic guy that can threaten defenses enough to keep them honest and it will have the same effect of Bowers.

(04-09-2024, 07:57 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I guess I should make myself clear though - if Bowers was there at 18 I would take him over anyone else that would be realistically there.  I would also hope that we would adjust things to get him involved.

I can't imagine that Zac wouldn't change the way he calls plays or that Burrow wouldn't be in his ear telling him that we need to incorporate either guy into the offense more. 

Even if Burrow just looks at the tight end as his first read sometimes, even if it's not his first true option, they'd have to know that it would hold the safeties in the backers from being in the throwing lanes on the outside/over top/doubling Chase.

Chase isn't Marvin and I believe that he'd adapt, especially since he'd have so much influence in drafting Bowers.
Reply/Quote
Ohhh the tight end people lmao
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2024, 09:07 AM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: Ohhh the tight end people lmao

Troll much? You seem to dump on anyone’s posts that don’t jive with you own. All the while expecting us to take what you say as holy gospel.

Below us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2024, 09:06 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I can't imagine that Zac wouldn't change the way he calls plays or that Burrow wouldn't be in his ear telling him that we need to incorporate either guy into the offense more. 

Even if Burrow just looks at the tight end as his first read sometimes, even if it's not his first true option, they'd have to know that it would hold the safeties in the backers from being in the throwing lanes on the outside/over top/doubling Chase.

Chase isn't Marvin and I believe that he'd adapt, especially since he'd have so much influence in drafting Bowers.

I really don't think the play calling would change that much.  I also think that a guy like Sinnot or Johnson later on would accomplish the same thing that Bowers would.  Both are really strong athletes that defenses would have to respect.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2024, 02:34 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I really don't think the play calling would change that much.  I also think that a guy like Sinnot or Johnson later on would accomplish the same thing that Bowers would.  Both are really strong athletes that defenses would have to respect.

You think we wouldn't utilize a weapon like Bowers or Sanders? What are you basing that on?

This isn't the days of Marvin and Bratkowski where we don't play to the strengths of the team.

I promise you that Zac is smarter than the both of us and he'd realize how much utilizing Bowers or Sanders would benefit our team.

Not only Zac, but also Burrow. He's not going to just continue to let Zac ignore a receiving tight of the caliber of Sanders or Bowers.

When we have even had decent talent at tight end, we have used them, especially in the postseason, when we had Hurst and CJ, so you don't think Burrow and Zac will find a way to use guys like Sanders or Bowers who are WAY more talented?
Reply/Quote