Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Ja'maar Chase sets rookie single game record
(01-02-2022, 09:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s only 21…

Look at the other top WR’s around the league (Adams, Kupp, Hill, etc) those guys are all 29/28/27.

Of course he can get even better.

He has  IIRC: 

1) The single game Bengals record for yards (266 vs Chiefs) 
2) The single season Bengals rookie record for yards (1,429)
3) The single season Bengals rookie TD record (13)  
4) The single season Bengals rookie record for receptions (68)
5) Only Bengals rookie ever with 2 200 yard games in a season
6) Is 11 yards shy of the Bengals record for receiving yards in a season
7) 13 receiving TDs in a year is tied for 2nd all-time in Bengals history with Eifert (Pickens 17)

Did I miss one? 
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 10:08 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: He has  IIRC: 

1) The single game Bengals record for yards (266 vs Chiefs) 
2) The single season Bengals rookie record for yards (1,429)
3) The single season Bengals rookie TD record (13)  
4) The single season Bengals rookie record for receptions (68)
5) Only Bengals rookie ever with 2 200 yard games in a season
6) Is 11 yards shy of the Bengals record for receiving yards in a season
7) 13 receiving TDs in a year is tied for 2nd all-time in Bengals history with Eifert (Pickens 17)

Did I miss one? 

*79 receptions
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 09:41 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I hear the guys on TV say “he’s a rookie so he’s only going to get better”.
That can’t be true can it?  I hope somehow he can but after today I am not sure it’s possible for him to get better.

The drops can be cleaned up.  He's also been poor in contested catch situations up until this game, but was great today in that area.  He'll become a more nuanced route runner as he develops, too.  

But that first TD today was special.  He cuts back towards the pursuit that is running full speed then out accelerates everyone to get to the end zone.  
Reply/Quote
One more thing on Chase/Burrow. Most of the top QBs in the league have thrown around 100 more passes than Joe has. Lots of reasons. Shaky O-line. Protecting the knee early. But they both would have more yards with more attempts.

Coming into today:

Brady 632
Herbert 577
Carr 559
Stafford 534
Mahomes 579
Burrow 481
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 10:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: *79 receptions

Oops.  Good catch. That was before today. 
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 10:08 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Did I miss one? 

Everyone is missing the BIGGEST one.

NFL Rookie Single Season receiving yards....1429

Broke the record set by his ex-LSU teammate Justin Jefferson last year (1400 yds)
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:36 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Everyone is missing the BIGGEST one.

Broke the record set by his ex-LSU teammate Justin Jefferson last year (1400 yds)

I just looked this up,, because I knew he was close... You beat me to it... He's gonna hit 1500 if he plays Sunday...
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:36 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Everyone is missing the BIGGEST one.

There is an AFL player who had more,  Bill Groman (from Tiffin, OH) had 1,473 yards as a rookie for the 1960 AFL Houston Oilers.  

Chase could break that next week. 
Reply/Quote
A picture is worth a thousand words…

[Image: FIJd8rqXIAMhFTk?format=jpg&name=medium]

Reply/Quote
According to Next Gen Stats - Chase reached 21.74 MPH on that play. Fastest of the season for a Bengal ball carrier.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 09:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Now just do what it takes to get Stingley Jr. in the draft. Tigers becoming Bengals is looking good..

Uhhhh......Jeremy Hill
Just sayin.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 07:56 AM)dr tarzan Wrote: Uhhhh......Jeremy Hill
Just sayin.

I counter with Andrew Whitworth…

LSU has treated their NFL Bengal brothers very well over the years.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 09:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Now just do what it takes to get Stingley Jr. in the draft. Tigers becoming Bengals is looking good..

I think ‘whatever it takes’ for this one would end up being a ton of draft capital. He’s gonna be the first CB taken…top 10, maybe top 5.

No way he slips to the Bengals @ 32.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 07:06 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: According to Next Gen Stats - Chase reached 21.74 MPH on that play. Fastest of the season for a Bengal ball carrier.

And the way he runs doesn't even look like he's running at his fastest...

(01-03-2022, 07:56 AM)dr tarzan Wrote: Uhhhh......Jeremy Hill
Just sayin.

Jeremy Hill had 29 (RUSHING) TDs in 3 seasons. That's better than:

- Dillon
- Brooks
- Robinson

Ever did with us. Only Rudi (36) and Pete Johnson (33) had more in a 3 year span and PJ played in an era where running backs had a ton more tread on their tires.

He left in a terrible slump and attitude and he had the fumble, but he was a quality player for us, the fumble aside.

(01-03-2022, 08:08 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I counter with Andrew Whitworth…

LSU has treated their NFL Bengal brothers very well over the years.

1. White Graves (who?)
2. Tommy Casanova
3. Bo Harris
4. Charles Alexander (drafted in 1979, the last LSU pick until...)
5. Mark Roman
6. Whitworth
7. Bennie Brazell
8. Hill
9. James Wright
10. Burrow
11. Chase
12. Shelvin

And for UDFAs, we've had:

- Nate Livings (as much as people hate him, he wasn't a bad player in the slightest. He was better than XSF and Adeniji)
- Moss
- Skyler Green
- Ben Wilkerson

All but Moss contributed in some way (positively) to the team.

They absolutely have been good for the team, but yeah, we're not getting Stingley. We're most-likely not getting Sauce either :'(
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Chase their is no chase touchdown Bengals I cant get that call out of my head nearly 20 hours later
Reply/Quote
Why in the world did the Ja'Marr Chase super thread just close a day after one of the best individual Bengal, if not the best, performances of all time? Why can't we continue to brag on our guy?
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 12:25 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Why in the world did the Ja'Marr Chase super thread just close a day after one of the best individual Bengal, if not the best, performances of all time? Why can't we continue to brag on our guy?

We can't make everyone happy. Multiple people questioned why it was allowed to continue. Mods were accused of encouraging Chase/Sewell debate by leaving it there.

We close it, and we're accused of not supporting Chase. We can't win. Not that anyone cares.

Just because we don't have a pinned super thread doesn't mean you can't support Chase. We have multiple Chase threads open as we speak. The super thread was redundant and nobody else on the team has their own mega thread, including our superstar QB.

Also, let's not forget the origins of that thread. It was (and at times still is) a Chase/Sewell debate thread. We want to FINALLY and mercifully move on from that mess.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Chase Continues to Save this Team.... Hopefully hes around for a long time
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 03:22 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We can't make everyone happy. Multiple people questioned why it was allowed to continue. Mods were accused of encouraging Chase/Sewell debate by leaving it there.

We close it, and we're accused of not supporting Chase. We can't win. Not that anyone cares.

Just because we don't have a pinned super thread doesn't mean you can't support Chase. We have multiple Chase threads open as we speak. The super thread was redundant and nobody else on the team has their own mega thread, including our superstar QB.

Also, let's not forget the origins of that thread. It was (and at times still is) a Chase/Sewell debate thread. We want to FINALLY and mercifully move on from that mess.

Props and thank you for being a good mod squad! Don't sweat the small stuff like this.
Reply/Quote