Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jack Del Rio 50/50 Chance of Returning to Raiders
https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2750794-jack-del-rio-reportedly-has-50-50-chance-of-returning-as-raiders-coach.amp.html

I know, I know. Another head coach thread. What do you guys think of potentially signing him as our new head coach? He’s a lot more gutsy than Marvin, which can be a double edged sword. To me, anyone is better than bringing someone in with previous ties with the Bengals (Jay Gruden, Hue Jackson, internal promotions)
Season ticket holder since 2003. Lifetime Bengals fan, through thick and thin.
Reply/Quote
All these mediocre coaches shaking loose the offseason we need a HC. And what's worse, they have connections with Marvin. Maybe we shouldn't want Marvin in the front office this year. His bestie in Tampa Bay probably will be fired, and may become an option too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2017, 01:53 PM)Clep Wrote: https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2750794-jack-del-rio-reportedly-has-50-50-chance-of-returning-as-raiders-coach.amp.html

I know, I know. Another head coach thread. What do you guys think of potentially signing him as our new head coach? He’s a lot more gutsy than Marvin, which can be a double edged sword. To me, anyone is better than bringing someone in with previous ties with the Bengals (Jay Gruden, Hue Jackson, internal promotions)

Has he done anything to deserve a third chance?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
.503 win %
1-3 playoff record
12 seasons

Marvin Lewis 2.0
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2017, 06:29 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: .503 win %
1-3 playoff record
12 seasons

Marvin Lewis 2.0

That 1 though is an upgrade.  Hilarious

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2017, 09:51 PM)http://m.memegen.com/qnqrx7.jpg Wrote: That 1 though is an upgrade.  Hilarious

No kidding.

[Image: qnqrx7.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Jack D is better than anyone on our staff.....he isn't high on my list but def prefer him over a lot of people......
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Might be a good replacement for PG.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I think Del Rio.could be a upgrade over Paulie Guenther if he leaves
Del Rio could instIll a injection of discipline on this defense.
Straight up we need a new head coach that is a proven offensive mastermind Ala Todd Haley
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2017, 09:51 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: That 1 though is an upgrade.  Hilarious

Lol Jack Del Rio is the missing key to playoff glory.

(12-24-2017, 10:22 PM)corpjet Wrote: Jack D is better than anyone on our staff.....he isn't high on my list but def prefer him over a lot of people......

I'd take a microwaved turd sandwich over anyone on this staff. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2017, 06:29 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Marvin Lewis 2.0

^This times 1000
Reply/Quote
No way,only as a DC I remember how bad he looked as head coach . Here's some names I'm interested in. Shurmer , vrabel , Brian Kelly, Chris Peterson, patriot OC. Definitely not jay,hue,gunther for Simmons,or marv again. But I hope the new coach actually will try new players if something isn't working.
Reply/Quote
As Marvin said, and I quote, 'Do you know something I don't? ' 
I hate to keep saying it, but I have a nagging feeling, kind of like impending hemorrhoids that we're keeping Marvin for yet another season..maybe more. Next Sunday the Ravens will probably fold to insure that we're hung with him again. It's possible Marv has been eating bad food and due for a real stroke, but don't count on it. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I guess whenever I hear someone other than a Bengal or ex bengals coach as a potential candidate I get too excited
Season ticket holder since 2003. Lifetime Bengals fan, through thick and thin.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2017, 11:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Lol Jack Del Rio is the missing key to playoff glory.

I'd take a microwaved turd sandwich over anyone on this staff. 

I don't think it even needs microwaved...... Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Honestly, I'm not sure the Bengals will replace Marvin Lewis even though he lost the team forever on January 9, 2016. 
Reply/Quote