S MARQUISE BLAIR

UTAH

216: R6P41

RB BRYCE LOVE

STANFORD

225: R7P9

QB BUCKSHOT CALVERT

LIBERTY

I had to get out in front of a run on tackles, though Cajuste ended up there in the 2nd. Doubled up on linebackers, hopefully adding a good one in free agency will eliminate the need for 2 high lb picks. Edge rusher, hopefully goodbye Michael Johnson. From what I can remember Hurd had a good bowl game, hopefully goodbye Cody Core. With most of our picks in the later rounds, it's picking out needs just to fill spots. Cb I see us really needing Denard back. Drafted one here, it's a 6th so not expecting much. DL, I don't see him dethroning any of Atkins, Billings or Glasgow. Maybe the emergence of Ringo takes DL off the board? Safety, meh practice squad. RB Bryce Love fell of the face of the earth this year. I do think Gio Bernard is a cut candidate, for money reasons. Buckshot Calvert is a great name, can he be that much worse than Driskell?

Sent from my N9517 using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
I can get behind this.
Reply/Quote
First two picks are very solid in Williams and Mack and address two of our biggest needs. I agree that another Linebacker could be in play at some point but I am not a fan of Tre Lamar. He plays stiff and doesn't seem to have the speed and play recognition required for a middle linebacker in todays NFL.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd take it.

I don't see the need for 2 Linebackers. The team loves Vigil. He's not going anywhere.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2019, 02:28 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'd take it.

I don't see the need for 2 Linebackers.  The team loves Vigil.  He's not going anywhere.

To be fair, the OLD team did. We don't what the new coaches will think.
Regardless, you need two LBs, as two LBs are hitting FA (Rey and Brown).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2019, 04:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: To be fair, the OLD team did. We don't what the new coaches will think.
And with burfict being what he has become, we have vigil, and Malik Jefferson. Hardy Nickerson Jr doesn't count as a linebacker.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2019, 05:24 PM)Storer50 Wrote: And with burfict being what he has become, we have vigil, and Malik Jefferson. Hardy Nickerson Jr doesn't count as a linebacker.

If the Bengals tripled up on Linebacker and OL, I'd be ok with that.

Not sure Bryce Love will be available in the 6th round...especially after he runs in the 4.40 area in Indy.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2019, 12:26 AM)TrenchWarfare Wrote: If the Bengals tripled up on Linebacker and OL, I'd be ok with that.

Not sure Bryce Love will be available in the 6th round...especially after he runs in the 4.40 area in Indy.

I believe Bryce love suffered a knee before or during their bowl game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2019, 12:55 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I believe Bryce love suffered a knee before or during their bowl game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just checked. Torn acl. Wants to be drafted and do something at the combine.

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2019, 05:15 AM)Storer50 Wrote: Just checked. Torn acl. Wants to be drafted and do something at the combine.

Well that'd explain why some have him in 6th round and others in 2-3 rounds. 
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2019, 12:26 AM)TrenchWarfare Wrote: If the Bengals tripled up on Linebacker and OL, I'd be ok with that.

As long as the linebackers aren't early picks since there's only two on the field most of the time.

I would love to see a stud drafted in round 1 or 2.  The bottom line is that we need a guy that can cover.  Give me the best cover LB in the draft at some point and it would make a huge difference.
Reply/Quote
Or we could just live in draft Utopia's universe. Mock I just did using their board allowed us to get ed Oliver, Noah fant, and adderly. Along with mcgrary at tackle and the Ohio state receiver doing well at the senior bowl.

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2019, 12:51 AM)Storer50 Wrote: Or we could just live in draft Utopia's universe. Mock I just did using their board allowed us to get ed Oliver, Noah fant, and adderly. Along with mcgrary at tackle and the Ohio state receiver doing well at the senior bowl.  

Stranger things have happened.  Maualuga in 2 and MJ in 3 were huge shockers.  Willis in 3 and Lawson in 4.  Billings in 4.

I do like the original draft, though.  Jonah and Mack are very safe picks, imo.  I think both will have good long careers and they fill big needs.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2019, 02:13 PM)Whatever Wrote: Stranger things have happened.  Maualuga in 2 and MJ in 3 were huge shockers.  Willis in 3 and Lawson in 4.  Billings in 4.

I do like the original draft, though.  Jonah and Mack are very safe picks, imo.  I think both will have good long careers and they fill big needs.

I'm just no so sold on Williams for some reason. I'd like Ford if White wasn't there but getting Wilson in Rd would even things out. 
As to the Mock, pretty solid and wouldn't complain.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2019, 03:02 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I'm just no so sold on Williams for some reason. I'd like Ford if White wasn't there but getting Wilson in Rd would even things out. 
As to the Mock, pretty solid and wouldn't complain.

I think Jonah has a lower ceiling than a lot of the other top T's, but a higher floor.  I think he will have a Bolling type career.  He'll be a quality starter for a long time, but will never be an elite player. It depends on your situation.  If we went into the draft without a starter at RT, I would take Williams.  If we got a quality FA T, I would probably go Ford and play him at G while I groom him to replace Glenn. 
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2019, 04:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: To be fair, the OLD team did. We don't what the new coaches will think.

Yeah, the front office is still here though....
Reply/Quote
How am I just finding out there is a qb named Buckshot Calvert? I'd take him in the 1st
Reply/Quote
sign me up. I think devin bush may be the better 2nd round LB if he falls, but who knows

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote