Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jack White acoustic show in Alaska

Announced on morning radio the day of the show, $3 charge. Posted almost a year ago, someone in the comments said it was a 2015 show. I never really listen to his music but I will admit that he has a tight band and this was a pretty entertaining video. The varied mix shows how raw this was. Pretty brave to film and release your first ever live acoustic gig.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 04:07 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote:

Announced on morning radio the day of the show, $3 charge. Posted almost a year ago, someone in the comments said it was a 2015 show. I never really listen to his music but I will admit that he has a tight band and this was a pretty entertaining video. The varied mix shows how raw this was. Pretty brave to film and release your first ever live acoustic gig.

Considering The White Stripes was touring internationally and considered one of the top acts in the world 13 years before then, I don't know that I would call it brave...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 09:40 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Considering The White Stripes was touring internationally and considered one of the top acts in the world 13 years before then, I don't know that I would call it brave...

[Image: tenor.gif]
Almost every single Live show that is recorded and released/marketed is filmed near or at the end of the tour after they've worked out the kinks, made the proper adjustments and gelled as a unit. If you read the sentence before the one you highlighted, you'll see that's what I was referencing and that you misunderstood what I was talking about. It's not a balanced mix at all, hence the 'raw' comment.

It's very uncommon for an artist to release the first show of a tour, ie: "brave".
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote