Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indians dropping nickname
Cleveland Indians are going to drop their nickname. Anyone for The Cleveland Baseball Team? Hilarious LMAO Hilarious LMAO Hilarious LMAO

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state/Article/Cleveland-Indians-name-change-logo-MLB-156856641/?fbclid=IwAR11Ibz3wyLnqvQz_onifZwXyFHpM2k8ePZtRxPLv5dcmc9dp-MjE2Ns54Q
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
They better not mess with the Blackhawks. Best jersey in sports, imo.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
They should use the old Cleveland Spiders nickname.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 11:46 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Cleveland Indians are going to drop their nickname. Anyone for The Cleveland Baseball Team?  Hilarious  LMAO  Hilarious  LMAO  Hilarious  LMAO

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state/Article/Cleveland-Indians-name-change-logo-MLB-156856641/?fbclid=IwAR11Ibz3wyLnqvQz_onifZwXyFHpM2k8ePZtRxPLv5dcmc9dp-MjE2Ns54Q

if people are offended just dont buy their merchandise.
Reply/Quote
If Cleveland is going to rename their baseball team I have a suggestion. Given Cleveland’s proximity to Lake Erie and the city’s nautical tradition I think the “Cleveland Steamers” might work.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 09:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They better not mess with the Blackhawks. Best jersey in sports, imo.

I believe "Blackhawks" are the name of an actual tribe, like the FSU "Seminoles" and Illinois "Fighting Illini".  So I think they are safe.

My question is why did they announce they were changing names before they came up with  new name?  I think the Washington Football Team did it just to get some good press before the sexual harassment story broke.  So I am waiting for some bad news connected to the Cleveland baseball team.
Reply/Quote
Cleveland Mistakes.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Fire River Navigators

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 04:00 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if people are offended just dont buy their merchandise.

Or they can just change their name and sell more merchandise.  
Reply/Quote
Sounds like they decided on Guardians.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Cleveland Squaws
Reply/Quote
[Image: cleveland-guardians-indians-mlb-2021.jpg]

Pretty awful, imo.

Reply/Quote
Are people really this damn sensitive, wow!
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2022, 03:42 PM)Elzio Dennick Wrote: Are people really this damn sensitive,  wow!

Exactly
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2022, 03:42 PM)Elzio Dennick Wrote: Are people really this damn sensitive,  wow!

It hain't nothing new, so I never understand why people are so surprised by stuff like this.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2022, 11:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It hain't nothing new, so I never understand why people are so surprised by stuff like this.

Not about being surprised it's about how a word as harmless as....Indian...bother anyone,  hell.....Cowboy....Fireman....Soldier...Sailor.....so what big deal. 

So it has to be.....native American?
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 02:06 AM)Elzio Dennick Wrote: Not about being surprised it's about how a word as harmless as....Indian...bother anyone,  hell.....Cowboy....Fireman....Soldier...Sailor.....so what big deal. 

So it has to be.....native American?

Well, I do think it's fair for us to finally admit that Columbus didn't land in India. 
Reply/Quote
I can't get into Cleveland Guardians. Due to their Dog Pound in NFL, I'm calling them the Cleveland Guard Dogs. Plus there once was Canton Bulldogs. CLEVELAND GUARD DOGS is more of a SPORTS name. Guardians stinks. Stingrays became just the Rays. Red Stockings became The Reds. I can't get into Cleveland Guardians. To me, they are now THE GUARD DOGS. My guess is most Cleveland Fans would choose Guard Dogs over Guardians. The Dog Pound and all.

Now Washington will use Commanders. They probably considered The Washington Generals, except that's the team The Harlem Globetrotters beat and make fun of every game for many decades. There again, I think people will shorten it and just call them The Commandos, and call Cleveland The Guards. Much like Stingrays shortened to Rays.

In these name changes, much like the Stingrays became The Rays and Red Stockings became The Reds. I think Washington Commandos and Cleveland Guard Dogs sounds more sports names than what they have now.

Try calling them The Cleveland Guard Dogs. Due to their Dog Pound, it is a name you can get use to real fast. I'm sure people in Tampa / St Pete loved a more simple name in The Rays.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote