Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jackson Carman-ACTIVATED
Carman has cleared COVID protocol and has been activated back to the 53.

No word yet on Perine

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
This guarantees us a win this Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 10:48 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: This guarantees us a win this Sunday.

at least a better chance than potentially starting the 4th string guard

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 10:47 AM)pally Wrote: Carman has cleared COVID protocol and has been activated back to the 53.

No word yet on Perine
YES!

Hopefully he has a massive chip on his shoulder due to his performance last week and is able to play mean and tough.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

It probably guarantees a loss because the fans of this team can't have nice things no matter how good the news is..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
That's good news. Guard depth was suddenly looking slim.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Not sure it’s an immediate upgrade over the Fred Johnson Problem since Carman is still very much developing. At least he can continue to develop though, and against a questionable Lions interior.
Reply/Quote
He's an upgrade over Fred. Fred's one shot at guard (against Cleveland I believe on national tv) was a disaster.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I was kind of looking forward to see how Smith played.. Damned you Carman! 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

Man, I thought Carman was good but not THAT good. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 11:33 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Man, I thought Carman was good but not THAT good. Ninja

You mean he's not Wittworth and Munos rolled into one yet? Well, he will be in Detroit no doubt.. It'll be his hall of fame game..

Reply/Quote
COVID gets Jackson Carman...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 11:43 AM)jason Wrote: COVID gets Jackson Carman...

Word is that Jackson Carman allowed Covid to enter his body so he could kick the shit out of it for all the damage it's done over the last year+. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 11:05 AM)grampahol Wrote: I was kind of looking forward to see how Smith played.. Damned you Carman! 

The was no guarantee that Smith would be able to play.  He hurt his knee on Wed and didn't practice yesterday

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 12:05 PM)pally Wrote: The was no guarantee that Smith would be able to play.  He hurt his knee on Wed and didn't practice yesterday

I echo peoples' encouragement that he'll be on the roster, and hope that it will help him to continue his growth.

But if he did in fact have COVID he's probably going to be pretty weak.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 12:17 PM)3wt Wrote: I echo peoples' encouragement that he'll be on the roster, and hope that it will help him to continue his growth.

I’m assuming he was asymptomatic. I don’t think he’d have 2 negative tests so quickly if he was symptomatic, so hopefully he won’t be as affected.
Reply/Quote
He was vaccinated with 2 negative tests since Monday. He probably had a false positive

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 12:17 PM)3wt Wrote: I echo peoples' encouragement that he'll be on the roster, and hope that it will help him to continue his growth.

No way he would be able to play if he was having covid like symptoms and tested positive. 
Reply/Quote
I'm not ultra-worried if Carman plays poorly this season, as I know 2nd rounders (especially those changing position) can take a year or two to develop.
Hopefully he comes along soon, but the Bengals probably should have brought in a veteran to fill that spot while Carman developed.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Jackson Carman eats Covid for breakfast. Mellow

[Image: R.667082eebf14641484ff377b660c7196?rik=z...ImgRaw&r=0]

Reply/Quote