Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jackson Carman-ACTIVATED
Zac didn't guarantee Carman getting the start. He said it would either be him or Trey Hill since Smith is going on IR

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Great news... so we have our Caramel and our Apple. Tell me this ain't October!!!
Reply/Quote
Since no word on Perine yet, can we bring back Patrick now that the niners released him? aye?
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 01:06 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm not ultra-worried if Carman plays poorly this season, as I know 2nd rounders (especially those changing position) can take a year or two to develop.
Hopefully he comes along soon, but the Bengals probably should have brought in a veteran to fill that spot while Carman developed.

Didn't Carman replace the vet who was starting before he was injured? You know. vet??????????? Smirk Smirk Smirk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 05:00 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Since no word on Perine yet, can we bring back Patrick now that the niners released him? aye?

Perine is out. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 02:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Great news... so we have our Caramel and our Apple. Tell me this ain't October!!!

This just in: Bengals sign CB Pumpkin Spice. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 05:42 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Didn't Carman replace the vet who was starting before he was injured? You know. vet??????????? Smirk Smirk Smirk

I thought it was easily implied that I meant a new (better) vet. Not one who was already on the team, aka XSF.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 11:45 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Word is that Jackson Carman allowed Covid to enter his body so he could kick the shit out of it for all the damage it's done over the last year+. 

We found our Neo
Reply/Quote
Phew. His 32.3 PFF grade would be sorely missed. Mellow

In all seriousness, we just need to keep playing this dude and see what we have. He may take awhile to develop, but if he shows nothing this year, we need to at least hedge our bets and bring in some real competition next year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2021, 03:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Phew. His 32.3 PFF grade would be sorely missed. Mellow

In all seriousness, we just need to keep playing this dude and see what we have. He may take awhile to develop, but if he shows nothing this year, we need to at least hedge our bets and bring in some real competition next year.

Remember that Clint Boling struggled his rookie season.

But so did Cedric Ogbuehi.

I am not certain Carman is going to be good, but I like his potential and we need to give him as many snaps as possible.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2021, 03:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Phew. His 32.3 PFF grade would be sorely missed. Mellow

Well, I think he got killed for a penalty, but he has been available every game and he has not allowed  a sack as of yet.  Let's not forget that he was the Bengals highest rated lineman against the steelers.

I think he will rise to the occasion this week, and continue to elevate his game.  

With respect to Smith, I hope his meniscus surgery was the "easy" repair kind and we see him in three weeks.  I hope that kid gets some valuable experience this year and we can evaluate him as a potential RT of the future.  
Reply/Quote