Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jackson Carman-LG
Carman gets the start for Spain on Sunday. Looks like he jumped D'Ante Smith who was listed as backup LG on the depth chart. I'm for getting him all the experience he can get. He needs the experience

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 06:22 PM)pally Wrote: Carman gets the start for Spain on Sunday.  Looks like he jumped D'Ante Smith who was listed as backup LG on the depth chart.  I'm for getting him all the experience he can get.  He needs the experience

What if the secret plan this whole time is for the Bengals to make Carman the starting LG next year, allowing Spain to walk?!  Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 06:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What if the secret plan this whole time is for the Bengals to make Carman the starting LG next year, allowing Spain to walk?!  Ninja

He needs to keep his body lower than he did Sunday when he moved to LG and got bowled over. Wasn't XFS activated? Seems like he would be the backup.
Reply/Quote
semi related...I want to see Chris Evans bust out some big runs.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 06:27 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He needs to keep his body lower than he did Sunday when he moved to LG and got bowled over. Wasn't XFS activated? Seems like he would be the backup.

XSF will be activated before the playoff game per Zac

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 06:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What if the secret plan this whole time is for the Bengals to make Carman the starting LG next year, allowing Spain to walk?!  Ninja

They definitely want to keep Spain IMO.This guy has rated,on average,the best of anyone on the OL.Hope Carman works out,but,I honestly didn’t like the pick,especially with a past history of back surgery.Of course that was Mike Browns choice.Would really love to see them get Burrow an Elite OL.Not just average.Need to go FA,and spend some money.

Although I don’t think that will happen because Brown feels like these young guys have it in them to be great.I hope they do.
Reply/Quote
If all goes well I think Spain and Carman are the starting guards next year. You have to keep Spain. He's basically the heart and should of the line, not to mention Burrow's most aggressive bodyguard when defenses try to pull nonsense.

Carman needs snaps and development. it would be a huge disappointment if he can't claim a starting spot next year. He gets to prove his worth this weekend.
Reply/Quote
Carman actually did pretty well in relief of Spain as the ratings show. Which kinda makes sense as he was a LT so this is on the same side.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 08:01 PM)samhain Wrote: If all goes well I think Spain and Carman are the starting guards next year.  You have to keep Spain.  He's basically the heart and should of the line, not to mention Burrow's most aggressive bodyguard when defenses try to pull nonsense.  

Carman needs snaps and development.  it would be a huge disappointment if he can't claim a starting spot next year.  He gets to prove his worth  this weekend.

This.  If it isn't Carman and Spain, it's Spain and a first rounder or top free agent.
Reply/Quote
Brandin Allen just ran and kissed Mixon right on the mouth.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 06:22 PM)pally Wrote: Carman gets the start for Spain on Sunday.  Looks like he jumped D'Ante Smith who was listed as backup LG on the depth chart.  I'm for getting him all the experience he can get.  He needs the experience

Scary he looked like Jordan early, he got flattened lucky the guy did not take Joe's knee out, thank god Burrow resting this weekend
Reply/Quote
Smith either isn't transitioning to the pro game or just isn't healthy. Can't imagine another reason he wouldn't be getting reps in this game.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 08:01 PM)samhain Wrote: If all goes well I think Spain and Carman are the starting guards next year.  You have to keep Spain.  He's basically the heart and should of the line, not to mention Burrow's most aggressive bodyguard when defenses try to pull nonsense.  

Carman needs snaps and development.  it would be a huge disappointment if he can't claim a starting spot next year.  He gets to prove his worth  this weekend.

This is what I think they should do come off-season.  Re-sign Spain, Re-sign Reiff to 1 year deal, go out and get Jason Kelce or the best C available in FA, use pick 1 on a RT, trade up if there is a stud out there you like.  If RT is ready day 1 great if not start Reiff at RT.  If Carman or Smith is ready at RG start them if not start Reiff? 

Line now looks like this:

Jonah___Spain____Kelce(OBFAO)_____Carmen/Smith_____Round 1 RT/Reiff

The best part of this plan is it is very realistic, this plan also gives us solid depth with Hopkins, Smith, Adeniji and Reiff or round 1 RT depending on how RT shakes out.

Cigar
Reply/Quote

Cool, hope he keeps learning, him being on the left side again should help. The transition to the right side was anything but smooth.

Still think Carman could be a great pick, he hasn't lived up to my expectations yet of course, he has just been inconsistent.

Great one play, bad the next. Understandable for a talented rookie.
Reply/Quote