Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jackson III/Dennard
Are these guys starting this year? I'd hope so, at least Dennard. I don't know if he's even healthy yet. I just hate to see these high draft picks not being used. Especially when Adam is battling Father Time
Reply/Quote
We dont know, no one knows.
Reply/Quote
We will know plenty about both of them, very shortly.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
We need them both to emerge.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Expect Dennard to if healthy and hope the kid can.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Neither will start to start the year unless some injuries happen between now and then.

Adam Jones is the best CB on the team, so he'll be starting.. and I highly doubt they're going to pay Dre Kirkpatrick $7.5m to sit on the bench, so he'll be starting. One of the two will likely win the #3 CB job unless Shaw muscles them out of it, but that's not being a starter in the traditional sense.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I expect that Dennard will be the slot corner and will see more playing time than Jackson. I'm sure Jackson is probably chomping at the bit to start over Kirkpatrick. He's a good asset to have behind Jones and Kirkpatrick. Remember a couple of pre-seasons ago when Dez Bryant schooled Kirkpatrick right off the field? We play Dallas this year.

Reply/Quote
Dennard will be the best CB on the team by the end of the year. Everyone forgets that he played well as rookie when given the opportunity and he did beat out Leon before he got hurt in training camp last season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2016, 04:07 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: Are these guys starting this year?  I'd hope so, at least Dennard.  I don't know if he's even healthy yet.  I just hate to see these high draft picks not being used.  Especially when Adam is battling Father Time

Jones is playing Pro Bowl football.... the best of his career, and you hope we start a rookie instead?
Reply/Quote
Dennard will be the slot CB. Even though that will not technically be "starting" he will actually play a lot more snaps than Maualuga.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2016, 08:14 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Jones is playing Pro Bowl football.... the best of his career, and you hope we start a rookie instead?

Didn't say that. Eventually, Jones will decline. It doesn't hurt to give these guys some game time reps.

Edit: Guess I did, lol. I don't want these guys replacing Jones as long as he continues on a pro bowl level. Eventually he'll decline. Maybe if Dre continues to be inconsistent, Dennard could take his place
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2016, 04:07 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: Are these guys starting this year?  I'd hope so, at least Dennard.  I don't know if he's even healthy yet.  I just hate to see these high draft picks not being used.  Especially when Adam is battling Father Time

why would they be starting when last years starters are still here?
Reply/Quote
When they draft a CB in the first round of the 2017 draft, will he be a starter? We all know that they will.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Dennard will most likely be our slot CB. I expect WJ3 to rotate at boundary CB.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
In my opinion denard is not a slot corner he has too stiff of hips to play slot I would rather him play in kirkpatricks spot and denard play on the outside I think they would both thrive there!
Reply/Quote
On paper it looks like they baby the corners while they sing praises, but that could be more of a complement to the trust of the vets rather than a slight to the youth. Ideally, either guy eats into some of Pacman's reps to save him for returns and keep him fresh. What would be even better to see would be both of them performing well and allowing them to play Shaw some at backup FS if need be. Shaw playing the "Hall role" is an option, but I don't see why Dennard (if he reaches more of his potential and recovers from the injury well) can't line up on the same player. If the top four corners play the majority of the reps that makes the safeties even deeper with Shaw and Smith. There are plenty of reps to go around.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2016, 08:45 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Neither will start to start the year unless some injuries happen between now and then.  

Adam Jones is the best CB on the team, so he'll be starting.. and I highly doubt they're going to pay Dre Kirkpatrick $7.5m to sit on the bench, so he'll be starting. One of the two will likely win the #3 CB job unless Shaw muscles them out of it, but that's not being a starter in the traditional sense.

This, but I think Shaw is a better fit at Nickel CB in the slot.  

We may not like our shiny new toys sitting on the bench, but this not only ensures they are more prepared when they do hit the field.  They also have outstanding depth at the CB position now and are prepared for injuries or the loss of Dre in the offseason. 
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2016, 01:50 PM)jason Wrote: When they draft a CB in the first round of the 2017 draft, will he be a starter? We all know that they will.

Why would they?
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2016, 09:56 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Why would they?

I wouldn't be surprised if they do.

Reply/Quote
Probably not this year unless Pacman or Dre get injured or just suck it up. Id put money on one of them starting next year.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote