Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jackson and Burrow vs. Hurts
What will Joe Burrow ask for now that he knows Hurts got over 50 million a year?

Jackson is an MVP. If Hurts got 255 million for 5 years, what is Jackson worth?

Does this complicate more an already complicated relationship Ravens and Jackson have?

MY guess is Jackson will want a minimum all the goodies Hurst received from the Eagles or he will sit until season opener.

Thoughts?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
The key take from this (in my mind), as it relates to the Lamar Jackson situation is that this is yet another lucrative QB contract that is not fully guaranteed money. Though 70% is still a huge amount of guaranteed money for a team to be on the hook for, should something awful ever happen to Jalen Hurts and he not be able to play.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2023, 01:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The key take from this (in my mind), as it relates to the Lamar Jackson situation is that this is yet another lucrative QB contract that is not fully guaranteed money.  Though 70% is still a huge amount of guaranteed money for a team to be on the hook for, should something awful ever happen to Jalen Hurts and he not be able to play.

The 70% guarantee versus the Watson 100% guarantee is a huge difference. The no trade clause is also bigger, it gives Hurts the ability to determine the city he plays in versus the team.

I may be wrong, but I think Jackson's asking price went up for the Ravens.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2023, 02:03 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The 70% guarantee versus the Watson 100% guarantee is a huge difference. The no trade clause is also bigger, it gives Hurts the ability to determine the city he plays in versus the team.

I may be wrong, but I think Jackson's asking price went up for the Ravens.

You're wrong.
Jackson lost. The hard part now is to figure out a way to save face and either sign the tag or accept the 3/133 deal. It will be interesting to see how (if) Jackson navigates through this and if his pride and ego allow him to. 
Reply/Quote
Burrow's deal will probably be pretty similar to Hurts at least in $$$ per year figures.

It's impossible to make sense of Jackon's situation and how this influences it because with him acting as his own agent nothing about the whole process makes sense.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2023, 02:22 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: You're wrong.
Jackson lost.
The hard part now is to figure out a way to save face and either sign the tag or accept the 3/133 deal. It will be interesting to see how (if) Jackson navigates through this and if his pride and ego allow him to. 

Time will tell if I am wrong or you are wrong. I am saying this could cause Jackson to not sign his tag and then this could carry over with no starting QB is Baltimore during TC.

You say his value is a short term 3 year deal for 44 million a year. We will see as this plays out if Jackson already lost (your words).

Reply/Quote
Interestingly, I've heard rumors that the league is worried that Mike Brown will change how pay works for QB's forever, by paying Burrow, not based upon current trends, but based upon a total % of the salary cap, so that he always represents the same % of the payroll going forward and that a the cap goes up. he get paid more and more, but relatively to the total cap, he gets the same. This would be MB's way of fighting off the need to restructure deals and turn salary into signing bonus' etc. It's a lot more complicated than that of course, but it would be very interesting to see if MB turns NFl finances on it's ear.
Reply/Quote
Buckle up, boys!
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
I hope that they have reached an agreement with JB already and are waiting to announce. Maybe that is wishful thinking, but I think it’s quite possible.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2023, 07:34 PM)Stewy Wrote: Interestingly, I've heard rumors that the league is worried that Mike Brown will change how pay works for QB's forever, by paying Burrow, not based upon current trends, but based upon a total % of the salary cap, so that he always represents the same % of the payroll going forward and that a the cap goes up. he get paid more and more, but relatively to the total cap, he gets the same.  This would be MB's way of fighting off the need to restructure deals and turn salary into signing bonus' etc.  It's a lot more complicated than that of course, but it would be very interesting to see if MB turns NFl finances on it's ear.

That's actually an interesting concept and kinda smart. 
Reply/Quote