Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jackson and Ravens have a deal
According to Ian Rapaport, the Ravens made him a deal eclipsing Hurts, one he couldn't refuse. It is expected to be announced quickly. No terms yet.

Another domino, for the Joe Burrow price tag, just fell

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
$185 million in guarantees

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
5 years and 260 million 185 guaranteed....52 million a year Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/lamar-jackson-ravens-agree-on-five-year-260-million-extension-making-qb-nfls-highest-paid-player/
Reply/Quote
Dumb move by the Rats. Jackson will just get hurt again, requires a very specific offense to function and is nothing special as a passer.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 06:06 PM)pally Wrote: $185 million in guarantees

Burrow is next. Which means strategically the Steelers approach should be load the team at every position but QB and just roll with QBs on rookie contracts and never extend them after the 5th year option. It would be a more competetive team than one that is 20% 1 guy. 
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 06:28 PM)pulses Wrote: 5 years and 260 million 185 guaranteed....52 million a year  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/lamar-jackson-ravens-agree-on-five-year-260-million-extension-making-qb-nfls-highest-paid-player/

What is the laughing about? Seems like he negotiated himself a pretty sweet deal. And he won't have to share any of it with an agent.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 06:37 PM)Joelist Wrote: Dumb move by the Rats. Jackson will just get hurt again, requires a very specific offense to function and is nothing special as a passer.

totally agree, these types of QBs have a short shelf life. 
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 06:50 PM)Nepa Wrote: What is the laughing about? Seems like he negotiated himself a pretty sweet deal. And he won't have to share any of it with an agent.

Just don't think he's worth that kinda money but more power to him ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 07:34 PM)pulses Wrote: Just don't think he's worth that kinda money but more power to him ThumbsUp

He slightly one-upped Jalen Hurts' contract.  I guess that means $53M per is the new minimum for Joe Burrow.  Cool

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 07:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He slightly one-upped Jalen Hurts' contract.  I guess that means $53M per is the new minimum for Joe Burrow.  Cool

I'm thinking he'll get 55+
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 06:50 PM)Nepa Wrote: What is the laughing about? Seems like he negotiated himself a pretty sweet deal. And he won't have to share any of it with an agent.

Because he'll be hurt half way through the season, wasting the money and Lou knows how to beat Lamar.  This is great for us.
Reply/Quote
A lot of money to pay someone to come in second to the Bengals every year.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
I thought he wanted out of Baltimore. Guess he doesn't mean what he says.
Reply/Quote
Need to find out the guaranteed at signing. If it's $185m in total, that likely means that the guaranteed at signing is a good chunk less, meaning he came back to reality with his expectations of getting $230+.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 11:52 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Need to find out the guaranteed at signing. If it's $185m in total, that likely means that the guaranteed at signing is a good chunk less, meaning he came back to reality with his expectations of getting $230+.

Reports I have seen say it is $260 million with $185 million guaranteed.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 11:55 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Reports I have seen say it is $260 million with $185 million guaranteed.  

The $185m is total guarantees. That includes things like injury guarantees and the like. I'm talking guaranteed at signing, it's the money that's actually truly completely guaranteed with no strings attached.

Hurts for example had $179m in total guarantees, and $110m in guaranteed at signing.

That's why Watson's deal was such a big thing. He had $230m in total guarantees, and $230m in guaranteed at signing. So I am wondering what Lamar's guaranteed at signing is, haven't seen it announced anywhere.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 12:05 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The $185m is total guarantees. That includes things like injury guarantees and the like. I'm talking guaranteed at signing, it's the money that's actually truly completely guaranteed with no strings attached.

Hurts for example had $179m in total guarantees, and $110m in guaranteed at signing.

That's why Watson's deal was such a big thing. He had $230m in total guarantees, and $230m in guaranteed at signing. So I am wondering what Lamar's guaranteed at signing is, haven't seen it announced anywhere.

i would imagine just north of what Hurts got. so probly 125m at signing
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 06:28 PM)pulses Wrote: 5 years and 260 million 185 guaranteed....52 million a year Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

Great deal for him and them
-Housh
Reply/Quote
The highest paid RB (Z Elliot) + any two of the highest paid o-lineman outside of LT's account for about $60M of salary for 2023.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote