Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jackson produces the 2nd-most rushing yards by a rookie QB since 1970!
Also, he became the 1st QB with 100+ rushing yards since Kaepernick totaled 113 on the ground in Week 12 of 2016.

Those numbers go out to the 'Rushing yards don't beat you crowd'. And the 'Wow the defense improved because they didn't give up 500 yards crowd.'

We were still historically bad...just in different ways.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 04:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Also, he became the 1st QB with 100+ rushing yards since Kaepernick totaled 113 on the ground in Week 12 of 2016.

Those numbers go out to the 'Rushing yards don't beat you crowd'. And the 'Wow the defense improved because they didn't give up 500 yards crowd.'

What's even more astounding than the stats is we seemingly didn't know it was coming and once it did had no answer as to how to stop it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 04:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Also, he became the 1st QB with 100+ rushing yards since Kaepernick totaled 113 on the ground in Week 12 of 2016.

The Ravens were extremely predictable in that they ran the ball a lot. It was kind of ridiculous though seeing how Lamar Jackson was able to evade so many defenders time after time. Teams will need a legit sideline-to-sideline QB spy for him. Bengals don't have a guy that can do that, and it showed.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The problem was not a spy; it was super bad gap discipline and complete failure to seal the edges.
Reply/Quote
Not the first time a rookie QB has played like a start against us

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
The fact that the Ravens decided to force Dalton to throw (by putting up to 9 in the box) to beat them, and the Bengals opted to force Lamar to run(?)...says something about our coaching (or Ravens feelings on Dalton).

Either way, not forcing Lamar to beat them with his suspect accuracy was a colossal failure by the coaching staff.

Anyone on this board could have come up with a better defensive plan.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 05:46 PM)jj22 Wrote: The fact that the Ravens decided to force Dalton to throw (by putting up to 9 in the box) to beat them, and the Bengals opted to force Lamar to run(?)...says something about our coaching (or Ravens feelings on Dalton).

Either way, not forcing Lamar to beat them with his suspect accuracy was a colossal failure by the coaching staff.

Anyone on this board could have come up with a better defensive plan.

What it said was the Rats realized we have only Boyd right now to catch passes while we acted like Jackson was a legit passing threat (which he was not). 
Reply/Quote
We also gave up 100 yards to Edwards to. Gap discipline has been a problem all year. Also pass Defense wasn't good yesterday either gave up nearly 8 yards an attempt.
In the Defense of the Defense the read option is a hard offense to stop because you don't see it as much.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 06:05 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: We also gave up 100 yards to Edwards to. Gap discipline has been a problem all year. Also pass Defense wasn't good yesterday either gave up nearly 8 yards an attempt.
In the Defense of the Defense the read option is a hard offense to stop because you don't see it as much.

Yeah...sure...the last team to give up 100 yards rushing to a QB was in 2016. Other teams stop QB's from running all the time.

College teams can stop this.
Reply/Quote
I think the offense didn’t move the ball effectively. I believe the game plan shoulda been to make Jackson play from behind, effectively making him pass more as well as making him throw to the outside more often. We already know the defense is broken. No sound mind would go into this game thinking the defense could make vast improvements. They can’t cover the middle of the field between the numbers & they can’t stop the run. These things weren’t going to be improved in a week with a ‘new’ coach. So they had to count on the offense to score in order to gain an advantage. So I blame the offense as much as anything.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 12:21 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I think the offense didn’t move the ball effectively. I believe the game plan shoulda been to make Jackson play from behind, effectively making him pass more as well as making him throw to the outside more often. We already know the defense is broken. No sound mind would go into this game thinking the defense could make vast improvements. They can’t cover the middle of the field between the numbers & they can’t stop the run. These things weren’t going to be improved in a week with a ‘new’ coach. So they had to count on the offense to score in order to gain an advantage. So I blame the offense as much as anything.

From the PFF numbers...the entire team is underperforming minus about 5-6 players.
Reply/Quote
I wonder over the years how many NFL records have been set by teams playing Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
I remember Priest Holmes.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 12:26 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: From the PFF numbers...the entire team is underperforming minus about 5-6 players.

Im not surprised that most of our players are graded low. They’re not being used properly or absolutely do not fit what they’re trying to do.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 12:27 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I wonder over the years how many NFL records have been set by teams playing Cincinnati.

If your offense is struggling Cincinnati will cure you quick

(11-20-2018, 12:30 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Im not surprised that most of our players are graded low. They’re not being used properly or absolutely do not fit what they’re trying to do.

Most definietly a large part of the problem. 
Reply/Quote

This team is all about setting records. Bad ones. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 12:30 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Im not surprised that most of our players are graded low. They’re not being used properly or absolutely do not fit what they’re trying to do.

One has to wonder if our best available player draft strategy is killing us. We end up getting players who are terrible fits here. At the time of the draft, it appears we got a steal though.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 12:11 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...sure...the last team to give up 100 yards rushing to a QB was in 2016. Other teams stop QB's from running all the time.

College teams can stop this.

Have you watched College Football recently? They cant stop shit lol get the F out here with that.
Anyways guys like Cam Newton, Mike Vick, and Colin Kaepernick have had constant success rushing the Ball. You act like they gave up 100 yards to some slow unathletic player.
J24

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 02:21 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Have you watched College Football recently? They cant stop shit lol get the F out here with that.
Anyways guys like Cam Newton, Mike Vick, and Colin Kaepernick have had constant success rushing the Ball. You act like they gave up 100 yards to some slow unathletic player.

They have up 100 yards to a QB that they knew couldn't pass and knew he would run. And they still couldn't stop it.

Plus...like I said, 2016 was the last time that a QB rushed for 100 yards prior to this game.

AND we managed to give up 100 yards to a RB too.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 10:53 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They have up 100 yards to a QB that they knew couldn't pass and knew he would run. And they still couldn't stop it.

Plus...like I said, 2016 was the last time that a QB rushed for 100 yards prior to this game.

AND we managed to give up 100 yards to a RB too.

2016 was two seasons ago it wasn't ages ago. The RB thing is more concerning.
J24

Reply/Quote