Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jacksonville game
(08-29-2016, 01:07 PM)jj22 Wrote: We certainly lost the "deepest team in the AFC" narrative last night. The reserves all played uninspired and no one looked like they deserved a spot on the 53 or practice squad.

No, not really. Those guys playing in the second half won't be on this team. Our second team was still pretty good. Remember the guys we ran out at CB to start the game our the 4th and 5th CB on this team. I'll still take our active game day 45 over almost any in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 01:19 PM)Au165 Wrote: No, not really. Those guys playing in the second half won't be on this team. Our second team was still pretty good. Remember the guys we ran out at CB to start the game our the 4th and 5th CB on this team. I'll still take our active game day 45 over almost any in the NFL.

I have always liked Chris Lewis Harris and he played well yet again last night.

Chykie Brown is a head scratcher man. Plays great one play and terrible the next. No consistency.
Reply/Quote
I'm fine with the game. Bengals starters dominated, had 3rd and 4th string guys playing in the 3rd quarter and earlier even.

Final score doesn't mean much to me
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 02:06 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: I'm fine with the game.  Bengals starters dominated, had 3rd and 4th string guys playing in the 3rd quarter and earlier even.

Final score doesn't mean much to me

Yeah, we pulled our starters much earlier than the Jags. They didn't want to get embarassed too bad.

In a regular season game we would of beat them 42-6.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 01:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I have always liked Chris Lewis Harris and he played well yet again last night.

Chykie Brown is a head scratcher man. Plays great one play and terrible the next. No consistency.

I thought that Lewis-Harris looked pretty good, too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 02:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I thought that Lewis-Harris looked pretty good, too.

Seriously, the dude always plays well when called upon.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 01:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I have always liked Chris Lewis Harris and he played well yet again last night.

To put it in nba terms he's like the j.r. Smith on the nfl
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 01:19 PM)Au165 Wrote: No, not really. Those guys playing in the second half won't be on this team. Our second team was still pretty good. Remember the guys we ran out at CB to start the game our the 4th and 5th CB on this team. I'll still take our active game day 45 over almost any in the NFL.
We all need to keep this in perspective.

I saw Jags roster players playing all the way through the 4th quarter like their backup QB and Myles Jack. This are guys easy to recognize so how many other Jag roster players kept playing. On the other hand ML was playing 40 guys with little to no chance of making our roster.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
All that matters is 1st team vs 1st team.

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 02:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Seriously, the dude always plays well when called upon.

I never liked him and hated that he stuck around so long. Last year he changed my opinion though, he played great for us when we needed him. Happy to admit I was wrong about him and happy to have a player like him be so far down on our CB depth chart (when everyone is healthy that is)
Reply/Quote
I'm not really that upset that our 3rd and 4th string players were manhandled. It occured to me as I was watching the second half of the game that the Bengals were running an incredibly vanilla offense. Jacksonville on the other hand were playing some second stringers and throwing exotic blitzes left and right. They were trying to win that game.

The Bengals still have one of the deepest rosters. This game doesn't change that. Look at last year's 3rd preseason game against Tampa Bay. They stomped us. Were they the better team? Hell no. They just played it like an actual game.
Reply/Quote

Yeah but did you see who he was covering? Brown played a descent game.
"The Power of life and death is in the tongue"
Reply/Quote