Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Jacques Patrick claimed off PS
He is heading to San Francisco

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 11:59 AM)pally Wrote: He is heading to San Francisco

Dudes gonna get a chance to play regularly.  I think he'll stay in the NFL for quite awhile.  

I'd taken him over Perine but is what it is. 
Reply/Quote
So what compensation do we get for this... a 7th?
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 12:06 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So what compensation do we get for this... a 7th?

none whatsoever.  One of the few rules around signing another team's PS, is that they must be on the active roster for the next game but there is no compensation

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 12:06 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So what compensation do we get for this... a 7th?

do we get compensation?  I thought guys on practice squads are pretty much free game. 

If you want to protect them put them on the roster.  
Reply/Quote
And now we will see why we should have kept Patrick...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 12:08 PM)pally Wrote: none whatsoever.  One of the few rules around signing another team's PS, is that they must be on the active roster for the next game but there is no compensation

Well that sucks. I was thinking there was some formula where the team losing the player got compensation.
Reply/Quote
Patrick has a Corey Dillon like skillsets
In his game. Shanahan knows RBs.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 12:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well that sucks. I was thinking there was some formula where the team losing the player got compensation.

Sled, why would there be?  I mean evidently the team he's currently on the practice squad with didn't think he was good enough to be on the 53 man roster.  They didn't spend a draft pick on him.  So there's no reason to give that team compensation. 

I'm sure the Bengals were trying to hide Patrick on the practice squad but we see how well that worked out. 
Reply/Quote
When I saw they were looking, I figured Patrick would get a look. I hope he does well in his opportunity.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 12:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well that sucks. I was thinking there was some formula where the team losing the player got compensation.

only when losing free agents greater than the value of the free agents you sign
Reply/Quote
I feel like this was a miss on our part. He brought more than Perine does from what I’ve seen. Hope he does well, just wish it would’ve been here.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 12:16 PM)TJ528 Wrote: Sled, why would there be?  I mean evidently the team he's currently on the practice squad with didn't think he was good enough to be on the 53 man roster.  They didn't spend a draft pick on him.  So there's no reason to give that team compensation. 

I'm sure the Bengals were trying to hide Patrick on the practice squad but we see how well that worked out. 

Not saying there should be, I just thought there was. Evidently I was thinking about free agents. 
Reply/Quote