Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jags releasing Malik Jackson
For the love of God put him beside Geno Atkins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Or Timmy Jernigan. Michael Bennett just released too

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 01:59 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Or Timmy Jernigan.  Michael Bennett just released too

Bennet wanted a pay increase from the 7.2 he was scheduled to make this year....pass
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 01:53 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: For the love of God put him beside Geno Atkins.

He is being dumped for a reason, he isn't good. 
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 02:00 PM)Au165 Wrote: Bennet wanted a pay increase from the 7.2 he was scheduled to make this year....pass

Rotoworld said he is due 6 million this year. Yes, he’s looking for a raise, aren’t we all. Maybe he gets one, maybe not. Seems he had a better year last year than our 6 mil dL

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 02:06 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Rotoworld said he is due 6 million this year.  Yes, he’s looking for a raise, aren’t we all.  Maybe he gets one, maybe not.  Seems he had a better year last year than our 6 mil dL

Hes 33?  or 31?  not sure we would be the team to give him that raise.
Reply/Quote
He basically plays Geno's position and would be used as a nickle DT on passing downs next to Geno. Would much rather spend money to upgrade elsewhere.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 03:13 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Hes 33?  or 31?  not sure we would be the team to give him that raise.

I’m not sure either. I merely posted that he had just been released.

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 02:06 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Rotoworld said he is due 6 million this year.  Yes, he’s looking for a raise, aren’t we all.  Maybe he gets one, maybe not.  Seems he had a better year last year than our 6 mil dL

He is due 7.2 next year, he went to the Eagles and said he wanted more than that. I am not paying let's say 8 a year for an aging situational pass rusher. I'd rather have Lawson, Dunlap, Geno and Hubbard on the field for passing downs and put the money to better use elsewhere. 
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 01:59 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote:   Michael Bennett just released too

Hard pass..... besides, I don't see any way MB hires someone who kneels during the National Anthem. That's just not Mike Brown.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2019, 11:36 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Hard pass..... besides, I don't see any way MB hires someone who kneels during the National Anthem. That's just not Mike Brown.

Yeah, we need to focus on football and not politics.

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 03:41 PM)Au165 Wrote: He is due 7.2 next year, he went to the Eagles and said he wanted more than that. I am not paying let's say 8 a year for an aging situational pass rusher. I'd rather have Lawson, Dunlap, Geno and Hubbard on the field for passing downs and put the money to better use elsewhere. 

I posted what I read.  I don't really care what he makes as I only mentioned he had been released.  It's a moot point because the patriots deemed him good enough and reasonable enough to trade for him.  But what do they know?
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2019, 12:30 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I posted what I read.  I don't really care what he makes as I only mentioned he had been released.  It's a moot point because the patriots deemed him good enough and reasonable enough to trade for him.  But what do they know?

They traded for Chad Johnson past his prime too.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2019, 02:50 PM)Au165 Wrote: They traded for Chad Johnson past his prime too.

And kept for what, 1 or less years? Without much money tied up in him? I’m just gonna go out on a limb and say the patriots make more good personnel decisions than bad ones.

And not really relevant here anyway

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2019, 02:50 PM)Au165 Wrote: They traded for Chad Johnson past his prime too.

Bennett had nine sacks last year, 30 QB hits, and 15 TFLs. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2019, 03:35 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Bennett had nine sacks last year, 30 QB hits, and 15 TFLs. 

I didn’t say he was bad I said he wasn’t worth what he was looking for to me. The Chad reference was to the idea that because the Patriots made the trade its automatically a good trade.
Reply/Quote
Bennett’s gonna want to get paid, that’s not happening here. Move on.

[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 03:30 PM)lone bengal Wrote: He basically plays Geno's position and would be used as a nickle DT on passing downs next to Geno. Would much rather spend money to upgrade elsewhere.

Plus Billings and Glasgow are decent. Not a need even.

O-line and Linebackers please....
Reply/Quote
looks to be signing with the Eagles...3 year $30 million

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 03:30 PM)lone bengal Wrote: He basically plays Geno's position and would be used as a nickle DT on passing downs next to Geno. Would much rather spend money to upgrade elsewhere.

Nickel DT gets about 50% of defensive snaps, which is still a significant amount.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote