Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jags working on deal with Eifert
Reply/Quote
Got to admit I'm a bit disappointed to hear this. I was hoping the Bengals would finally get a return on the investment they made in him. Figures they'd wait on him all those years and then lose him when he finally managed to stay healthy.

Lotta guys want to go play in Fla, pay no state income tax and never wins shit. Eifert doesn't necessarily fit in that since only one team seemed to come calling.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I imagine he's not that expensive and not really sure what we have is any better. Even in limited play he gives us as much or more than we have. Uzomah seems to be improving each year (probably will put up 2019 Eifert numbers, hopefullya little more) but Sample did nothing to show he's ready to be stepping in.
Reply/Quote
Mason Schreck time!!!!

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
FINALLY! We'll get to see Drew Sample prove himself.
Reply/Quote
Tate fits Eiferts role to a t anyways. No big surprise that he is not coming back.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Anyone care to take a Sample? No?

Okay fine lets see what he can do for us this season.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
I hate this. Really talented TE who rebounded from
Some freak injuries. Finally got healthy and now he goes
Elsewhere.
Still don't have a TE on this roster that can do what even
A 80% Eifert can do.
I'm expected little from Sample. He showed nothing
Last year
Reply/Quote
He was a shell of himself athletically last year, even though he stayed healthy. Uzomah has put in his dues and is a better downfield threat than Eifert at this point.
Reply/Quote
I think this is a step backwards. Uzomah was terrible last year and Sample mostly wandered the sidelines.

Perhaps the playbook is changing and we won't need TEs anymore. I think we way overpaid Uzomah and Sample appears to have been a reach, since they never seemed to use him last year. Maybe the trainers said it was time to cut bait. I dunno.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
At some point it was going to happen. Uzomah, Sample, and Carter to a much lesser extent will get a chance to prove what they're worth now. The Sample pick is still one of the biggest head scratchers in recent memory. He's just doesn't have the skill set for a guy that you'd take that early.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 06:34 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: At some point it was going to happen. Uzomah, Sample, and Carter to a much lesser extent will get a chance to prove what they're worth now. The Sample pick is still one of the biggest head scratchers in recent memory. He's just doesn't have the skill set for a guy that you'd take that early.

Uzomah could be a very good asset, he just needs to be utilized a little better.  How tough could it be to run plays that take two defenders deep, leaving a giant TE open in an underneath mismatch?   I mean, they chose to pay him good money, now get some production out of the guy.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The coaches likely think Eifert isnt as athletically gifted as he once was. He’s not that great at blocking. He obviously can catch and run routes (although maybe not as effectively as before the injuries), but it sounds like they are making a move to more complete tight ends that can block as well as get open/catch (more versatile tight ends). Not a bad idea to go younger. Carter has been under-utilized. Sample gets a chance. This makes sense. Tough to see him go, but it makes sense. Opens the door for a potential late pick at the tight end position too.
Reply/Quote
Not too upset at this development. As much as I am not a Ross fan, he proved to be a pretty good Red Zone option in a short time. I just wouldn't trust him as a regular wideout. Also, maybe it's time to see what the Bengals have their other TEs. Perhaps Tate as an option at TE?
Reply/Quote
Really disappointed with the path this guy's career took. Early on, he looked like he could have been one of the Bengals' all-time greats. Sad that injuries derailed him.

I wish him the best of luck.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 07:11 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Really disappointed with the path this guy's career had taken.  Early on, he looked like he could have been one of the Bengals' all-time greats.  Sad that injuries derailed him.

I wish him the best of luck.

Not seeing Sample turn into anything other than a few plays a game guy...we will need to sign one off the streets or draft one in the top 5 rounds who can catch and run routes.   
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 07:38 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Not seeing Sample turn into anything other than a few plays a game guy...we will need to sign one off the streets or draft one in the top 5 rounds who can catch and run routes.   

We may draft one in the later rounds but even if we don't, we'll be fine with what we've got.   It's not exactly a TE centric offense.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Yet ANOTHER guy they should have dealt last year. Get a 6th. Get SOMETHING.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 08:26 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Yet ANOTHER guy they should have dealt last year. Get a 6th. Get SOMETHING.

To repeat AGAIN, somebody would have had to come calling.  How many calls would we realistically gotten about a guy who had never played a full season?

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 08:30 PM)McC Wrote: To repeat AGAIN, somebody would have had to come calling.  How many calls would we realistically gotten about a guy who had never played a full season?

Unless we’re in the front office, we don’t know how many ppl called.

But plenty of NFL people whom we trust reported there was lots of interest in I-Fart. And Dalton. And Green.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote