Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jags working on deal with Eifert
(03-25-2020, 12:43 PM)pally Wrote: why bring in an asset that doesn't add to what you have?

Good point.  Although it was a small showing, he was somewhat productive in the XFL.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 10:33 AM)BacknDaDey Wrote: Donald Parham TE of the Dallas Renegades XFL.  What does it hurt to bring him in as a replacement for Eifert?  To me there is no difference in him or Sample or Carter.

Is that the 6"8" guy?
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 10:11 AM)pally Wrote: an awful lot of money for someone with Eifert's injury history.  But good for him,  He's worked hard to rehab and deserves a shot

With that deal I have no problem with them not resigning him. 
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 08:26 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Yet ANOTHER guy they should have dealt last year. Get a 6th. Get SOMETHING.

Was he even under contract last offseason? It seems we had to re-sign him last spring for 1 yr....
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 10:56 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Schefter, for one. Pellissaro too.

Just the fact that he got 15.5 mil on the open market shows there was demand for his services.

So, it seems like there are three things we can do about that. 

We can invent a time machine and go back and trade him.

We can sit around and whine about it.

We can get over it and move the **** on.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 05:43 PM)McC Wrote: Got to admit I'm a bit disappointed to hear this.  I was hoping the Bengals would finally get a return on the investment they made in him.  Figures they'd wait on him all those years and then lose him when he finally managed to stay healthy.

Lotta guys want to go play in Fla, pay no state income tax and never wins shit.  Eifert doesn't necessarily fit in that since only one team seemed to come calling.

I will miss Eifert as when he was healthy in 2015 he was great and the best route running TE in football and he is a great guy
but even when he was healthy last year he was a shell of his 2015 self. All the injuries, namely the back injuries clearly slowed 
him down in his route running and he couldn't get separation like he used to at all and he wasn't good in the red zone anymore.

Think we can get an upgrade over Eifert soon, maybe next Draft which will be deeper than this one. Or we can get a FA or draft
Deguara or Burrow's teammate Moss. Uzi just got paid and Sample was a 2nd round pick, have to hope these guys become damn
good TE's for us.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 12:54 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Is that the 6"8" guy?

Yep, has like a 7 foot 2 wingspan or something...

Would love Parham here, do it FO!!! Rock On
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 02:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yep, has like a 7 foot 2 wingspan or something...

Would love Parham here, do it FO!!! Rock On

That's a whole lotta arms!
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 02:26 PM)sandwedge Wrote: That's a whole lotta arms!

Lol, yeah and he can move too and has good hands. Really impressed me, best TE in the XFL.

Parham and the TE on the Wildcats were good, forget his name, used to be on the Rams.
Reply/Quote
Notre Dame fan here too.. This suck, but I knew it was bound to happen. Drew Sample was showing super star qualities last year...
Reply/Quote
I feel like Taylor perhaps doesn't view TE as a major weapon in his system. He drafted Sample primarily for his blocking abilities, and I've seen them speak highly of Carter, who's not much more than a blocker/ST guy. Uzomah is adequate but not spectacular. McVay never really leaned on TEs in his system in LA for much other than blocking.

I think letting Eifert go makes a lot of sense if this is the case. Why pay 7 plus mil per year for a guy with a dodgy health history that isn't a major part of the system you want to run?

If this isn't the case, then maybe you look at Thaddeus Moss in 3 to be your pass-catching guy.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 02:51 PM)samhain Wrote: I feel like Taylor perhaps doesn't view TE as a major weapon in his system.  He drafted Sample primarily for his blocking abilities, and I've seen them speak highly of Carter, who's not much more than a blocker/ST guy.  Uzomah is adequate but not spectacular.  McVay never really leaned on TEs in his system in LA for much other than blocking.  

I think letting Eifert go makes a lot of sense if this is the case.  Why pay 7 plus mil per year for a guy with a dodgy health history that isn't a major part of the system you want to run?

If this isn't the case, then maybe you look at Thaddeus Moss in 3 to be your pass-catching guy.

Sounds correct from all we have seen and the systems Taylor is used to running.

All for Moss in 3 and he can block so he fits and he is Burrow's buddy and the greatest of bloodlines.

We are going Offense in the Draft obviously with this FA.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 01:01 PM)McC Wrote: So, it seems like there are three things we can do about that. 

We can invent a time machine and go back and trade him.

We can sit around and whine about it.

We can get over it and move the **** on.

Moving the goalposts. You asked for references, now you have them and the argument becomes “time to move the **** on.” Obviously there is nothing to be done about it now. But what we do here is talk about the team. And its what-ifs. I-fart should have been traded.

But with this Vonn Bell signing they’ve made up for it.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 03:50 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Moving the goalposts. You asked for references, now you have them and the argument becomes “time to move the **** on.” Obviously there is nothing to be done about it now. But what we do here is talk about the team. And its what-ifs. I-fart should have been traded.

But with this Vonn Bell signing they’ve made up for it.

Okay.  He should have been traded.  You win.  There.  Happy now? 

Is talking about the team saying it once and leaving it at that?  Or is it beating the ever loving life out of the horse and then beating it some more?

Is talking about it saying it so much it becomes an actual slogan?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 03:57 PM)McC Wrote: Okay.  He should have been traded.  You win.  There.  Happy now? 

Is talking about the team saying it once and leaving it at that?  Or is it beating the ever loving life out of the horse and then beating it some more?

Is talking about it saying it so much it becomes an actual slogan?

I mentioned that he should have been traded IN THIS THREAD. Which is rather germane to the subject matter. And at the deadline last year. 

Show me where I've been beating it over the head or making it into a ***** slogan. If you can't do that, shut the **** up about it and move on.

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 05:12 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I mentioned that he should have been traded IN THIS THREAD. Which is rather germane to the subject matter. And at the deadline last year. 

Show me where I've been beating it over the head or making it into a ***** slogan. If you can't do that, shut the **** up about it and move on.

At last we agree on something.

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 05:12 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I mentioned that he should have been traded IN THIS THREAD. Which is rather germane to the subject matter. And at the deadline last year. 

No Germane is our MLB.....
Reply/Quote
7.75 million a year , yeah so long Tyler. Glad they didn't spend that much
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 05:22 PM)McC Wrote: At last we agree on something.

Pretty sure we agree this FA period has been an absolute bonanza. And that makes me happy. So let’s lay down our weapons.

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 07:51 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Pretty sure we agree this FA period has been an absolute bonanza. And that makes me happy. So let’s lay down our weapons.

Man, relax.  I was only messing with you, which I consider periodically worthwhile for someone riding a horse as high as yours.

This may be a seminal moment when you decide if you have a trace of a sense of humor or not.

No weapons here.

Reply/Quote