Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jake Butt injury
Well, Jake Butt may be available to us later on in the draft now. He tore his ACL in the bowl game against FSU. A shame, because he was a first round target for a lot of teams.
Reply/Quote
New meaning to Butt hurt.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Injury prone TEs are not my fav. This would be his second ACL
Reply/Quote
Pass on Butt. No pun intended. We already have one often injured, yet highly talented TE.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 11:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Pass on Butt.  No pun intended.  We already have one often injured, yet highly talented TE.

Wasn't he basically a late first to second round prospect before the injury? Now with an injury that will likely cause him to miss some time as well as a deep TE class I just don't see the need to take a risk on him before the 4th round.

Quite a few good TE prospects this year so I could see teams passing him up for a prospect that will be ready for the preseason.

If we decided we need a TE in the first 3 rounds sign me up for David Njoku in round 2-3.
Reply/Quote
If he falls to 3 jump On him he's a beast
Reply/Quote
Arguably the most complete TE in the draft, some have compared him to a young Witten. A smart team will grab him in the 3rd round. A team that has a veteran starter and can afford to wait for him to rehab. Bengals and Cowboys come to mind.
Reply/Quote
I would like to draft this guy just for the joke possibilities alone.

Looks like Butt is rounding into form
Marv needs to sit his Butt on the bench
The stadium could play Sir Mix Alot whenever he scores

He'd be the Butt of all the jokes.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 03:28 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I would like to draft this guy just for the joke possibilities alone.

*quietly enters locker room*  Andy says, "Hey guys, you smell something?".

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I feel awful for him, and as a side note I think these Universities that get rich at these bowl games should have an insurance policy for all the players that are being projected as anything higher than a 4th round selection.

With the Bengals extra picks in this year's draft, and the number of players that wouldn't likely start this year over the incumbents, I would absolutely use one of the Bengal's supplemental picks on Butt if he was there at the end of Round 4.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 03:28 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I would like to draft this guy just for the joke possibilities alone.

Yea butt Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 10:54 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I feel awful for him, and as a side note I think these Universities that get rich at these bowl games should have an insurance policy for all the players that are being projected as anything higher than a 4th round selection.

With the Bengals extra picks in this year's draft, and the number of players that wouldn't likely start this year over the incumbents, I would absolutely use one of the Bengal's supplemental picks on Butt if he was there at the end of Round 4.
He has a loss of value policy if he falls out of second round 
Reply/Quote