Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Jake Elliot hits a 61 yard game winner
Meanwhile Fat Randy is still shanking them.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/philadelphia-eagles/0ap3000000850551/Jake-Elliott-nails-a-61-yard-FG-to-win-the-game
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:58 PM)Gohards Wrote: Meanwhile Fat Randy is still shanking them.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/philadelphia-eagles/0ap3000000850551/Jake-Elliott-nails-a-61-yard-FG-to-win-the-game

Don't forget to post where Elliot missed a FG.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:58 PM)Gohards Wrote: Meanwhile Fat Randy is still shanking them.

Eh. One field goal doesn't define a kicker; consistency (one way or the other) is the measurement we use. I still feel we made the better choice with Bullock. We couldn't keep two kickers, and based on what we saw in the preseason, the right choice was made.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 11:04 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Don't forget to post where Elliot missed a FG.

Shhh, who cares if Elliott missed a FG, forcing them to have to try to win it with 1 second left. Self-introduced heroics are still heroics.   Ninja

Dude's missed two FG in two games. He's kicking 66.7% on the year. If he were on the Bengals doing that, people would be throwing human feces around the board like a pack of feral monkeys.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Good thing we kept bullock he was amazing in the preseason. I saw enough of his ass last yr give me the unknown especially since we drafted him. Hey maybof missed one but he made it when it counted. Bullock has proven he can't do that
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 11:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Shhh, who cares if Elliott missed a FG, forcing them to have to try to win it with 1 second left. Self-introduced heroics are still heroics.   Ninja

Dude's missed two FG in two games. He's kicking 66.7% on the year. If he were on the Bengals doing that, people would be throwing human feces around the board like a pack of feral monkeys.

J.Elliott 52 yard field goal is No Good, 

Made a 61 and missed a 52 yarder. Bullock has never made a 60 yard field goal in his life, 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 11:13 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: J.Elliott 52 yard field goal is No Good, 

Made a 61 and missed a 52 yarder. Bullock has never made a 60 yard field goal in his life, 

Okay? 66.7% is still 66.7%, man. He's missed a FG in each of the two NFL games he has played in.

Making a 61 yarder and shanking a 30 yarder doesn't really impress when it's all tallied together.

That's like gushing over Blake Bortles' ability to throw the football like 70 yards, but ignoring the fact that he can't throw it less than 20 with any kind of reasonable accuracy and at the end of the day he's still never had 60% completion in his career.

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 11:16 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Okay? 66.7% is still 66.7%, man. He's missed a FG in each of the two NFL games he has played in.

Making a 61 yarder and shanking a 30 yarder doesn't really impress when it's all tallied together.

He missed from 52 today, not 30
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 11:18 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: He missed from 52 today, not 30

He missed from 30 last week.

Reply/Quote
I seemed to be one of the few who was happy with the Elliott pick from the start, but I agree based on the competition we had in the offseason Bullock was the better kicker and still is at this stage. Consistency is what I want out of my kicker, a big leg is 2nd to that. If Elliot plays so well we never get another shot at him so be it, he was a 5th rounder and we can draft another one next year (Pinero or whatever the kid from Florida's name is has a big leg and could be a great pick). In all likelihood Elliott will be cut in 6 weeks or so when the Eagles kicker is healthy so if Bullock struggles we still may get Elliott back
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 11:16 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Okay? 66.7% is still 66.7%, man. He's missed a FG in each of the two NFL games he has played in.

That's like gushing over Blake Bortles' ability to throw the football like 70 yards, but ignoring the fact that he can't throw it less than 20 with any kind of reasonable accuracy and at the end of the day he's still never had 60% completion in his career.

That was a sweet kickoff out of bounds by fat randy after our nice momentum building opening TD drive. 

Then the morale killing missed fg. Classic fat randy.

Dude is a straight beast in training camp practice though.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 11:25 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: That was a sweet kickoff out of bounds by fat randy after our nice momentum building opening TD drive. 

Then the morale killing missed fg. Classic fat randy.

Dude is a straight beast in training camp practice though.

Yes, because when you're heading into the locker rooms with a 21-7 halftime lead over the Packers AT the Packers, that kick was the reason why the offense just shut down and the defense started playing like shit.

I'm not saying that Bullock was good today, I am saying he's not the reason we lost, and that Elliott isn't good either.

At the end of the day Bullock is kicking 80% this year, and Elliott is kicking 66.7%.

Reply/Quote
Even if Elliot makes ten 70 yarders you can't blame the Bengals for cutting him. We went with the kicker who performed better. That's the point of the kicking competition we whined for for years.

We are just cursed though.
Reply/Quote

He made the game winner while Round Randy missed.  Another way to look at it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Well, shocker here. Bullock misses a clutch field goal that would have won the game for us,
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 11:35 PM)McC Wrote: He made the game winner while Round Randy missed.  Another way to look at it.

They both missed earlier in the game and then came back later and made one. Folks clambering for a kicker that has already missed a couple FGs this year doesn't do a lot to impress me on their acumen. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 11:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They both missed earlier in the game and then came back later and made one. Folks clambering for a kicker that has already missed a couple FGs this year doesn't do a lot to impress me on their acumen. 

He makes the 48 yarder, there is no overtime, for a team desperately needing a win.  Gee, a kicker costing us a win.  Never heard that one before.  He's Nuge with a beer belly.  The belly is the problem.  It gets in the way on his follow through.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 11:43 PM)McC Wrote: He makes the 48 yarder, there is no overtime, for a team desperately needing a win.  Gee, a kicker costing us a win.  Never heard that one before.  He's Nuge with a beer belly.  The belly is the problem.  It gets in the way on his follow through.

You have no idea how the game would have played out if Bullock hits than 48 yarder and it has nothing to do with Jake Elliot being a mediocre kicker to date in the NFL. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 11:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Even if Elliot makes ten 70 yarders you can't blame the Bengals for cutting him. We went with the kicker who performed better.  That's the point of the kicking competition we whined for for years.

We are just cursed though.

We wanted a new kicker. We got one in the 5th round. 

Unsurprisingly a rookie kicker in his first training camp had a rougher start than a veteran in his what 6th or 7th training camp?

Go with the rookie we invested resources to acquire ? Or go with the proven choke artist vet? Easy call on a marv team. 
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 11:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You have no idea how the game would have played out if Bullock hits than 48 yarder and it has nothing to do with Jake Elliot being a mediocre kicker to date in the NFL. 
I know that if we had had three more points, we would have won in regulation.  I can do that math.  And that's not speculation, it's a fact.

He's played in what, seven, eight games and lost two of them.  Sparkling resume.

Oh and, Bullock has been a mediocre kicker and all the teams who have cut him would agree. Give me the younger mediocre kicker who can dial up a 61 yarder to win a division game every time..

Reply/Quote