Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Jake Elliot hits a 61 yard game winner
(09-24-2017, 11:46 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: We wanted a new kicker. We got one in the 5th round. 

Unsurprisingly a rookie kicker in his first training camp had a rougher start than a veteran in his what 6th or 7th training camp?

Go with the rookie we invested resources to acquire ? Or go with the proven choke artist vet? Easy call on a marv team. 

I hear ya.  I wanted Elliot but I can't get too upset that we had a competition and the picked the guy who did better. 

We aren't a kicker away from anything so we may as well have Elliot and Aguyo kicking it. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Oh ffs, people still byching about a ****ing kicker, who also missed a fg today like last week. And was bad in college his last two years in mid range.

Besides if Bullock made that field goal early in the 4th quarter, no one knows if Bengals would have won. Bengals would have kicked off and every play after that would have been different. Just cant simply say that 3 points would have been the win, when every single play after it would have been different for the rest of the quarter.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 11:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I hear ya.  I wanted Elliot but I can't get too upset that we had a competition and the picked the guy who did better. 

We aren't a kicker away from anything so we may as well have Elliot and Aguyo kicking it. 

Should never have been a competition. 

And you make a good point about being a kicker away though we were a kicker away from a win today.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 11:29 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yes, because when you're heading into the locker rooms with a 21-7 halftime lead over the Packers AT the Packers, that kick was the reason why the offense just shut down and the defense started playing like shit.

I'm not saying that Bullock was good today, I am saying he's not the reason we lost, and that Elliott isn't good either.

At the end of the day Bullock is kicking 80% this year, and Elliott is kicking 66.7%.

At the end of the day our 5th round pick set an nfl record for another team today. And while he has had 1 more opportunity he has as many FGs made as fat randy.

While the shitty vet we kept kicked off out of bounds after our strong start letting aaron start on the 40. And on our second possession of the 2nd half with a chance to kil their momentum and go up two scores. He pulled out a shotgun and blew off a bengal foot
Reply/Quote
Yea, this is why you go with the big leg over the journeyman who had a decent 4 game pre-season.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 11:57 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: At the end of the day our 5th round pick set an nfl record for another team today. And while he has had 1 more opportunity he has as many FGs made as fat randy.

While the shitty vet we kept kicked off out of bounds after our strong start letting aaron start on the 40. And on our second possession of the 2nd half with a chance to kil their momentum and go up two scores. He pulled out a shotgun and blew off a bengal foot

Choose a Kicker....

Preseason:
Kicker A, 57.1%
Kicker B, 60.0%
Kicker C, 85.7%

Regular Season:
Kicker A, 66.7%
Kicker B, 79.3%
Kicker C, 80.0%

- - - - - - -
Kicker A is Elliott.
Kicker B is Nugent in 2016.
Kicker C is Bullock

If you pick A, you're either being difficult, or you cheated and are being difficult.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 12:07 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Choose a Kicker....

Preseason:
Kicker A, 57.1%
Kicker B, 60.0%
Kicker C, 85.7%

Regular Season:
Kicker A, 66.7%
Kicker B, 79.3%
Kicker C, 80.0%

- - - - - - -
Kicker A is Elliott.
Kicker B is Nugent in 2016.
Kicker C is Bullock

If you pick A, you're either being difficult, or you cheated and are being difficult.

Option 5. The rookie we made the first kicker selected in the draft in round 5.

We build through the draft. We draft a kicker. Lets roll twith another vet retread proven to choke

I dont expect a rookie to come in and have no jitters in the first few months of his nfl career. 

Its a rookie kicker. There will be some growing pains. If we were not prepared to live through it we shouldnt have spent the draft capital investing in one
Reply/Quote
This is comical
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 12:53 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: This is comical

For so many reasons.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Helll I would take mike vanderjack over bullock he's plain awful
Reply/Quote
I think the irony here is that Bullock missed one that 'could' have won the game in regulation, and Elliot wins the game with a 61 yarder. The irony IS that isn't that just how things go for this team?

I think I just may join the FB 'Boycott the NFL' bandwagon that has nothing to do with the Bengals 0-3 start but everything to do with the foolishness going on with all the disrespect during the anthem and the preferential treatment that seems to get worse with the officiating and the media darlings and NFL management's favorite franchises.

I'm old school and it sickens me to watch an idiot like Beckhem crawling around in the end zone like a dog, and then carrying on mindlessly on the sideline after his touchdowns!

Good night Irene and I may stop in now and again, but I'll be double dog gone if I will spend another penny to support these prima donnas!!
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 12:41 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Its a rookie kicker. There will be some growing pains. If we were not prepared to live through it we shouldnt have spent the draft capital investing in one

77.9% kicker in college.
Poor kicker in practice.
60% kicker in preseason.
66.7% kicker in regular season.

At some point you just have to accept the abundant amount of signs that the kid isn't very good. Being drafted as the first kicker in the draft doesn't make him magically better, otherwise Robert Aguayo would be working on his HoF career instead of being jobless.

The Bengals, to their credit (but not too much because they still made the bad pick), held a fair competition which he lost, and cut their losses.

You're just looking for something to ***** about for the sake of bitching at this point. Or Randy F'd your girlfriend, or ran over your dog, and you're just executing a personal vendetta. Either way, Bullock isn't going to ever be a great kicker, but he's sure as hell better than both Elliott and Nugent.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 11:57 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: At the end of the day our 5th round pick set an nfl record for another team today. And while he has had 1 more opportunity he has as many FGs made as fat randy.

the mfer LOST HIS JOB IN PRESEASON! Get over it!! It's OVER!

Reply/Quote
Still think we should have just stuck it out with Elliot.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals should have stuck it out with Elliot. Why?

Ok... Bullock will probably have a better year this season, but I felt this was going to be another down year for thr Bengals. It would have given them time to work with a very talented kicker with a huge leg.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:58 PM)Gohards Wrote: Meanwhile Fat Randy is still shanking them.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/philadelphia-eagles/0ap3000000850551/Jake-Elliott-nails-a-61-yard-FG-to-win-the-game

Like I've been saying all along Elliott has more potential. We should have stuck with him and let him develop.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:58 PM)Gohards Wrote: Meanwhile Fat Randy is still shanking them.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/philadelphia-eagles/0ap3000000850551/Jake-Elliott-nails-a-61-yard-FG-to-win-the-game

Fat Randy also gave the Pack a short field after an opening drive TD with a kickoff out of bounds.  To be honest, Huber sucked ass on close of half of his kicks.  What is wrong with that guy?  
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 05:43 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Still think we should have just stuck it out with Elliot.

Didn't we all know all along they would make the wrong choice?  Buncha bumbling boobs running the Bengal circus.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
We probably should have stuck it out with Elliot or at least drafted the best kicker if you going to draft one that high anyway.

His fathers reaction was priceless....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 11:16 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Okay? 66.7% is still 66.7%, man. He's missed a FG in each of the two NFL games he has played in.

Making a 61 yarder and shanking a 30 yarder doesn't really impress when it's all tallied together.

That's like gushing over Blake Bortles' ability to throw the football like 70 yards, but ignoring the fact that he can't throw it less than 20 with any kind of reasonable accuracy and at the end of the day he's still never had 60% completion in his career.

Beware Josh Allen then in the upcoming draft lol. Same type of player. Big arm, great measurables, bad production against quality competition.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote