Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jake Fisher
Would you like to see him return? He was released by the bills
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2019, 12:11 PM)Trademark Wrote: Would you like to see him return? He was released by the bills

Released already? That's cause for concern.
Not really interested in bringing him back unless there was an injury to someone else and he's proven healthy.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2019, 12:11 PM)Trademark Wrote: Would you like to see him return? He was released by the bills

Was an OT, then a tight end, bring back as a Linebacker ?  Tongue
Reply/Quote
Nah, I think I'd pass on bringing Fisher back. We didn't offer him for a reason, the Bills now have cut him for a reason. I wish him well in his future endeavors, just not as a Bengal.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Nope. We laughed when he went there, they’d laugh if he came back. This is no longer Marvin’s team so hopefully laughing at the Bengals franchise will cease under ZTs watch. Just gotta figure out how to keep the Brown family locked in the basement.

Reply/Quote
Too bad about his health, but some things just aren't meant to be.  He looked like a competent NFL lineman the last time that I remember watching him.  
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2019, 04:45 PM)depthchart Wrote: Was an OT, then a tight end, bring back as a Linebacker ?  Tongue

Wouldn't hurt anything to let him try out as a TE.../FB   (imagine if he could be a Fullback)
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2019, 12:23 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Released already? That's cause for concern.
Not really interested in bringing him back unless there was an injury to someone else and he's proven healthy.

well they had already signed Kroft and just recently a few other actual TEs
Reply/Quote

I wouldn't mind if he was returned to college for a full refund..  "If not completely delighted return for a full refund with no questions asked."  Oh wait..that's a Kroger's product.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2019, 04:45 PM)depthchart Wrote: Was an OT, then a tight end, bring back as a Linebacker ?  Tongue

Hey now! Didn't you guys watch Hard Knocks '09? We only convert practice squad DE's to TE. I mean they both end in E, its only logical.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2019, 12:12 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: Hey now! Didn't you guys watch Hard Knocks '09? We only convert practice squad DE's to TE. I mean they both end in E, its only logical.

lol to be fair we were completely out of TEs at that point...    only rookie chase Coffman still recovering from an ankle injury (Bowl Game)   

but I bet Chris Harrington would have given it a go.
Reply/Quote
well kroft just broke his foot wonder if they give fisher another shot.
Reply/Quote
Can you consider 2nd rounders "busts"?

If so, Fisher was officially a bust. Luckily for him, he'll always be better than Ogbuehi.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2019, 07:12 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Can you consider 2nd rounders "busts"?

If so, Fisher was officially a bust. Luckily for him, he'll always be better than Ogbuehi.

you can... I don't know if fisher was ever healthy enough to hit expectations....     So definitely a bust overall...   But I give him a slight pass due to medical

(not as bad as Kenny irons)
Reply/Quote
No. Keep moving forward.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2019, 07:12 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Can you consider 2nd rounders "busts"?

Any 2nd rounder who isn't a good starter certainly didn't fulfill the expectations to the draft selection. To not actually become a starter would certainly be a bust for a 2nd round pick.

And, yes, he'll always be better than Ogbuehi.

Reply/Quote
I heard him on Sirius Radio before the draft and he has already dropped his weight to around 250 pounds.  

Would not be useful as an offensive lineman
Reply/Quote

Marvin might, but he is gone.  The first thing the New Coach did was unload OG-BOO & Fish.   Now we see Bills dump the Fish.  Watch for OG-BOO to get dumped wherever he went.  

Not Old Dey, it's NEW DEY.   GO BENGALS.  NEW DEY. 

If they weren't good before, and they can't make other teams, why would you want them back ?   If you want play-off wins for first time in 30 years, you have to say good-bye to some of these Bungles if you want to have winning Bengals.  The Bengals let go of Zeitler and Whitworth and put all their eggs in the Og & Fish experiment, and it was a disaster. The NEW GOAL is Blocking and Execution of Plays and Og & Fish were the first to be let go because they just don't fit. The goal is Blocking and Execution, not just adding some fat boys to fill out the roster.

We are in the process of seeing Marvin Favorites be handed their walking papers. Other teams not wanting them either says Bengals are moving in the right direction.... NEW DEY.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

I dunno, Og is taking 1st team reps at RT for the Jags over Jawaan Taylor right now. 
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2019, 03:36 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: you can... I don't know if fisher was ever healthy enough to hit expectations....     So definitely a bust overall...   But I give him a slight pass due to medical

(not as bad as Kenny irons)

So he was a Ki-Jana Carter, Kenny Irons, David Pollack, Jonathan Luigs style bust then?

Pollack actually flashed some potential, so maybe he deserves his own category. There was also high hopes for Dennis Weathersby, but that poor guy just wasn't meant to play football.

(05-26-2019, 03:37 AM)Whatever Wrote: I dunno, Og is taking 1st team reps at RT for the Jags over Jawaan Taylor right now. 

Yeah I heard about that. Condolences to Jags fans everywhere.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote