Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jake Fisher
What's the word on his injury?
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Heard somewhere that it was a bruise and that he'd probably be ready on Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2016, 11:20 AM)samhain Wrote: Heard somewhere that it was a bruise and that he'd probably be ready on Sunday.

Hope that is true.  I was a bit mystified when people were talking about knee injury, as I watched the replay of the contact that put him out, several times.  I did not see any direct contact to the knee, or him buckling in any sort of way that would appear to me to be a knee injury.  Bruise sounds plausible, as the contact seemed to be on the lower thigh, above the knee, and his foot did not appear to be anchored to the ground, at the moment of contact.

Either way, hope he's feeling better.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Need Jake to step up in a big way the remainder of season.

Would be one less need in off season if so.

Then could just grab the Ohio States Center in second round and use a boatload of the picks left on defensive line and LBers.

Maybe even sprinkle in a RB somewhere if the right one falls.

Even if Fischer does not prove worthy would still follow this blueprint.

Except would pick up a RT via FA, draft Center, and bolster defensive front with lions share of picks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Just don't throw him anymore passes.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2016, 03:09 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Need Jake to step up in a big way the remainder of season.

Then could just grab the Ohio States Center in second round and use a boatload of the picks left on defensive line and LBers.

Except would pick up a RT via FA, draft Center, and bolster defensive front with lions share of picks.

I like the way you think. Cool
Reply/Quote
Did you hear Lap say #70 may be better suited as a LT? Gosh I hope thats the case he implied he may be having trouble trying to make the switch to RT....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2016, 03:09 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Need Jake to step up in a big way the remainder of season.

Elfline (sp?) gave up 2 sacks to Michgan.  Center class in this draft is disappointing.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2016, 11:57 PM)Burma Wrote: Elfline (sp?) gave up 2 sacks to Michgan.  Center class in this draft is disappointing.
Pat Elflein, OSU center, is about the same caliber of center that the Bengals have too often employed -- missed blocks; motion and holding penalties; low snaps. He is definitely not a Nick Mangold. Personally I would pass on this pick.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2016, 01:25 AM)Derrick Wrote: Pat Elflein, OSU center, is about the same caliber of center that the Bengals have too often employed -- missed blocks; motion and holding penalties; low snaps. He is definitely not a Nick Mangold. Personally I would pass on this pick.
Did u only watch one game? He is on a line of 3 freshman having to compensate for their mistakes? Whenever zeitler has trouble we are quick to point out he has to compensate. bottom line he has played in 53 games as a 5th year player 3 time 1st team all big conference guard who moved to center this year by that's the position he will play. he is regarded as one of the best centers in the country. In his first year at center he is a finalist for the top center in the country. His game translates very well to the NFL. His run blocking will be elite at the NFL lever bc of his huge upper and lower body strength he gets off the line and has great leverage. His pass blocking is very solid. The one question in his game is his length he is great against bull rush. But questions remain about his ability against speed rushers. He has gone up against pretty dominant dts in his career and has always played well. But with Elflien, bodine, and zeitler we could have a great running game for hill imo. 
Reply/Quote