Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jake Fisher?
I didn't get a chance to watch the game, so....

How did Fisher look at RT? I'm assuming it went ok since I didn't see too many negative posts regarding his play.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 02:48 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I didn't get a chance to watch the game, so....

How did Fisher look at RT?  I'm assuming it went ok since I didn't see too many negative posts regarding his play.

I didn't pay much attention to him which means he wasn't horrible cause I would have noticed horribleness.

In fact during the game I was wondering what the hell Paul Alexander ever saw in Oggieboggie boy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
He was decent enough....shit ton better than what we've had. Just imagine how much better he could have been if we had been developing him all along.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
he did not whiff at blocks

I think most of the pressure on Dalton during the game came up the middle but I will stand to be corrected.

Very hard to understand why in the world they stuck with Og the whole season.

Even harder to understand why Bodine is still the center.
Reply/Quote
He gave up one pressure to shazier on the first play but after that nothing. He had a rating of 77 according to PFF.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I thought he did well and always thought he was the future at RT. Let's just get him in the weight room this off-season and put him on the Andre Smith Meal Plan.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 05:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I thought he did well and always thought he was the future at RT. Let's just get him in the weight room this off-season and put him on the Andre Smith Meal Plan.

Ditto........which begs the question, why was Ogbuehi out there to begin with?  To me, that should be a fireable offense by whoever made that decision.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 11:43 AM)bengals67 Wrote: he did not whiff at blocks

I think most of the pressure on Dalton during the game came up the middle but I will stand to be corrected.

Very hard to understand why in the world they stuck with Og the whole season.

Even harder to understand why Bodine is still the center.

Ogbuehi at RT has been worse than Bodine at C.
Bodine has improved...albeit it's been from bad to mediocre.

Also, when Ogbuehi was given the starting job, it's very possible that he actually was further along than Fisher.
People say why wasn't Fisher started sooner, but he might have been just as bad early in the year. We don't know for sure.

All I gotta say is I hope the RT spot improves and someone (whether Fisher or someone else) solidifies that spot in 2017.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
He did much better this week than last. The first half, he was extremely good. However, he also displayed some of the same technical issues. He continues to lunge and has had some iffy footwork. Also needs to continue to improve his hands. Although, he fights every play. Even when he's beat, he keeps going and tries to stay engaged rather than just getting in the way.

I always like Fisher at RT and thought he was a better pick than Ogbuehi. Ogbuehi has a higher ceiling and lower floor, but Fisher has potential to be very good as a RT. If he continues to develop, works on his lower body, and actually gets the nod to fully start (even this year), I think he will be solid for us.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 06:19 PM)Wyche Wrote: Ditto........which begs the question, why was Ogbuehi out there to begin with?  To me, that should be a fireable offense by whoever made that decision.

Coming out of college, Ogbuehi had some technical problems and needed coaching. He had little to no playing time last year and from my understanding they viewed Ogbuehi as the future LT.

Another reason why they may not have started Fisher over Ogbuehi is because they may have viewed Fisher as a replacement for Zeitler due to Fisher getting some snaps as a guard in college. While I have no proof of that, it would not surprise me if that was a thought.

Also it could be because they didn't want to hurt Ogbuehi's confidence by starting someone drafted later than him. Ogbuehi does have potential. He has a ton of qualities you want it a tackle. But his technique is lacking. His hands are his biggest issue, along with some lower body strength as he tends to have happy feet rather than anchor into the ground.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 06:59 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Coming out of college, Ogbuehi had some technical problems and needed coaching. He had little to no playing time last year and from my understanding they viewed Ogbuehi as the future LT.

Another reason why they may not have started Fisher over Ogbuehi is because they may have viewed Fisher as a replacement for Zeitler due to Fisher getting some snaps as a guard in college. While I have no proof of that, it would not surprise me if that was a thought.

Also it could be because they didn't want to hurt Ogbuehi's confidence by starting someone drafted later than him. Ogbuehi does have potential. He has a ton of qualities you want it a tackle. But his technique is lacking. His hands are his biggest issue, along with some lower body strength as he tends to have happy feet rather than anchor into the ground.

great analysis.  you know way more about this than me! Thanks!
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 06:59 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Coming out of college, Ogbuehi had some technical problems and needed coaching. He had little to no playing time last year and from my understanding they viewed Ogbuehi as the future LT.

Right, but like you alluded to in your prior post, Jake doesn't quit.  If Fisher had been splitting time with Winston all along, we may already have a better developed Fisher by now.  This is how I've viewed them since the draft, Fish at RT, Ogbuehi at LT.  If the kid gets his confidence hurt because we didn't want to play him out of position and he couldn't supplant Whit, (who the hell could?) then I am even more worried about him.

I realize what you're saying is speculation as far as the confidence goes, but this was a terrible decision in my opinion.  If they were concerned about his confidence, they could have simply explained his lack of preparation due to injury has him a year behind instead of getting Dalton and the RBs pancaked.  Seems to me, his terrible performance may be a bigger confidence buster than sitting the bench another year.  He was horrible.  Fisher is at least serviceable, Ogbuehi wasn't even that.

Reply/Quote
Fisher you can see becoming good. Bodine is not even close to good and had another poor outing. Really getting a legitimate Center has to be a top offseason priority. Fisher can be the RT with Winston there as needed. Resign Whit and have him tutor Og for at least a whole season.
Reply/Quote
Oggieboggie has potential flipping burgers. As for playing professional football I've seen enough to know. He has nothing that I want in a nfl tackle. The faster we move on the better
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 07:22 PM)Wyche Wrote: Right, but like you alluded to in your prior post, Jake doesn't quit.  If Fisher had been splitting time with Winston all along, we may already have a better developed Fisher by now.  This is how I've viewed them since the draft, Fish at RT, Ogbuehi at LT.  If the kid gets his confidence hurt because we didn't want to play him out of position and he couldn't supplant Whit, (who the hell could?) then I am even more worried about him.

I realize what you're saying is speculation as far as the confidence goes, but this was a terrible decision in my opinion.  If they were concerned about his confidence, they could have simply explained his lack of preparation due to injury has him a year behind instead of getting Dalton and the RBs pancaked.  Seems to me, his terrible performance may be a bigger confidence buster than sitting the bench another year.  He was horrible.  Fisher is at least serviceable, Ogbuehi wasn't even that.
I am betting that the decision to play Ogeebogee over Fisher in spite of the notion that neither was NFL ready came down from the mountain top. And NO ONE had the balls to disagree!!!!! So disgusting. Sick Same ol' same ol'.
Reply/Quote
I didn't notice him. He didn't run any routes.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 08:49 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Oggieboggie has potential flipping burgers.  As for playing professional football I've seen enough to know.  He has nothing that I want in a nfl tackle.  The faster we move on the better

That is exactly what everyone was saying about Andre Smith after his second season.

Also I feel sorry for people who can not learn how to spell Ogbuehi.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2016, 01:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That is exactly what everyone was saying about Andre Smith after his second season.

Also I feel sorry for people who can not learn how to spell Ogbuehi.

Andre was out of shape.....but I don't recall him ever looking as bad as Ogbuehi.  Og is one of the worst RTs I've ever seen....he quits on plays to boot.

Reply/Quote
The best we can hope for in 2017 is Whit back at LT and let Ogbuehi, Fisher and anyone else battle it out for the starting RT job. Maybe try those guys at Guard as well. Whit's time is almost done so shockingly, it may be that the Bengals have to grab another OT in this draft.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 06:19 PM)Wyche Wrote: Ditto........which begs the question, why was Ogbuehi out there to begin with?  To me, that should be a fireable offense by whoever made that decision.

1st Round investment over a 2nd round investment....       Ogb was ready to play at the end of last year.   Not everyone can switch sides that well I guess. and they wanted to get him on the field to develop without benching whitworth.
Reply/Quote