Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dunlap Skipping OTAs and Workouts
(06-07-2018, 10:08 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: How so?

Its completely feasible for anyone to do it. Strahan wasn't some legendary pass-rusher, like LT, Reggie White, Kevin Greene or even DWare, but he was in the second tier, with the Dolemans, the Leslie O'Neals and the Richard Dents: Dunlap is in that same group from an ability standpoint and when luck FINALLY goes his way, the 30 times a year he gets his hands on a QB, only for him to slip out, will FINALLY turn into sacks.

If it was an MJ situation where he was getting stonewalled constantly, I can see the comment as preposterous, but the difference is that Dunlap ACTUALLY GETS TO THE QB lol.

Time will tell though; being a contract year, if he doesn't get signed before the season, we can all expect a blow-up.

But I'm hoping he gets signed (sorry for all the caps).

Dunlap has had double digit sacks ONCE in 8 seasons.

I just don’t see it happening for Carlos. Would love to be wrong though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2018, 10:30 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dunlap has had double digit sacks ONCE in 8 seasons.

I just don’t see it happening for Carlos. Would love to be wrong though.

I know; that's the knock.

But, if luck fell his way half the time, he'd be posting 13+ sacks year in, year out.

We've all seen how many times a game he grabs Ben or somebody and they get the ball out before being taken down.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2018, 10:57 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Well we also drafted Jordan Willis and Carl Lawson. So it seems like the team is prepared to let Dunlap walk if he doesn't accept their offer. Geno has all the negotiating power right now since all we have behind him is Andrew Brown.
I certainly hope the team is not looking at Carlos like that.   None of those guys has the overall track record that Carolos has.  He is a well rounded end that can rush, hold the edge, stop runners with those long arms and bat down balls.

I like Willis and Lawson a lot, but they are not his caliber yet - especially considering the year after year performance.

And Hubbard has done absolutely nothing and was not considered good enough to be taken before the 3rd round.

They need to do what it takes to sign him and Geno - or we'll have a defensive collapse on a par of letting Whit and Zeitler go.

I don't think it will happen.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2018, 10:08 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: How so?

Its completely feasible for anyone to do it. Strahan wasn't some legendary pass-rusher, like LT, Reggie White, Kevin Greene or even DWare, but he was in the second tier, with the Dolemans, the Leslie O'Neals and the Richard Dents: Dunlap is in that same group from an ability standpoint and when luck FINALLY goes his way, the 30 times a year he gets his hands on a QB, only for him to slip out, will FINALLY turn into sacks.

If it was an MJ situation where he was getting stonewalled constantly, I can see the comment as preposterous, but the difference is that Dunlap ACTUALLY GETS TO THE QB lol.

Time will tell though; being a contract year, if he doesn't get signed before the season, we can all expect a blow-up.

But I'm hoping he gets signed (sorry for all the caps).

I agree with you Truck. Dunlap just needs to finish once he gets to the QB and he very well could set records.

He is always around the QB it seems.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2018, 10:36 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I know; that's the knock.

But, if luck fell his way half the time, he'd be posting 13+ sacks year in, year out.

We've all seen how many times a game he grabs Ben or somebody and they get the ball out before being taken down.

I think he's perfectly capable of getting the record if everyone stays healthy, and the offense scores enough that opposing teams have to pass on us. Like he said, when it's him, MJ, Geno and Lawson coming.... who are you going to double??? They pretty much have to double Geno....
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2018, 03:53 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I think he's perfectly capable of getting the record if everyone stays healthy, and the offense scores enough that opposing teams have to pass on us. Like he said, when it's him, MJ, Geno and Lawson coming.... who are you going to double??? They pretty much have to double Geno....

Forcing the other team to play from behind a lot will definitely help his chances at getting the record.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2018, 10:36 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I know; that's the knock.

And in the days of high/low/leaving feet shots?  His totals would be so much higher.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Not sure if brought up... But dunlap is back in town
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2018, 04:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hubbard was drafted to replace MJ.

You don't just replace a player of Dunlap's stature.

Nate, I agree with you, in that Dunlap is not an easily replaceable piece.

My comment was as to whether Dunlap may feel that the Hubbard choice was a leverage move against him. 
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2018, 11:04 AM)XsandOs Wrote: Nate, I agree with you, in that Dunlap is not an easily replaceable piece.

My comment was as to whether Dunlap may feel that the Hubbard choice was a leverage move against him. 

Kind of figured thats what you meant. Doesn't sound like it though with Dunlap saying they are getting close on a deal.

MJ is the guy who should be worried as he is overpaid for the production he brings and cannot cover a lick like Hubbard can.

Plus Hubbard has much more bend then MJ and is not just a walking tree that only brings pass rush from the DT position.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2018, 10:53 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Not sure if brought up... But dunlap is back in town

Yay. He's ready to work.

Reply/Quote