Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jake Fisher Signs
Just saw in twitter.
Now ESPN and Bleacher report just hit up my phone with it.

Yup yup.
Bengals official Twitter also.

Pretty Excited about this pick. The guy comes from an uptempo offense. Ducks Ran more plays during a College game than any other teams while Fisher was there.

I really think he is conditioned more so than a normal O-line rookie.
Reply/Quote
Tiger

Good to hear, thanks for the news.
Reply/Quote
Welcome Jake.Tiger
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
potential at all 5 positions. He will be first OL up at most of them. Probably see all the jumbo snaps as well. Hell of an athlete.
We seemed to have made a philosophy change to a true ZBS up front. We added a lot of athletes over the last few years.
Reply/Quote
Tiger I've got an inkling that he's going to be real hard to keep off the field on Sundays, and I'm not talkin' as an extra TE on running plays.

Something also tells me that if Andre Smith doesn't have a stellar OTA's/TC, that he could find himself traded/released.

I also think the Bengals have Ogbuehi slated to replace Whit...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm really excited to see what Fisher can do. I agree that he may find his way into the starting line up this year. It'll be interesting to see if Boling or Zeitler get some snaps at center and see if they can handle the job. Then Fisher could start off as a guard.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 04:06 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: potential at all 5 positions. He will be first OL up at most of them. Probably see all the jumbo snaps as well. Hell of an athlete.
We seemed to have made a philosophy change to a true ZBS up front. We added a lot of athletes over the last few years.

I have been thinking the same thing. These last few players are a lot different than
what we have went after in the past, maulers. Fisher and Obewi are great athletes.

Different philosophy no doubt. Might be a great thing with the way the game seems
to be changing and with our new talented RB's.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 10:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote:
I have been thinking the same thing. These last few players are a lot different than
what we have went after in the past, maulers. Fisher and Obewi are great athletes.

Different philosophy no doubt. Might be a great thing with the way the game seems
to be changing and with our new talented RB's.

Fits Hill's running style. He's a one cut go type. Reads the blocks then puts his foot down and goes.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 11:03 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Fits Hill's running style. He's a one cut go type. Reads the blocks then puts his foot down and goes.

Very true. I love the fit, look for a big year from Hill if he is used correctly.

The Fisher pick could easily be the best pick in the Draft and i loved the Dawson,
Shaw, Hardison and Alford picks tons.

Cool
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2015, 03:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote:
Very true. I love the fit, look for a big year from Hill if he is used correctly.

The Fisher pick could easily be the best pick in the Draft and i loved the Dawson,
Shaw, Hardison and Alford picks tons.

Cool

If these picks pan out the way they should. This may have been one of the best drafts ever. Assuming they work out this is a top ten draft
[Image: 2qGWGd.png]
Reply/Quote
Whitworth 2.0.....he even looks like a younger Whit. I dig it.
[Image: sig2.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 04:06 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: potential at all 5 positions. He will be first OL up at most of them. Probably see all the jumbo snaps as well. Hell of an athlete.

Yeah that's valuable versatility. How many teams have a quality young backup they can pay a little over a million for four years? He will eventually start, but he has amazing value. The holding calls worry me a bit. He has good technique for the most part so you wonder if some of them were due to need vs stronger run defenders. They will release Eifert a lot, so RT may not be an ideal fit. I think he'd be a great LG and luxury to move to tackle if there is an injury. Either way, you can't debate his value in the 2nd.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 05:18 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Tiger  I've got an inkling that he's going to be real hard to keep off the field on Sundays, and I'm not talkin' as an extra TE on running plays.

Something also tells me that if Andre Smith doesn't have a stellar OTA's/TC, that he could find himself traded/released.

I also think the Bengals have Ogbuehi slated to replace Whit...

I'd want at least a 3rd round pick for Andre Smith. If it wasn't a contract year, I'd want a 2nd round pick.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 05:26 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'm really excited to see what Fisher can do. I agree that he may find his way into the starting line up this year. It'll be interesting to see if Boling or Zeitler get some snaps at center and see if they can handle the job. Then Fisher could start off as a guard.

Creative thinking. I like it. Get the best five out there.

When it's all said and done, which of these rookies ends up at LT? I've seen it said both ways. Hobs, if I'm not mistaken, sees Fisher at LT. Other people say it'll be Ced. I wonder if it's a situation that is yet to play out or if Marvin already has that plan in his mind.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(05-22-2015, 07:48 PM)McC Wrote: Creative thinking.  I like it.  Get the best five out there.

When it's all said and done, which of these rookies ends up at LT?  I've seen it said both ways.  Hobs, if I'm not mistaken, sees Fisher at LT.  Other people say it'll be Ced.  I wonder if it's a situation that is yet to play out or if Marvin already has that plan in his mind.

From what i have seen of the 2 Fisher is the best fit at LT.

Obuehi should be our future RT.

But what is so nice with these guys is they can play both positions.
Reply/Quote