Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jamaal Charles Released
If he can pass a physical, I would be for adding him to replace Gio's role. I'm a Gio fan (even though he was crap in 2016), but I think from a pure talent standpoint, Charles is probably #1 among RBs in the NFL. Would love to give him 150-180 carries, and 50 catches. Hurt the last two years, but just so much talent and ability there. Also from a Mike Brown standpoint, I can't imagine him costing a ton.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2017, 06:07 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If he can pass a physical, I would be for adding him to replace Gio's role. I'm a Gio fan (even though he was crap in 2016), but I think from a pure talent standpoint, Charles is probably #1 among RBs in the NFL. Would love to give him 150-180 carries, and 50 catches. Hurt the last two years, but just so much talent and ability there. Also from a Mike Brown standpoint, I can't imagine him costing a ton.

I'd be for it if healthy....but we only have a dollar fifty and some envelopes to play with in cap money here.....so probably no dice.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2017, 08:16 PM)Wyche Wrote:
I'd be for it if healthy....
but we only have a dollar fifty and some envelopes to play with in cap money here.....so probably no dice.

There has to be a real reason.  I wonder what his real medical report entails?  But, absolutely would love to bring him in.  Cut Hill, pair him as the one-two with Gio, have Rex as the change of pace.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
They just didn't let him go for no reason. I would be VERY leery of taking a chance.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2017, 08:16 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'd be for it if healthy....but we only have a dollar fifty and some envelopes to play with in cap money here.....so probably no dice.

(03-01-2017, 09:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: There has to be a real reason.  I wonder what his real medical report entails?  But, absolutely would love to bring him in.  Cut Hill, pair him as the one-two with Gio, have Rex as the change of pace.

(03-01-2017, 09:48 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: They just didn't let him go for no reason.  I would be VERY leery of taking a chance.

Of course that's why the very first words I typed were.. "If he can pass a phyiscal".

At least part of the reason why KC cut him was salary-based. They just made Berry the highest paid safety in the league ($13m/yr), and they're tagging Poe ($14.77m). Charles had a $2.2m roster bonus coming up with a $250,000 workout bonus as well. Zero dead money by cutting him, so they saved just under $6.2m in cap space by cutting him, likely to be put towards the $27.77m+ cap hit that Berry and Poe are going to cause in 2017.

Reply/Quote
From CBS Sports:

The Chiefs released Charles (knee) on Tuesday via the Failed Physical designation.

In the minutes that followed Charles' axing from the Chiefs' roster, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reported that the running back was healthy, but the official documentation from the league says otherwise. Indeed, Charles is hopeful that he'll be "100 percent for offseason training," per Terez A. Paylor of The Kansas City Star, following the arthroscopic procedures on both knees last season. Although the more serious of the ailments was a torn meniscus in his right knee, Charles will likely have to pass a battery of tests, including a physical, before another organization rolls the dice with the 30-year-old.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2017, 10:51 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: From CBS Sports:

The Chiefs released Charles (knee) on Tuesday via the Failed Physical designation.

In the minutes that followed Charles' axing from the Chiefs' roster, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reported that the running back was healthy, but the official documentation from the league says otherwise. Indeed, Charles is hopeful that he'll be "100 percent for offseason training," per Terez A. Paylor of The Kansas City Star, following the arthroscopic procedures on both knees last season. Although the more serious of the ailments was a torn meniscus in his right knee, Charles will likely have to pass a battery of tests, including a physical, before another organization rolls the dice with the 30-year-old.

Thanks for the info, and ouch.

So I upgrade my "if he can pass a physical" to a "if he can pass an extremely thorough physical". Lol

Reply/Quote
As much as I like Jamaal Charles, he's past his prime. Too dinged up and now 30 years old.
The Bengals already mentioned they plan to draft a RB. They have Gio and Hill.
They won't bring in a 30 year old dinged up RB, at least not until midseason and they think it would help for a postseason run.
I'd rather roll the dice on some different veteran RB that hasn't had as many injuries. Sure, Charles could pass a physical now, but with his tendency to get hurt, I'd rather not.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2017, 06:07 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If he can pass a physical, I would be for adding him to replace Gio's role. I'm a Gio fan (even though he was crap in 2016), but I think from a pure talent standpoint, Charles is probably #1 among RBs in the NFL. Would love to give him 150-180 carries, and 50 catches. Hurt the last two years, but just so much talent and ability there. Also from a Mike Brown standpoint, I can't imagine him costing a ton.

A definate :andy:

I approve. Charles is great when healthy. We wouldn't of had a RB this talented since Dillon.

Sure, he is older but missing that much time might help actually.

Charles is great in the running and passing game, just what we need. With our RB situation i would do it.
Reply/Quote
You want to replace a young Gio, with an old always injured RB? I don't get it.
[Image: sig2.jpg]
Reply/Quote