Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jamal Adams
Appearently he is open to a trade? I think he is a good fit for the team but we have Vonn Bell already plus I think the Bengals really want to sign Bates to a long term deal after the season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
While he is a talent, the Jets will want way too much for him, and rightfully so!!! I would rather go with Bell/Bates/Williams for this season and then draft a safety in next years draft. The safety position is actually quite good next year and someone will be there in rd 3. We need to save draft capital to upgrade the O-line,(Guard) and maybe TE. Guys I like:

1) Andre Cisco-Syracuse

2) Richard LeCounte-UGA

3) Jacoby Stevens-LSU

4) Ar'Darius Washington-TCU

5) Caden Sterns- Texas

-one of these guys should be there in rd 3, and would be an excellent option to be Williams replacement, as I see us trying to extend Bates.
Reply/Quote
Adams gave a list of seven teams he’s willing to go to, Bengals weren’t on it. He’s already a malcontent, forcing him to be on another team he doesn’t want to be on isn’t going to improve that. Pass.
Reply/Quote
Agree on the pass.

Bates is up soon and Bell is still pretty young. Williams can still contribute and Wilson may improve. We are OK at S.

Plus, we'd have to pay him $15 mil to keep him. I'd rather that cash goes to AJ/Mixon and/or kept in reserve to re-sign Bates, WJ3, Alexander, Lawson, Tupou, Ross, and Bynes, who I believe are all up after this year. Not saying all should be re-signed, but hopefully they are all worthy.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2020, 06:54 PM)J24 Wrote: Appearently he is open to a trade? I think he is a good fit for the team but we have Vonn Bell already plus I think the Bengals really want to sign Bates to a long term deal after the season.

Not open to a trade.  Demanded a trade.  As has already been stated, we are not on his list of desired destinations, so don't bother to give up a good prospect and/or high picks for a guy who will still want to leave.  It would be one thing to do that if we were on the cusp of a title, but we are not.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2020, 04:47 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Agree on the pass.

Bates is up soon and Bell is still pretty young. Williams can still contribute and Wilson may improve. We are OK at S.

Plus, we'd have to pay him $15 mil to keep him. I'd rather that cash goes to AJ/Mixon and/or kept in reserve to re-sign Bates, WJ3, Alexander, Lawson, Tupou, Ross, and Bynes, who I believe are all up after this year. Not saying all should be re-signed, but hopefully they are all worthy.

Agreed...we dont need a high $ malcontent signing when we already seem to have a solid Safety group. The $ should be used on Mixon, and the rest of what we want to retain. Id rather see us make a deal with Warford or Peters than Adams.  
Reply/Quote