That 50 yd strike from Burrow was a thing of beauty
But I rewatched his 1st down catches
The guy was getting some nice YAC breaking
Arm tackles after the catch. And that 1st catch was
A great job by him of getting both hands on the ball
And sensing when exactly he had to get both feet down in bounds
Great throw by JB on.that too
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 05:27 PM)impactplaya Wrote: That 50 yd strike from Burrow was a thing of beauty
But I rewatched his 1st down catches
The guy was getting some nice YAC breaking
Arm tackles after the catch. And that 1st catch was
A great job by him of getting both hands on the ball
And sensing when exactly he had to get both feet down in bounds
Great throw by JB on.that too

I thought the major thing he did right was the separation he was getting. Some of these guys can only turn it on when it's the real deal it seems...
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 06:39 PM)Tony Wrote: I thought the major thing he did right was the separation he was getting. Some of these guys can only turn it on when it's the real deal it seems...

Most of his "separation" that you speak of sure looked a lot like zone coverage to me.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
He’s supposed to bully dbs from the LOS to help him get separation too. Isn’t he also fairly young so there’s room to grow too?
Reply/Quote
Jimmy Johnson gave him a backhanded compliment on TV claiming Chase "only has one move and it's downfield speed" but he does that well... whaaaatt? Shocked
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 07:09 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Jimmy Johnson gave him a backhanded compliment on TV claiming Chase "only has one move and it's downfield speed" but he does that well...   whaaaatt? Shocked

To be fair, Jimmy said you don't need moves when you have that kind of speed. Might've been a bit tongue in cheek.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 07:11 PM)Wyche Wrote: To be fair, Jimmy said you don't need moves when you have that kind of speed. Might've been a bit tongue in cheek.

That was it, but the follow up to not having any moves.

Seemed kinda backhanded to me.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I agree with the OP. Chase looked the part and did pretty much everything well. Overall after one game, he looks like a legit top 5 pick.
Reply/Quote