Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jamarr Chase
(03-27-2023, 11:47 PM)Go Cards Wrote: This is a very minor infraction after they try to injure his teammate. 

He who did not spontaneously do or say anything that others found wrong in their youth please cast the first stone.  

If it was the only minor infraction, eh it's no big deal. But it's this, the mouthpiece grabbing, the taunting in Kansas City. It's actually a pattern of behavior. 

Again, if it was just a one off thing like what happened when A.J. Green went off against Ramsey, you can explain it away and it's no worries but when this shit keeps happening, at some point we are defending our own version of Antonio Brown. He's young, maybe he cleans it up but it really looks like it is going the other way.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2023, 12:18 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I think dude hates Ja’Marr more than that crazy ex that keeps popping up. :lol:

(03-28-2023, 12:51 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If it was the only minor infraction, eh it's no big deal. But it's this, the mouthpiece grabbing, the taunting in Kansas City. It's actually a pattern of behavior. 

Again, if it was just a one off thing like what happened when A.J. Green went off against Ramsey, you can explain it away and it's no worries but when this shit keeps happening, at some point we are defending our own version of Antonio Brown. He's young, maybe he cleans it up but it really looks like it is going the other way.

Case in point. :lol:

Imagine comparing a player like Ja’Marr to one of the biggest head cases the league has ever seen because he flipped a hated division rival the bird, or took a taunting penalty after his teammate scored (can’t even call that ego) in response to Justin Reid running his mouth about said teammate.

The mouthpiece grabbing he shouldn’t do, but AB?? C’mon now. AB was a problem child in that Pittsburgh locker room to the point he even butted heads with Tomlin.

I can’t even imagine Ja’Marr ever disrespecting Zac like that. He’s got too much respect for both his QB and his HC for that kind of nonsense.

There’s a big difference between letting your emotions run a bit too high at times, and being a completely unhinged diva.

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 11:51 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Not to mention them pile driving Kenny Anderson head first into the field as everybody was walking back to the huddle and separating his shoulder. Ended the Bengals season and  then standing over him pointing and laughing with that toothless grin. 

Glad we finally have a team that does not cowher down to the steelers anymore.
Or when Keith Gary tried to legitimately twist Kenny's head off.

Grrrrr....

[Image: 427e4b0479e559cd9d97cf648d4599a7.jpg]

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2023, 12:18 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I think dude hates Ja’Marr more than that crazy ex that keeps popping up. LOL

If you are referring to me then no - I am a Chase fan as I have stated many times before. I just think there are a hundred other Chase plays/moments that would be better/classier to paint than this one.

I get why fans might like it due to all of the past cheap shots that were brought up but do you really think Chase knows or even cares about any of them?
Flipping him off isn’t that huge deal for a young player I just don’t get why anyone would want a painting of that moment.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2023, 06:13 AM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: If you are referring to me then no - I am a Chase fan as I have stated many times before. I just think there are a hundred other Chase plays/moments that would be better/classier to paint than this one.

I get why fans might like it due to all of the past cheap shots that were brought up but do you really think Chase knows or even cares about any of them?
Flipping him off isn’t that huge deal for a young player I just don’t get why anyone would want a painting of that moment.

No, I was referring to the guy who literally made an anti-Chase sig at one point, and has had an irrational hatred of him going back to all the draft squabbles.

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2023, 07:02 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No, I was referring to the guy who literally made an anti-Chase sig at one point, and has had an irrational hatred of him going back to all the draft squabbles.

Got it - my bad!
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2023, 06:13 AM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: If you are referring to  me then no - I am a Chase fan as I have stated many times before. I just think there are a hundred other Chase plays/moments that would be better/classier to paint than this one.

Yeah, he does, they all do. They are all aware of the Pissburgh/Cincinnati rivalry games and how dirty they have been. The coaches are not going to let them go into a game not knowing what to expect. And I am quite sure the players who have been around awhile also let them know. Marvin even used to tell the players about it being a "double chin strap" game. And I know Mike Brown even addresses the team before Cleveland games about that particular rivalry. That said, I'm sure Fitzpatrick was running his mouth at Chase, and that's why he got the double bird. 
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 05:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't know it Ja'Marr's new artwork has been posted

[Image: 337353043_2172475216474656_8311819064089...e=6427C6B3]

Glad he's not holding a gun.  What is he smoking an imaginary cigar?  Is he thinking, two fingers, double bird?  It's good art.  Makes you think.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2023, 01:30 PM)Doin the Shuffle Wrote: Glad he's not holding a gun.  What is he smoking an imaginary cigar?  Is he thinking, two fingers, double bird?  It's good art.  Makes you think.

What? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 11:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: To me it's not about the player, it's about the message. Any Bengals player could have done that and I'd dig it. To me it's saying:

FU Kimo von Oelhoffen and your hit on Carson's knee

FU Joey Porter and you and your punk crew jumping Levi Jones in Vegas

FU Hines Ward and your cheapshot on Keith Rivers

FU Joey Porter for running on the field as a coach

FU Terence Garvin and you cheap hit on a punter

FU JuJu for dancing on our logo

FU Pittsburgh for thinking this is still your Division.

Well said. Screw'em!Mad
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2023, 11:25 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, he does, they all do. They are all aware of the Pissburgh/Cincinnati rivalry games and how dirty they have been. The coaches are not going to let them go into a game not knowing what to expect. And I am quite sure the players who have been around awhile also let them know. Marvin even used to tell the players about it being a "double chin strap" game. And I know Mike Brown even addresses the team before Cleveland games about that particular rivalry. That said, I'm sure Fitzpatrick was running his mouth at Chase, and that's why he got the double bird. 

Like I said, Fitzpatrick was head hunting Boyd and Tee that day and Chase didn't like it.

Talking shit is one thing, but trying to take out his fellow WR's with dirty, head hunting hits is quite another.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2023, 01:30 PM)Doin the Shuffle Wrote: Glad he's not holding a gun.  What is he smoking an imaginary cigar?  Is he thinking, two fingers, double bird?  It's good art.  Makes you think.

Why would he be holding a gun?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2023, 02:04 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Why would he be holding a gun?

That post baffled me as well...WTF
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2023, 12:51 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If it was the only minor infraction, eh it's no big deal. But it's this, the mouthpiece grabbing, the taunting in Kansas City. It's actually a pattern of behavior. 

Antonio Brown ? 

Wow !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Sometimes dudes hold guns to look tough.  Ja'marr looks tough without holding a gun.  I think it's remarkable given those bringing his maturity and character into question.
Reply/Quote

Neighbors were playing with Nerf Guns?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2023, 06:13 AM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: If you are referring to  me then no - I am a Chase fan as I have stated many times before. I just think there are a hundred other Chase plays/moments that would be better/classier to paint than this one.

As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I personally wouldn't want a picture of Ja'Marr Chase catching a ball in my house (I know "why would Ja'Marr Chase be catching a ball in my house").

Ja'Marr might not know of them all, but I do and art speaks to the viewer. Do you think Mona Lisa knew what her portrait would say? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 11:15 PM)Go Cards Wrote: I will hang it up in garage if they make copies and buy one for my local bar to hang as well. 

Yet I do hope Jamarr does not make a habit of these sort antics and lets his play do his talking.

Understand his spontaneous reaction against the cheap shot steelers though and it's an instant classic in my book.  

I'll take it as a one off. Like when AJ put the paws on Jalen Ramsey.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2023, 03:26 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Antonio Brown ? 

Wow !

Everyone remembers what AB became, but not how it started.

He wasn't a real headcase his first few years in the league, it was a lot of small things early on. Talking about how great he was going to be and even his 3rd or 4th season it was the comment to a defender in practice about him "being the franchise"

His real problems in the locker room began in 2018, his 8th year in the league. Part of that I think is due to no one stepping in and getting him in check. The fans celebrating everything he did and it just inflated that ego to crazy levels. TO was the same way. In the league several years and then started to become more and more unhinged. Hell Chad Johnson, we all loved and he kinda just went further and further all the way to headbutting his fiance. 

I just like guys like AJ Green, Larry Fitzgerald, those type of elite guys who don't need to talk about how great they are or do things to hurt the team. Just go play and be great. Stop all the other nonsense, because it becomes a trend.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2023, 06:36 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Everyone remembers what AB became, but not how it started.

He wasn't a real headcase his first few years in the league, it was a lot of small things early on. Talking about how great he was going to be and even his 3rd or 4th season it was the comment to a defender in practice about him "being the franchise"

His real problems in the locker room began in 2018, his 8th year in the league. Part of that I think is due to no one stepping in and getting him in check. The fans celebrating everything he did and it just inflated that ego to crazy levels. TO was the same way. In the league several years and then started to become more and more unhinged. Hell Chad Johnson, we all loved and he kinda just went further and further all the way to headbutting his fiance. 

I just like guys like AJ Green, Larry Fitzgerald, those type of elite guys who don't need to talk about how great they are or do things to hurt the team. Just go play and be great. Stop all the other nonsense, because it becomes a trend.

and marijuana is a gateway drug as well. 

Comparing Antonio Brown to T.O. and Ocho is a stretch as well imho. Not a big fan of the showboating either, but that genie is out of the bottle already and probably is beyond getting corked.  AB went way beyond that though and not a good comparison. 

Would add that there are many examples of non showboating players making bad off field decisions as well. Don't agree with Chad head butting a woman or any man striking a woman for that matter and have always been critical of these acts on the boards

Just don't think Ocho's moth to a flame personality for the NFL spotlight was the root of him making that poor decision. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote