Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jamarr Chase is the rare 2nd year player that doesn’t have much to work on
(05-07-2022, 08:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Don't mean to take this thread off on a tangent, but plays like that have a hidden value.  If you just show it once or twice a game the defense has to be ready for it every single time.  It can effect the way they play the entire game.

Totally, get that and a reverse or sweep play here or there is fine but that was not the case with Samuel.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2022, 08:42 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I have no desire to see Chase being used running the ball out of the backfield. Let him stretch defenses and continue to create mismatches and double teams.

Agree but saw the value of him doing so. It was jaw-dropping watching defensive players struggle to tackle him. He slipped out of so many tackles it was like Houdini playing. More so than Mixon!

Not sure it’s a low center of gravity or something he does to be extra slippery but it’s fun to watch.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2022, 12:14 PM)Whacked Wrote: Agree but saw the value of him doing so. It was jaw-dropping watching defensive players struggle to tackle him. He slipped out of so many tackles it was like Houdini playing. More so than Mixon!

Not sure it’s a low center of gravity or something he does to be extra slippery but it’s fun to watch.

This is a comparison of completely different players. Mixon is a RB, not to mention an outstanding one, and is built as such. While the body type you mention is fun to watch due to being elusive it does not come with the ability to punish anyone that is attempting to tackle them. These are different animals.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2022, 09:49 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Sure, but in their 3 playoff games Deebo ran 27 times (for 137 yards) and caught 10 passes (for 154 yards). Ja'Marr Chase in his 4 playoff games caught 25 passes (for 368 yards) and ran 6 times (for 32 yards). Even if you look at targets rather than catches, Deebo produced 291 yards on 41 plays versus Chase producing 400 yards on 41 plays. Running backs are just simply less valuable than a top tier #1 WR.

Well said TLL. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2022, 12:14 PM)Whacked Wrote: Agree but saw the value of him doing so. It was jaw-dropping watching defensive players struggle to tackle him. He slipped out of so many tackles it was like Houdini playing. More so than Mixon!

Chase has great balance.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2022, 10:08 AM)OSUfan Wrote: Totally, get that and a reverse or sweep play here or there is fine but that was not the case with Samuel.

Samuel was used as a regular running threat.

While I don't think we need to do that with Chase I do like the idea of having a WR run the ball a couple of times a games.  Even if they are not big gaines they will keep the defense honest.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2022, 03:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote:  Samuel was used as a regular running threat.

While I don't think we need to do that with Chase I do like the idea of having a WR run the ball a couple of times a games.  Even if they are not big gaines they will keep the defense honest.

Normally I would disagree but Chase is really tough. I can understand the thought.
Reply/Quote