Poll: Would you want the Bengals to sign Jameis Winston as backup QB?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jameis Winston for backup QB 2021
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but how would you feel about the Bengals signing Jameis Winston as backup QB next season?
Reply/Quote
Yes. He’s probably my #1 preference. Especially if we can get him dirt cheap like what he got from the Saints.

Sure he turns the ball over a ton, but he can also sling it down the field as well as anyone. If Burrow isn’t ready week one I’d feel better having Jameis than some absolute scrub who limits what we can do offensively.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2021, 04:15 PM)mas_fuerte Wrote: Not sure if this has been posted yet, but how would you feel about the Bengals signing Jameis Winston as backup QB next season?

I like Allen tbh. 
Reply/Quote
Also why is this moved out of JN? It’s about who should be QB2 for the Bengals. If anything it should go to the FA sub forum.

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2021, 04:26 PM)Bengalitis Wrote:  I like Allen tbh. 

Meh. One good game against a terrible Houston defense. If Burrow has a setback and is not ready for the start of the season I would not be comfortable with Allen as the starter.

Reply/Quote
I wouldn't mind it if it's cheap. Honestly all I care about is getting better in the trenches and maybe a speedy WR that can stretch the field. A backup QB is so far down my list of things we need it's not funny. It would be different if this team was ready to make some noise, but making the playoffs is something that doesn't even look super likely, so with a backup in even for a few games it just makes it even that much more unlikely
Reply/Quote
I like Allen when you think of what he was playing with plus being in the system another year... Winston was the 3rd option for NO.. i like Allen skill set better with ZT than Winston.. Now if we are unable to sign Allen sure look at a veteran like Winston...
Reply/Quote
It depends how much he wants.
Reply/Quote
I voted no.

I think Jameis still wants to be a starter in this league and with a franchise QB on the team currently I wouldn't want any kind of clash in the QB room. But I'm also biased and hated him coming out of college.

The Ravens just cut RG3, I wouldn't mind signing him as a backup.
Reply/Quote
No on the Human Turnover Machine. Tampa was thrilled to get rid of him and would not be where they are now had he still been the QB.
Reply/Quote
I would kick the tires on rg3, but he wants the chance to start.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2021, 04:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Also why is this moved out of JN? It’s about who should be QB2 for the Bengals. If anything it should go to the FA sub forum.

No idea. I'm newer around here, but it's about the Bengals backup QB situation. Not sure why it can't be in JN.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2021, 04:15 PM)mas_fuerte Wrote: Not sure if this has been posted yet, but how would you feel about the Bengals signing Jameis Winston as backup QB next season?

this gave me a great laugh.... thank you.

But im a no
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2021, 02:05 AM)Joelist Wrote: No on the Human Turnover Machine. Tampa was thrilled to get rid of him and would not be where they are now had he still been the QB.

wasnt he the first 30/30 QB in a season?   Those are the type of Records we set around here.
Reply/Quote
It would be crazy to have two National Champion, Heisman winning, #1OA QB’s on the same team. I know Bruce Arians couldn’t “fix” Jameis as far as the turnovers, but he did put up huge numbers for the first time under a QB guru HC. With Zac Taylor’s main strength being working with young QB’s I don’t think Winston as QB2 would be the worst thing in the world for us. Worth the gamble imo (if he’s cheap enough).

Reply/Quote
I honestly don't see how anyone can be excited about Winston. Never seen a guy throw so many interceptions and be a commodity. It's equal to petitioning a call to start reproducing the Ford Pinto. Sloppy ugly performance that will break down by the end of the day.

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2021, 07:17 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I honestly don't see how anyone can be excited about Winston. Never seen a guy throw so many interceptions and be a commodity. It's equal to petitioning a call to start reproducing the Ford Pinto. Sloppy ugly performance that will break down by the end of the day.

C’mon now. He’s more like a super high end sports car that is amazing when it’s running well, but is not very reliable.

There are not many backup QB’s that can throw for 33 TD’s and 5100 yds. We could certainly go with a much safer game manager type QB2 that won’t turn the ball over, but they also will limit what we can do (especially in ZT’s pass happy offense).

I think he stays in New Orleans anyway though. He could do very well in Sean Payton’s offense. Hell, they might have beaten Tampa (he threw the best pass of the game) if they had started him instead of the corpse of Drew Brees.

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2021, 07:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: C’mon now. He’s more like a super high end sports car that is amazing when it’s running well, but is not very reliable.

There are not many backup QB’s that can throw for 33 TD’s and 5100 yds. We could certainly go with a much safer game manager type QB2 that won’t turn the ball over, but they also will limit what we can do (especially in ZT’s pass happy offense).

I think he stays in New Orleans anyway though. He could do very well in Sean Payton’s offense. Hell, they might have beaten Tampa (he threw the best pass of the game) if they had started him instead of the corpse of Drew Brees.

So, 8-8 every year?

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2021, 07:44 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: So, 8-8 every year?

Wait...us or the Saints? Cause if he’s here I’d hope he only has to come in when Burrow is blowing teams out. Wink

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2021, 07:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Wait...us or the Saints? Cause if he’s here I’d hope he only has to come in when Burrow is blowing teams out. Wink

Kinda missed the #2 thing, I aint lyin. But still, do you want a qb who lets another team back in the game?

Reply/Quote