Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jameis Winston's debut
Bluntly he looks awful. He had one drop dead lucky completion where the two scrubs the Vikings had in the secondary completely blew coverage and left Vincent Jackson running wide open plus he had no pressure on him at all. Other than that there is no pocket awareness whatsoever and little touch on the throws. In a way he actually looks worse than Mariotta did (except for the turnovers).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
And....he just threw it right to the Vikings defender.....HAHAHA!!!

Even the sportscasters noted he shows zero anticipation and takes WAY too long in his throwing motion. It is way too slow.
Reply/Quote
And for his next trick he fumbles a slightly high snap! He should have caught it especially as big as he is.

The interesting part will be if the Buccaneer offense moves better once he is out of the game.
Reply/Quote
And....another fumbled snap. This is getting to be high comedy.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2015, 09:51 PM)Joelist Wrote: Bluntly he looks awful. He had one drop dead lucky completion where the two scrubs the Vikings had in the secondary completely blew coverage and left Vincent Jackson running wide open plus he had no pressure on him at all. Other than that there is no pocket awareness whatsoever and little touch on the throws. In a way he actually looks worse than Mariotta did (except for the turnovers).

Mariotta did put together a nice drive after the turnovers.

It is a little early to judge either of them though, don't ya think?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Winston's "performance" has to worry the Bucs because the stuff he was bad at is extremely basic QB stuff. He showed zero pocket awareness, had problems with just ordinary things like the snap count and the exchange, not much touch and his delivery featured a very slow windup and release.

Mariotta even with the turnovers still had pocket awareness, touch and just read the field better.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2015, 04:23 PM)Joelist Wrote: Winston's "performance" has to worry the Bucs because the stuff he was bad at is extremely basic QB stuff. He showed zero pocket awareness, had problems with just ordinary things like the snap count and the exchange, not much touch and his delivery featured a very slow windup and release.

Mariotta even with the turnovers still had pocket awareness, touch and just read the field better.

I would say it's not entirely unusual for a rookie QB to lay a monumental egg his first preseason game and still come back from it.  Seems like I remember Andy having an awful first game.

WTS, I've always thought Mariotta would be the better player.  Funny how the edge people pointed to that Winston had over Mariotta was being the more pro ready.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
The ghost of Flopzel?
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2015, 04:40 PM)McC Wrote: I would say it's not entirely unusual for a rookie QB to lay a monumental egg his first preseason game and still come back from it.  Seems like I remember Andy having an awful first game.

WTS, I've always thought Mariotta would be the better player.  Funny how the edge people pointed to that Winston had over Mariotta was being the more pro ready.

To be fair Daltons rookie year there was the lockout. I don't know many rookie QBs who would look good without any kind of training camp.
Reply/Quote
If only the offensive line was half way decent a run blocking. Martin looks like he's got some of his quickness and elusiveness back. He could be a nice sleeper in fantasy land.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2015, 04:40 PM)McC Wrote: I would say it's not entirely unusual for a rookie QB to lay a monumental egg his first preseason game and still come back from it.  Seems like I remember Andy having an awful first game.

True, but Andy's preseason premiere was not like this. And it's not like he was under any real pressure. It was just basic fundamentals of QB play in the pros that he was just awful at. If I am the Bucs coaching staff Jameis gets intensive coaching before I let him back out on a field.
Reply/Quote
Bucs OL is really horrid. Not saying Winston isn't in need of a lot of work.

Mariota could have the better year based off just OL play.
Reply/Quote
I know the Bucs have OL issues, but I saw this and it wasn't OL related. He had plenty of time and just made really basic errors that even collegiate QBs usually get right.
Reply/Quote

yeah Andys first preseason game was bad.... It happens to a lot of rookies
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2015, 02:04 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: yeah Andys first preseason game was bad....  It happens to a lot of rookies

Getting Body Slammed by Suh could ruin anyone premiere.....
Reply/Quote
Andy had a rough time but he did not look like he had no knowledge of the fundamentals of the QB position. Winston did. It makes you wonder what he did before camp and indeed in camp.
Reply/Quote
He laid an egg in his first playoff game as well.Of course, that could be said about every one of his playoff performances.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2015, 03:47 PM)Stewy Wrote: Getting Body Slammed by Suh could ruin anyone premiere.....

I forgot about that.  I remember in 2010's pre-season Suh did the same thing to Jake Delhomme with the Browns and everyone here thought it was awesome and hilarious.  Fast forward one season....ouch.

So it goes!
Reply/Quote