Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James Bradberry released...
...by the Giants to save $10.2m in cap space.

He'll be 29 for the 2022 season. Might be worth checking out, can never have enough CBs.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 12:09 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: ...by the Giants to save $10.2m in cap space.

He'll be 29 for the 2022 season. Might be worth checking out, can never have enough DBs.

Definitely true after the draft.

[Image: lv6eh5586p961.gif]

[Image: 1367718480.jpg]

[Image: AP21003732551792.jpg?w=1280]

[Image: Russell-Wilson-3.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1]

[Image: 20watson-explain-mediumSquareAt3X.jpg]

[Image: 2912.jpg?width=1200&height=1200&quality=...95d87891ce]

[Image: ?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brig...1339894425]

[Image: USATSI_9861025.jpg]

[Image: a7c6954e-b954-4d1f-88be-7516a46f40a7-carr.jpg]

And that's just the AFC QB's
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If he comes at a reasonable price tag I’m all for it. It will allow CTB to develop without being needed day one. CB4 will get snaps early and often.

I feel a lot better about our CB depth after adding CTB outside and Hill potentially as a slot guy if needed, but I’d also love to see the Bengals get aggressive with our depth by bringing in affordable and solid vets as insurance. We absolutely should be all in this season.
Reply/Quote

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 03:46 PM)jj22 Wrote:

Hopefully he'd just be willing to take less to come play on a contender like us!

I love that we tried to trade for him because that means he'll know that he's wanted here and you always would rather play in a place that you're wanted!
Reply/Quote
I'm all for insurance policies for this team. You just never know what's gonna go down injury wise and the window for Super Bowls typically doesn't stay open long.
Reply/Quote
I'm all for Bradberry. Chido is a good player. Apple shocked us all last year with the way he played, but he's still on a 1 year deal. Then we have CTB, a rookie, and that's basically it. We know Duke loves CBs, so I can see him pushing to get Bradberry in here.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I still think OL is the more pressing need.

Awuzie, Apple, Hilton, Dax Hill, CTB, and Flowers is a pretty fair CB room. Though Flowers is more of a niche guy. Bradbury wouod be a an upgrade for sure (Jalen Davis is corner #6 in my estimation).

Tretter for Carman is more of an upgrade, but it is shorter term.
Reply/Quote
It's somewhat similar to Collins being available. Collins was a great fit at more of a desperate need, but both are 28. Bradberry likely gets more, but he may have to take less on the market than what he was hoping.

Like the Collins move, a long term deal would help cover you long term with the guy on the high priority left side (Jonah and Chidobe) having just 2yrs left. If he doesn't like any of the long term offers, he can be on himself in a stacked defense and team in Cincy.

Keeping him away from other AFC teams and allowing Taylor-Britt to basically redshirt or be eased along is a big deal.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2022, 06:59 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I still think OL is the more pressing need.

Awuzie, Apple, Hilton, Dax Hill, CTB, and Flowers is a pretty fair CB room. Though Flowers is more of a niche guy. Bradbury wouod be a an upgrade for sure (Jalen Davis is corner #6 in my estimation).

Tretter for Carman is more of an upgrade, but it is shorter term.

The domino effect of upgrading corner would be a big deal, especially if there is an injury or regression to Awuzie (not wanting either of course).  They currently have a stud nickel back I'm Hilton and an absolute toy to do whatever with in Hill.  If you lock down the other corner spot it would either compensate for any pass rush regression or take them to another level. 
Reply/Quote
Be a great pick up but not being able to trade for him before the draft may have entered their draft thoughts. Who knows, they are building the quality and depth out the back so hopefully.
Reply/Quote
Not sure if his price tag would be something the Bengals would want to absorb. Really good player, and his signing would almost certainly make Apple a nickel back for the most part. With all the draft capital spent on the backfield, perhaps any desire in acquiring him has sailed.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2022, 07:15 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: Not sure if his price tag would be something the Bengals would want to absorb.  Really good player, and his signing would almost certainly make Apple a nickel back for the most part.  With all the draft capital spent on the backfield, perhaps any desire in acquiring him has sailed.

Someone said the Bengals had tried to trade for him, but I would assume that was before we drafted 7 DB's in the draft. If he's willing to come on board at a discount for a contender I don't see why not.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 03:18 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Someone said the Bengals had tried to trade for him, but I would assume that was before we drafted 7 DB's in the draft. If he's willing to come on board at a discount for a contender I don't see why not.

youd think the rest of the AFCN be drafting all the DBs lol
Reply/Quote
Bradberry signs 1 year $10 millon contract with the Eagles

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote