Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James Casey and Ben Martin New TE & OL Coaches
Per Jay Morrison via Field Yates on Twitter.

James Casey was with the Texans as their TE coach and Ben Martin was the OC at Union College.

I know little to nothing about these two. Discuss.

EDIT: James Casey was the TE coach for the Houston Cougars and previously played TE for the Houston Texans.

EDIT: Ben Martin is the ASSISTANT OL Coach.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
New Tight ends coach, I think

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 04:30 PM)Takedown Wrote: Per Jay Morrison via Field Yates on Twitter.

James Casey was with the Texans as their TE coach and Ben Martin was the OC at Union College.

I know little to nothing about these two. Discuss.

EDIT: James Casey was the TE coach for the Houston Cougars and previously played TE for the Houston Texans.

Apparently, Martin coached with him at Miami.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Swapping out Pollack for a guy I've never heard of is a bit disconcerting. We'll see. Taylor must think really highly of the guy.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I remember Casey just killing the Bengals on 2nd and 3rd down in the playoffs.
nice.addition whos knows something about modern day TE and how to use them
Reply/Quote
Martin was an offensive assistant at Miami, 2014-2015...

https://unionathletics.com/staff.aspx?staff=203

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 04:51 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I remember Casey just killing the Bengals on 2nd and 3rd down in the playoffs.

Thought that was Owen Daniel?

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 04:50 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Swapping out Pollack for a guy I've never heard of is a bit disconcerting.  We'll see.  Taylor must think really highly of the guy.

Pollack chose to leave is what I am reading more and more..so not sure if i call that a swap out
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 04:51 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I remember Casey just killing the Bengals on 2nd and 3rd down in the playoffs.

I wonder if he can still play TE Ninja

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 04:50 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Swapping out Pollack for a guy I've never heard of is a bit disconcerting.  We'll see.  Taylor must think really highly of the guy.

[Image: mcBeesbb_normal.jpg]

[/url]
Field Yates @FieldYates

[url=https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1092498635206598657]
Source: the Bengals are hiring Texans TE coach James Casey to the same position and Union College OC Ben Martin as their assistant OL coach.

this says Martin will assistant OL coach hopefully he will still bring in Sherman or someone
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 04:50 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Swapping out Pollack for a guy I've never heard of is a bit disconcerting. We'll see. Taylor must think really highly of the guy.

That a bit quick after the ZT signing isn’t it? Maybe Zack didn’t have any say?

Reply/Quote
Calm down ben martin is the ASSISTANT oline coach
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 04:59 PM)mon4078 Wrote: [Image: mcBeesbb_normal.jpg]

[/url]
Field Yates @FieldYates

[url=https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1092498635206598657]
Source: the Bengals are hiring Texans TE coach James Casey to the same position and Union College OC Ben Martin as their assistant OL coach.

(02-04-2019, 05:00 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: Calm down ben martin is the ASSISTANT oline coach

Thanks for the clarification guys!

Reply/Quote
Thankful that it was just as an "assistant". Want to enjoy the good feelings for at least a day.

With MB still paying assistant coaches under Marvin, we may be in for some no name (cheap) assistant coaches like these.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I like it, now that i know Martin is just the Assistant O-line coach. Casey was a good TE in the NFL, has a modern NFL mind unlike Hayes. I want Sherman or Bill Calahan as the next O-line coach that Martin can assist.
Reply/Quote
IDC if all the offensive hires are inexperienced. Priority #1 is to bring in an experienced DC
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 07:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: IDC if all the offensive hires are inexperienced. Priority #1 is to bring in an experienced DC

Agreed, this is the big deal here.
Reply/Quote
This is a very exciting day. I love this hire and I'm super pumped to see all this unfold with hiring coaches, the draft, FA, etc. Pumped. I feel like I got moves like Jagger....
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 07:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agreed, this is the big deal here.

Seeing the name Dennis Allen popping up more and more
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote