Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James Casey and Ben Martin New TE & OL Coaches
(02-04-2019, 07:29 PM)bengaloo Wrote: This is a very exciting day. I love this hire and I'm super pumped to see all this unfold with hiring coaches, the draft, FA, etc. Pumped. I feel like I got moves like Jagger....

We'll just take your word for it.  No need to demonstrate.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 07:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Seeing the name Dennis Allen popping up more and more

Heard Allen went back to the Saints.
Reply/Quote
Just heard Del Rio is supposed to interview this week....
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 05:00 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: That a bit quick after the ZT signing isn’t it? Maybe Zack didn’t have any say?

Maybe Zack picked these guys and they were just waiting until Zack had signed his contract before they started announcing his assistants
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 07:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just heard Del Rio is supposed to interview this week....

Really?  If true, that's fantastic news.  For some reason, the tone of the info coming in the past day or two was that JDR wasn't going to be, and then these other names like Allen and Capers started popping up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 07:51 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Maybe Zack picked these guys and they were just waiting until Zack had signed his contract before they started announcing his assistants

I think this may be the case.

(02-04-2019, 07:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Really?  If true, that's fantastic news.  For some reason, the tone of the info coming in the past day or two was that JDR wasn't going to be, and then these other names like Allen and Capers started popping up.

In the Zac Taylor forum Mikey just said he heard it on NFL Network.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 08:03 PM)pally Wrote:

Yeah baby, bet he could really turn this D around...

A lot of good pieces to work with, Geno, Dunlap, Lawson, Hubbard, Billings, WJ3, Bates, (bring back Dennard) etc.

Just need to add a few Linebackers and Del Rio knows his Linebackers, bet he would bring in a good LB coach.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 08:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah baby, bet he could really turn this D around...

A lot of good pieces to work with, Geno, Dunlap, Lawson, Hubbard, Billings, WJ3, Bates, (bring back Dennard) etc.

Just need to add a few Linebackers and Del Rio knows his Linebackers, bet he would bring in a good LB coach.

Wow your dead on. The Dline and secondary are pretty good. JDR could come in here and influence some good LBs to sign and he knows LBers.
Man I'm excited about this defense and this team again.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 10:08 PM)Natifan Wrote: Wow your dead on. The Dline and secondary are pretty good. JDR could come in here and influence some good LBs to sign and he knows LBers.
Man I'm excited about this defense and this team again.

Me too man, Austin didn't fit at all with what our players bring scheme wise. They need to be used aggressive with lots of man and blitzing. We add a couple good tackling, covering, blitzing Linebackers and we will improve big time. It was unfair to our D-line and Secondary last year the way QB's could just check it down and the RB's, TE's and WR's could just beat our Linebackers.

Not to mention all that soft coverage we played on 3rd down, ridiculous.

With Del Rio and a good LB coach our biggest weakness WILL be getting fixed.

Still interested to see who the O-line coach will be which is the guy who will coach up our other weakness.
Reply/Quote
Andy furman reporting jack del rio gonna be the dc...hes they guy who said we were hiring zac taylor when nobody believed him so im thinking this is solid. Looks like we got him.

Now lets get bill callahan in the fold. He dont want to be with redskins so im hoping this happens.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 07:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Heard Allen went back to the Saints.

He hasn't signed yet. I really think it comes down to him, JDR, and Dom Capers. I'd be happy with any of the 3
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 10:15 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: Andy furman reporting jack del rio gonna be the dc...hes they guy who said we were hiring zac taylor when nobody believed him so im thinking this is solid. Looks like we got him.

Now lets get bill callahan in the fold. He dont want to be with redskins so im hoping this happens.

If we make Bill the assistant HC/O-line coach it would be a step up from the Redskins job so he could probably get out of Washington. I think this would be a great move for us and would make sense why Pollack left as he was told his mentor was going to come here and left out of courtesy for Bill.
Reply/Quote
Callahan doesnt want to be there and all indications early on were the redskins were gonna let him move on until senior bowl they indicated they expect him to be back. I would have liked to poach tomsula as well but it appears hes staying in washington.
Reply/Quote
How good was union college last year
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
Didn't Martin work with Sherman, who was considered one of the best O-Line coaches outside of Bill Callahan?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 10:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If we make Bill the assistant HC/O-line coach it would be a step up from the Redskins job so he could probably get out of Washington. I think this would be a great move for us and would make sense why Pollack left as he was told his mentor was going to come here and left out of courtesy for Bill.

They can still block it Nate
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
People, Allen is going back to the Saints and Callahan was blocked.

You all should really go to PFR.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 12:05 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: People, Allen is going back to the Saints and Callahan was blocked.

You all should really go to PFR.

Allen to saints looks to be confirmed.  I have never seen on any site or an reports that callahan has been blocked.  Only thing that has come out was at senior bowl when bruce allen gave a no commital "he should be back" in regards to callahan.  Saying he should be back is far from saying they blocked an interview.
Reply/Quote
From Union College's website. (I am assuming this is the guy not 100% sure):

"Union College Head Football Coach Jeff Behrman announced the hiring of Ben Martin as the Offensive Coordinator and Offensive Line Coach on March 11, 2016.

"I am extremely proud that Ben Martin has accepted the Offensive Coordinator/Offensive Line position at Union College," stated Behrman. "His coaching experience at every level of competitive football along with his experience as a Division III student-athlete will immediately benefit our program.  His success as a recruiter at the college level and his passion to mentor the Division III student-athlete were key qualities that stood out during the interview process."

Martin was an offensive assistant for the Dolphins in the 2014 and 2015 seasons. He served as an offensive line coach and run game coordinator at Wagner College in the 2013 season, and was at Princeton in 2012. Martin was an integral part of a Princeton program that posted its biggest turnaround in more than 20 years. The Tigers went 5-5 in Martin's one season there, including a 4-3 Ivy League record. These marks came one year after Princeton went 1-9 overall and1-6 in the Ivies. He also served for two seasons as Offensive Quality Control Coach at Texas A&M under Mike Sherman, who won three NFC North titles while as head coach of the Green Bay Packers.

Prior to his tenure at Texas A&M, Martin spent the 2008 and 2009 seasons as run-game/recruiting coordinator at Merrimack College, where he helped develop one of the nation's most prolific Division II offenses. During his second year, Merrimack won the Northeast -10 Conference title. Martin began his coaching career at Curry College as an offensive line/tight ends coach. Curry won a conference title in 2007 and earned its first playoff victory in school history. Before embarking on his collegiate coaching career, Martin graduated from Trinity College and was a standout offensive lineman. He helped the Bantams set a NESCAC record win streak while winning three conference titles prior to his 2005 graduation."

Looks like he worked under Mike Sherman. There's the connection. Do we bring in Mike Sherman as OL Coach?
Reply/Quote