Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James Comey Press Con. At 11am
Stay tuned, it's going to get messy no matter what he has to say.

If he says Clinton is to be indicted, Democrats will be in trouble.
If he says Clinton is cleared, Republicans will be up in arms calling for someone's head because of that meeting between Bill and Lynch.

It's a mess no matter what.
So in a nutshell, Comey said what she did was criminal but he don't recommend prosecution.

Makes sense
Clinton is criminal, Trump is being sued for massive fraud BUT both sides of supporters can agree that people who think Gary Johnson should be president are insane! Bah!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-05-2016, 12:55 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: So in a nutshell, Comey said what she did was criminal but he don't recommend prosecution.

Makes sense

Which was pretty much the thought behind the kr@gwbush.com and the gwb43.com emails being stored on RNC servers and not federal ones.
(07-05-2016, 12:55 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: So in a nutshell, Comey said what she did was criminal but he don't recommend prosecution.

Makes sense

He stated that the past cases that were prosecuted had evidence of intent.
My problem is the length of time in which they took to hand over the server and the deletion of emails by the lawyers.
To me, that is obstruction.
It was a protest statement. He spent 10 minutes outlining how many times and how many ways she broke the Espionage Act laws, then said they will not recommend prosecution. So, he gets to keep his job, Lynch gets to keep her job, and the world knows she's guilty. (but above the law)
Nixon lost his presidency over the Watergate cover-up of basically a harmless crime when it came down to it, though it was still a crime they covered up. And now Hillary could become president after lying about not knowing in having classified information sent to a non-secure server, which obviously is a crime. How far we have come in the last 40 years.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(07-05-2016, 02:25 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Nixon lost his presidency over the Watergate cover-up of basically a harmless crime when it came down to it, though it was still a crime they covered up. And now Hillary could become president after lying about not knowing in having classified information sent to a non-secure server, which obviously is a crime. How far we have come in the last 40 years.

Meh, Nixon got pinched for Watergate the way Capone got pinched for tax evasion.
(07-05-2016, 02:25 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Nixon lost his presidency over the Watergate cover-up of basically a harmless crime when it came down to it, though it was still a crime they covered up. And now Hillary could become president after lying about not knowing in having classified information sent to a non-secure server, which obviously is a crime. How far we have come in the last 40 years.

I think that's the arguable part there.

There's rules and then there's rules. In practice, federal officials as high as the president have kept classified info on unsecured servers since at least Bush. And there's a good bet Clinton I did the same. If it's a rule not in use and the opposite is in practice, it would be difficult to prosecute.

And Watergate was a culmination of events ranging from assault to theft allegedly sanctioned by the president, not one act that was erroneously repeated over and over by multiple people.
(07-05-2016, 02:38 PM)Benton Wrote: I think that's the arguable part there.

There's rules and then there's rules. In practice, federal officials as high as the president have kept classified info on unsecured servers since at least Bush. And there's a good bet Clinton I did the same. If it's a rule not in use and the opposite is in practice, it would be difficult to prosecute.

And Watergate was a culmination of events ranging from assault to theft allegedly sanctioned by the president, not one act that was erroneously repeated over and over by multiple people.

Well we cant hang her for Benghazi, cant hang her for emails... Time to focus on the evil Clinton foundation. Surely there is a legit reason to hang her found somewhere in that sinister operation. Time to get the FBI and CIA involved in that, definitely something we need to waste loads of time on, congressional hearings, throw everything we got at it. Who is with me?
Wow I'm shocked. LOL Like they are going to indict a presidential nominee.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Not surprised. There was no criminal intent to warrant the charges many wanted to see her get. It was stupid and potentially unethical (certainly so in my opinion as it seems clear she tried to skirt transparency laws), but not illegal. I am concerned that a person in their 60's can do this as they run an executive department. Hopefully this has changed and we have people who managed the cyber security of our executive departments.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(07-05-2016, 02:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, Nixon got pinched for Watergate the way Capone got pinched for tax evasion.

CNN had a great series on the 70's and it covered Watergate very well.  I heard a lot of things I didn't know myself.

One thing was that Nixon went so far to cover everything up all he did was draw more attention to what he did.  He might have gotten away with most of it if he hadn't been so completely paranoid.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-05-2016, 03:22 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Not surprised. There was no criminal intent to warrant the charges many wanted to see her get. It was stupid and potentially unethical (certainly so in my opinion as it seems clear she tried to skirt transparency laws), but not illegal. I am concerned that a person in their 60's can do this as they run an executive department. Hopefully this has changed and we have people who managed the cyber security of our executive departments.

As I've said since jump. Her best defense is stupidity. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-05-2016, 04:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As I've said since jump. Her best defense is stupidity. 

Or that she wasn't doing anything with intent.

But where are the talking points for that?
I'll bet some partisan committees are just lickin their chops to drag this out over the next four years.

This will probably be Hillary's birth certificate equivalent.
If the wiki-leak's tweet of her one email is true, then she knowingly instructed her staff to send something classified to her non-secure email. Of course if it is true, it doesnt matter with Lynch as the A.G. anyways.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(07-05-2016, 05:13 PM)Millhouse Wrote: If the wiki-leak's tweet of her one email is true, then she knowingly instructed her staff to send something classified to her non-secure email. Of course if it is true, it doesnt matter with Lynch as the A.G. anyways.

If WL is correct, she mentioned in an email that she was going to sacrifice a chicken to Moloch, too.
LOL
(07-05-2016, 06:41 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: If WL is correct, she mentioned in an email that she was going to sacrifice a chicken to Moloch, too.
LOL

Yeah, but who hasn't?
Watching the GOP grind their teeth and beat their breasts of the Clintons has become like watching J. Jonah Jameson trying to prove Spider Man is a crook.

Comical.