Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James Comey writes a book...
Im just curious how/why he was hired to be the head of the FBI in the first place.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-14-2018, 12:04 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Im just curious how/why he was hired to be the head of the FBI in the first place.

Obama told him it was because of his integrity. He was incredibly well respected and worked with Mueller, the previous director. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

I ordered his book off Amazon this weekend. Should be a good read.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(04-16-2018, 10:57 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I ordered his book off Amazon this weekend. Should be a good read.

I am undecided about whether to buy a copy.

I hearby authorize you to offer the forum a report on Comey's book, on Bels Book thread.
(04-16-2018, 06:56 PM)Dill Wrote: I am undecided about whether to buy a copy.

I hearby authorize you to offer the forum a report on Comey's book, on Bels Book thread.

I've been thinking about Madeline Albright's book. I'm busy with I Can't Breathe at the moment, though.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
I'm torn. I don't know who to believe. Comey the former FBI directer or a conman who has lied 2500 times since taking office. Hmm, tough choice. Hmm
Comey is shooting himself in the foot by publishing this book and conducting interviews while he still is an active witness in the Mueller investigation.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(04-16-2018, 07:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Comey is shooting himself in the foot by publishing this book and conducting interviews while he still is an active witness in the Mueller investigation.

Maybe he needed the money being no NBA wanted him.
(04-16-2018, 07:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Comey is shooting himself in the foot by publishing this book and conducting interviews while he still is an active witness in the Mueller investigation.

He should just tweet about it.   Ninja 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-16-2018, 07:07 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: I'm torn. I don't know who to believe. Comey the former FBI directer or a conman who has lied 2500 times since taking office. Hmm, tough choice. Hmm

I don’t believe any of them on the entirety of the situation. There’s nothing saying if one of them is a sleaze the other can’t be one too. Comey comes off as a smug ass.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(04-16-2018, 08:22 PM)GMDino Wrote: He should just tweet about it.   Ninja 

No, that's most likely not a good idea either. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(04-16-2018, 08:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No, that's most likely not a good idea either. 
Well no one really reads tweets or puts much stock in them so I guess it wouldn't make any difference.   Mellow

I did wonder about that. Mueller can't be too happy, right.

PS if someone reads the book, please put the review in here... :)
(04-17-2018, 02:29 AM)hollodero Wrote: I did wonder about that. Mueller can't be too happy, right.

PS if someone reads the book, please put the review in here... :)

"I made a couple of tiny errors, and I really felt bad about them, but basically I'm awesome, and super tall."
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(04-17-2018, 08:57 AM)michaelsean Wrote: "I made a couple of tiny errors, and I really felt bad about them, but basically I'm awesome, and super tall."

Except he doesn't feel bad and said in his interview he'd do it all over again.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(04-17-2018, 09:05 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Except he doesn't feel bad and said in his interview he'd do it all over again.

And once again it seems admitting you made a mistake is seen as a sign of weakness.

I haven't watched a single interview and have not read the book yet, but I have seen what both he and the POTUS have said.  Pretty easy to believe Comey over Trump.

But I'd believe almost anyone over Trump as Trump is a proven conman and liar.
(04-17-2018, 09:05 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Except he doesn't feel bad and said in his interview he'd do it all over again.

I don't know what he said in the interview, but he said his insides were turned inside out about re-opening the Hillary investigation.  That qualifies as feeling bad to me.

(04-17-2018, 09:23 AM)GMDino Wrote: And once again it seems admitting you made a mistake is seen as a sign of weakness.

I haven't watched a single interview and have not read the book yet, but I have seen what both he and the POTUS have said.  Pretty easy to believe Comey over Trump.

But I'd believe almost anyone over Trump as Trump is a proven conman and liar.

Who said that?  I surely didn't.  

(04-17-2018, 09:32 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Who said that?  I surely didn't.  

Well, you did.  It was sarcasm I assume...but I wasn't referencing you.

In general the internets have attacked Comey for suggesting he made "mistakes" along the way.  Which I see as a human being admitting his failings. The left is blaming him for Trump winning.   The right is blaming him for attacking Trump for no reason.

No win for him.