Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morgan Moses to the Ravens
(03-16-2022, 10:50 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Ironman as in being out there every game. Extremely durable. I thought this was a known analogy.
My bad.

When I think of Ironman, I think of Tony stark. Lol

Availability doesn’t have much to do with skill, but it is important (maybe the most important).

I just think that he is eh as a longer(ish) solution. 3 teams in 3 years, on eh contracts, is pretty telling.

I understand now, thanks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 12:21 AM)Whatever Wrote: The T market honestly wasn't that great.  It was basically old and hurt or young and mediocre.  Armstead has kind of held that market up.  Surprised to see Moses take a deal that bad this early.  This really puts the screws to guys like Daryl Williams, Mike Remmers, and Reiff.  If I were the Bengals, I'd offer Reiff 1 year/$3 mil to be the swing T next year regardless of what else shakes out with the T market.

So far they have not done enough to address 70 sacks on a once in a genration QB! ......I predict Reiff returns....we cant possibly be thinking we are going with Prince!?? He is Ok as a backup, not starter. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 09:34 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Moses was also not released from WFT until May 20, so he missed the normal signing period for FA last year.
Teams had already spent their cap and drafted, so he didn't have much other choice than taking a cheap prove-it deal.

But it wasnt a prove-it deal, it was a depth deal as the Jets had their starters, Becton went down.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 11:48 AM)casear2727 Wrote: But it wasnt a prove-it deal, it was a depth deal as the Jets had their starters, Becton went down.

That's true, but given all the teams basically filled their needs in March and April, he was very likely going to have to be a depth signing.
Put this more on the fact that WFT released him very late vs his lack of ability.
He proved this past season with the Jets that he still has starter ability.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 12:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That's true, but given all the teams basically filled their needs in March and April, he was very likely going to have to be a depth signing.
Put this more on the fact that WFT released him very late vs his lack of ability.
He proved this past season with the Jets that he still has starter ability.

I dont disagree, I will state that his 5M per season suggests he is considered very average.  That said he would be an upgrade for us without a doubt, still no comparison to Collins as some have equated, but an upgrade nonetheless.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 12:46 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I dont disagree, I will state that his 5M per season suggests he is considered very average.  That said he would be an upgrade for us without a doubt, still no comparison to Collins as some have equated, but an upgrade nonetheless.

There's definite concern with Collins though that a team hasn't traded for him. The speculation is that there are issues there that teams feel he's not worth the $10 mill per year cost. Teams might be waiting just for him to get released and then pounce on him for a cheaper price tag.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 01:06 PM)ochocincos Wrote: There's definite concern with Collins though that a team hasn't traded for him. The speculation is that there are issues there that teams feel he's not worth the $10 mill per year cost. Teams might be waiting just for him to get released and then pounce on him for a cheaper price tag.

I believe that is all terribly wrong and we may find out soon.  Simply a higher ask than we expected...

Patrik Walker in Dallas reported the Patriots have kicked around several ideas for compensation that include a possible swap of picks or a simply giving the Cowboys a pick on Day 2, but the discussions are preliminary and haven't yet been presented.

Collins is very good.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 11:10 AM)kalibengal Wrote: So far they have not done enough to address 70 sacks on a once in a genration QB! ......I predict Reiff returns....we cant possibly be thinking we are going with Prince!?? He is Ok as a backup, not starter. 

Sure they have,  they have replaced 2 of the 5 lineman, thats a significant difference.  Also not all 70 sacks can be attributed to the line.  probably 7-10 were avoidable by Burrow.  Also the Karras signing gives flexibility if we move him the C and hopkins out.  Hopkins isnt bad.  

I know as fans we think all 5 lineman should be replaced with pro bowlers, but it just isnt that easy and doesnt work that way.  They upgraded this line on the first day quickly,  Thats phenomenal  
Reply/Quote
I had heard so much talk about Moses around here I was starting to feel like we were all slaves in Egypt.
Reply/Quote