Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James Harrison defends Burfict
http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25444633/james-harrison-gets-vontaze-burficts-back-in-controversial-antonio-brown-hit

Thoughts ?
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
He's not wrong. It's silly to flag that but not the Shazier hit.
VB ducked the shoulder when he could have killed Brown.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 06:56 PM)Trademark Wrote: http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25444633/james-harrison-gets-vontaze-burficts-back-in-controversial-antonio-brown-hit

Thoughts ?

That's what Deion Sanders said in that video I posted which probably few watched, instead are basing things upon last night.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 07:00 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: That's what Deion Sanders said in that video I posted which probably few watched, instead are basing things upon last night.

Things are based on the reactions of Jim Nance and Phil Simms who had it out for the Bengals all day
Reply/Quote
Talk about misleading headlines.

He didn't "back him"

He admitted that it was a penalty by rule, only to state he disagrees with the rule because of the speed of it all.

He then goes on to say Burfict is "calculated", i.e. knew what he was doing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If you are gonna call that, you got to make that call on both teams. Wow, don't even get me ranting again.
Reply/Quote
No flag on Shazier or Porter and Munchek not ejected but Tez is is criminal and needs to be suspended

Bullshit

If I am the Bengals I would go to tricking war to fight a suspension of Tez and be in GODel's office making him explain why Shazier was not ejected and why Porter did not get an offsetting penalty.

NFL refs are the absolute worse and they gave the game to the team that truly is the dirtiest in the league.

No integrity league until they have full time officials who watch game film, get benched when they screw up, and understand how to apply rules consistently.
Reply/Quote
Antonio Brown is in concussion protocol. How many on here think he'll have a miraculous recovery before the Denver game?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 07:15 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Antonio Brown is in concussion protocol.  How many on here think he'll have a miraculous recovery before the Denver game?

He's already been cleared. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 07:15 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Antonio Brown is in concussion protocol.  How many on here think he'll have a miraculous recovery before the Denver game?

I thought I read he had already cleared it.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 07:17 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: He's already been cleared. 

That is why the protocol is a joke. They don't even follow it....
Reply/Quote
Anyone have a link to Antonio Brown being cleared of concussion?

Reply/Quote
Harrison is 100% correct. Even in high school football it was hard to completely control your body in order to avoid hitting an offensive player in a certain spot and the NFL is twice as fast as high school. As other's have said, if Burfict actually intended to hit him in the head he could have gone straight helmet to helmet and possibly ended Antonio Brown's career.

With that said, Burfict's hit was a penalty, but so was Shazier's. The onus is on the NFL to discipline their officials for blatant inconsistencies in calling penalties, but they won't because they make mountains of money regardless of the integrity of the process.
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote
Look at the replay. Vontaze Burfict went low and to the left to avoid Antonio Brown's helmet before Brown lowered his head to initiate helmet to helmet contact with Burfict. Brown should have been flagged for fifteen yards and ejected just as Ryan Shazier should have been flagged for fifteen yards and ejected for his helmet to helmet spearing-targeting of Gio Bernard. Shazier taunted Bernard after the play and should have incurred an additional foul.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 06:59 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: He's not wrong. It's silly to flag that but not the Shazier hit.
VB ducked the shoulder when he could have killed Brown.

You have to wonder if it had been Kirkpatric or anyone else other than Burfect if it would  have been called at all
Reply/Quote
Kirkpatrick delivers hard hits? All that guy does is get burned...
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 08:22 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Look at the replay. Vontaze Burfict went low to avoid Antonio Brown's helmet before Brown lowered his head to initiate helmet to helmet contact with Burfict. Brown should have been flagged for fifteen yards and ejected just as Ryan Shazier should have been flagged for fifteen yards and ejected for his helmet to helmet spearing-targeting of Gio Bernard. Shazier taunted Bernard after the play and should have incurred an additional foul.

Im not sure if Brown intentionally lowered his head as he was already falling backwards and downward, but it is very clear that VB did not target and that AB's head moved into the path of VB helmet and shoulder pads.  
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 07:01 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Things are based on the reactions of Jim Nance and Phil Simms who had it out for the Bengals all day

The only reason why anyone ever brought up the Burfict sack on Roethlisberger. That play happens 10 times a week in the regular season and nobody mentions it again. Heck, that happened to Tony Romo TWICE this year. (Hurt his collarbone both times.) Nobody mentioned it other than a shitty freak injury that just sometimes happens when you come down wrong.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 08:29 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: Im not sure if Brown intentionally lowered his head as he was already falling backwards and downward, but it is very clear that VB did target and the AB's head moved into the path of VB helmet and shoulder pads.  

Not that it means anything but Deion Sanders and James Harrison both saw the play the same way I did.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 08:29 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Kirkpatrick delivers hard hits? All that guy does is get burned...

LOL....I was being facetious using Kirkpatric's name, but his name just popped into my mind.  Yes, Kirkpatric is the least capable of our DB's without a doubt.  Hope he gets waived when Dennard comes around
Reply/Quote