Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James Harrison defends Burfict
(01-10-2016, 08:30 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The only reason why anyone ever brought up the Burfict sack on Roethlisberger. That play happens 10 times a week in the regular season and nobody mentions it again. Heck, that happened to Tony Romo TWICE this year. (Hurt his collarbone both times.) Nobody mentioned it other than a shitty freak injury that just sometimes happens when you come down wrong.

That sack happened in almost the exact same spot as Carson Palmer's injury at the hands of Kimo von Oelhoffen ten years ago:  Near the south end zone.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 08:31 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Not that it means anything but Deion Sanders and James Harrison both saw the play the same way I did.

It should say "did NOT lower his head."  
I don't think VB was targeting
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 08:33 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: LOL....I was being facetious using Kirkpatric's name, but his name just popped into my mind.  Yes, Kirkpatric is the least capable of our DB's without a doubt.  Hope he gets waived when Dennard comes around

Saved more than one TD last night...
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 08:35 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Saved more than one TD last night...

LOL  it's not nearly as hard to defend the pass in the monsoon that was coming down.  Much harder to throw and catch than to defend.  Had the conditions been perfect Brown would have eat Kirkpatric's rear end alive.  Actually Rothlesberger would have probably had 400+ especially after Nelson went down.  Our chances were much better to win the game in the weather that we had more so than had it been perfect conditions.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 08:35 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: It should say "did NOT lower his head."  
I don't think VB was targeting

Thank you -- and that's what I meant.  Vontaze Burfict moved his head down and to the side to avoid Antonio Brown's helmet but he never looked down and led with the crown of the helmet.  I cannot say that about Ryan Shazier who speared or targeted Giovani Bernard.
Reply/Quote
Anyone consider that Harrison and VB might be friends in some capacity?

This might weigh into some of his statement.

No way a Steeler even gives the slightest budge on a questionable opponents play.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 07:17 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: He's already been cleared. 

It's a miracle! Smirk
Reply/Quote
After playing here for a season Harrison got to know Burfict and knows how he plays. I am sure he sees Burfict as a younger version of himself and can relate. Also notice Harrison was not involved in any of the "talk".
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 09:24 PM)Beaker Wrote: After playing here for a season Harrison got to know Burfict and knows how he plays. I am sure he sees Burfict as a younger version of himself and can relate. Also notice Harrison was not involved in any of the "talk".

That's what I was leaning towards as well.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 09:24 PM)Beaker Wrote: After playing here for a season Harrison got to know Burfict and knows how he plays. I am sure he sees Burfict as a younger version of himself and can relate. Also notice Harrison was not involved in any of the "talk".

The pregame melee last game began with Burfict and the scrub and ended between Burfict and Harrison.

Just sayin'.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 08:38 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: LOL  it's not nearly as hard to defend the pass in the monsoon that was coming down.  Much harder to throw and catch than to defend.  Had the conditions been perfect Brown would have eat Kirkpatric's rear end alive.  Actually Rothlesberger would have probably had 400+ especially after Nelson went down.  Our chances were much better to win the game in the weather that we had more so than had it been perfect conditions.

I was referring to hustling and pursuing plays.

There were a few plays that could have put PIttsburgh in great position except that Dre chased down the ball carrier.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 08:22 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Look at the replay. Vontaze Burfict went low and to the left to avoid Antonio Brown's helmet before Brown lowered his head to initiate helmet to helmet contact with Burfict. Brown should have been flagged for fifteen yards and ejected just as Ryan Shazier should have been flagged for fifteen yards and ejected for his helmet to helmet spearing-targeting of Gio Bernard. Shazier taunted Bernard after the play and should have incurred an additional foul.

Exactly!!!  Too bad not many outside of Bengals fans were able to see what really happened.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D8eognJrC1Q

Watch that video and it compares the Steeler hits and media commentary vs. Bengal hits.
Absolutely ridiculous!
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote