Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James Harrison says Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin handed him an envelope after viol
Ex-NFL star says his head coach handed him this after vicious hit in 2010

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/james-harrison-says-steelers-head-coach-mike-tomlin-handed-him-envelope-after-violent-hit-2010

Former Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison said head coach Mike Tomlin handed him an envelope after one of the most violent hits of his NFL career.

Back in 2010 against the Cleveland Browns, Harrison led with his helmet and laid out Mohamed Massaquoi, which resulted in a $75,000 fine, and the defenseless wide receiver had to leave the game early with a concussion.

"Listen, on everything I love, on my daddy’s grave, I hit that man with about 50 percent of what I had and I just hit him because I wanted him to let loose of the ball," Harrison told Barstool Sports' "Going Deep" podcast. "If I had knew they was gonna fine me $75,000, I would have tried to kill him.

“And, I ain’t gonna lie to you, when that happened, right? the G-est thing Mike Tomlin ever did, he handed me an envelope after that,” Harrison added. "I ain’t gonna say what, but he handed me an envelope after that."
When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Can't say im shocked. Hurting the other teams players with dirty hits is the MO over there.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
We should’ve made a kickstarter for Burfict after hitting AB... man, if that exact same hit happened this year he would have been a hero instead of a villain!
Reply/Quote
And nothing will come of this at all.

Is absolutely should be investigated and punishment handed out, like the Saints bounty scandal, but there is no way the league goes after this.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If you think that the Saints were the only team doing a "Bounty Gate" kind of thing, then you're a certified moron. They were the ones that just happened to get busted. It's probably still happening, but they've gotten better at hiding it. If I were to pick any team in the league that would be guilty of this kind of crap it would definitely be Pittsburgh.

I can't wait for the fans to defend this is just "HaRDnOsEd StEeLeR FoOtBaLl"
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I really hope the league fines Harrison.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Even Sean Payton is calling the league out on the fact that they will sweep this away.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2891797-sean-payton-id-be-shocked-if-nfl-investigates-james-harrisons-tomlin-claim.amp.html

The league is a joke.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Mike Tomlin is allowed to tackle players on the sidelines. Nothing to see here
Reply/Quote
When I look at the Steelers nowadays, I almost feel sorry for them.  They're like if Mike Tyson wasn't any good at fighting.  Sad.
Reply/Quote
Typical classless Steelers.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I just find it funny to hear the name Mohammed Massaquoi again... God the Browns suck.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
And again bengals fans show their hatchet wounds cuz the Steelers have been a better team for years and years. Harrison should not be fined there was no bounty and it’s not the Steelers MO to hurt people on purpose. The shit out of some of ur mouths I say again makes it embarrassing to be bengal fans with you. Sack up people.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2020, 10:31 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: And again bengals fans show their hatchet wounds cuz the Steelers have been a better team for years and years.  Harrison should not be fined there was no bounty and it’s not the Steelers MO to hurt people on purpose.  The shit out of some of ur mouths I say again makes it embarrassing to be bengal fans with you.  Sack up people.

Have you ever even watched a Steelers game???
Reply/Quote
The hit wasn't even illegal and the NFL was selling pictures of this hit on their website. There were 3 huge fines (one on a Patriot and one on a Falcon) because the league suddenly needed to react the 40 years of covering up and ignoring brain damage. Harrison and the Falcon guy both had their fines greatly reduced after appeal. I think the Patriot guy got a smaller reduction in his fine, but his hit was a launching targeting head shot and way more blatant then other two's hits.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2020, 07:10 PM)6andcounting Wrote: The hit wasn't even illegal 

Hilarious LMAO Hilarious LMAO Hilarious LMAO
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Whats new, Steelers have always been shady.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Steeler football. 
They don't like it when you play that way against them, though.
Reply/Quote